By MonMarty on Dec 6, 2018 at 12:10 PM
  1. MonMarty

MonMarty the thot thiccens… Staff Member Server Owner

Simple short message to communicate the new regulations concerning Regalian Housing. These are pertinent to all Players:
    • Modifying the ground floor walls is not permitted, even if the player is able to do so. These floors extend for a reason, and not to give players access to modify their wall. If a player insists on changing the layout of the wall, a ticket is required for World Staff.
    • Buildings can be merged with help of World Staff, which means you must send a ticket to get this help. World Staff will discuss how to merge the house with you. In most cases, this will result in a single doorway being made in each floor, or only at ground level, or to create a shared staircase. You may not under any circumstance edit the house yourself with pistons, as this would be a violation of the building and result in eviction.
    • Found a house you bought with holes? Please ticket staff! Do not try to rectify the problem yourself. If for example you bought a house that was merged and want to split it again, contact World staff instead of trying with pistons.
    • Want a shop House? You can start one anywhere, with Staff Help! You can send a request on this thread for your house in Regalian to be converted to a Shop Region. Found a shop region and would you like it to become a regular house? Send an in-game ticket for it to be converted back to a regular house. The fee is not refunded.
    • You may buy as many houses as your account is able to support. There are no rules on single account house ownership. You may however not own multiple houses on different accounts. We may also evict houses which we feel are not used, or are purely being owned for the sake of spiting other players or otherwise keeping a property off the market.
    • MassiveCraft Staff temporarily subsidizes the housing market. If you have successfully bought, refurbished and resold a property on auction on the forums, you may send in a subsidy request on this thread.
    • Houses are meant for roleplay use. Any house not being used for roleplay use will be evicted. You may rent a house up to a maximum of 3 months. This is hardcoded for now. While you may rent a house and keep it reserved for extended periods of time while you are absent from massive, just logging on and keeping up the rent for 5+ months is not permitted.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'Server News and Announcements' started by MonMarty, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Kerfloosh
      Kerfloosh
      "Modifying the ground floor walls is not permitted, even if the player is able to do so. These floors extend for a reason, and not to give players access to modify their wall. If a player insists on changing the layout of the wall, a ticket is required for World Staff."

What if the modification is made by a player that happens to be capable of building at or better than World Team level? Would it be possible to get some sort of permission in that case?

Asking for a friend. (totally not me wym i have no idea what ur talking about)
    2. MonMarty
      MonMarty
      I'd be hard pressed to find someone that is that capable and not already world. Regardless of that fact, the rule is consistent. We build the houses to look a certain way to keep harmony in the street. Only World Staff are permitted to edit the base floor. If violations of the building code are found, the owners are evicted. These rules exist for practicality sake, and principle sake, not necessarily for the sake of ensuring beauty. Part of it comes down to respecting the work put in by the world staff members and ensuring that their vision of the city is maintained without tampering with it.
    3. Q1ntum_shot
      Q1ntum_shot
      Out of curiosity can we destroy the walls to make our houses look old and abandoned?
    4. SnashuuPomaymay
      SnashuuPomaymay
      • Houses are meant for roleplay use. Any house not being used for roleplay use will be evicted. You may rent a house up to a maximum of 3 months. This is hardcoded for now. While you may rent a house and keep it reserved for extended periods of time while you are absent from massive, just logging on and keeping up the rent for 5+ months is not permitted.
      This rule concerns me a bit as someone who can't always be active. I love renting a house, putting out time and effort to decorate it, and then attempting to have or encourage roleplay there. I just have a few questions, is all! I won't complain, because I know this is to encourage people to roleplay at their homes / have neighborly RP.

1.) Will we recieve a warning similar to how shop owners are given warnings before being evicted? I'd like to know so I have a chance to either encourage more RP at that house, or remove the decor I worked to get from my house.

2.) What do I do if I struggle to get roleplay at my house due to personal/OOC problems? I have a lot going on in my real life, and a lot of problems do tend to randomly pop up with no warning- So any recommendations will be incredibly helpful!

3.) Is there a certain amount of messages that must be achieved at the house every three months to ensure we can keep the home, similarly to the shops system? If so, it'd be helpful to get a number, so I can encourage roleplay at my home as soon as I get it to ensure I reach that number, and so I know if the number is obtainable with two houses- Because I have two main characters with houses.

Thank you very much in avdanced!
    5. Wumpatron
      Wumpatron
      The post above your question answers this I feel.
    6. Q1ntum_shot
      Q1ntum_shot
      I saw it

thanks btw
    7. WaterDruppel
      WaterDruppel
      1. Most likely not. The city is still too big for us Staff members to check each and every house and keep each and every player up to date with whether they will get evicted or not.

2 & 3. The rule of roleplay activity is moreso in place to prevent houses remaining empty and unused for longer periods of time. We simply cannot check each and every region on activity since that would require too much time, but a quick glance inside a house that has been empty for a couple of weeks is enough of an indication that the house is not being used in any way. If you struggle to get roleplay at your house, that is not necessarily a reason for eviction, so you should not worry too much.
    8. SnashuuPomaymay
      SnashuuPomaymay
      Thank you! I’ll keep this in mind!
    9. Kelpsy
      Kelpsy
      Totes just gonna go ahead and ask— what do I gotta do to get a staff to lemme decorate my own buildin..? I know the staff can redecorate homes, but I wanna do up my own. Can I put in a request for materials since there isn’t a market atm ( or so I have be tolde )? Or is that totally overstepping my boundaries lmao

I’m a-scared of the pvpers in survival -u-
    10. Reaganism
      Reaganism
      I like the idea of subsidies. Trickle down economy from the housing market.
    11. Timisc
      Timisc
      You can't ask staff for items. You need to get those yourself in survival.
    12. Kelpsy
      Kelpsy
      Fair do. Thanks man!