Reflections

Discussion in 'Player Stories' started by Reaganism, Nov 13, 2017.

1. Reaganism

Reaganism 40th President of the United States

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As I found myself becoming a famous actress amidst the intrigue of the Castellajoux court I also discovered I grew ever so fascinated with the mirrors that latticed my empty bedchamber from all sides. I oft stood there for hours, glaring from one plane to the other, searching for the right reflection, though finding nothing but strangers who raised their fists in anger or laughter at my desperation.

One night I grew to a maddened haze and threw myself against the mirrors each until there was but one single one left. In it, however, I discovered a lonesome girl lost both in space and time, features missing and having but a single lock of hair dangling from the top of her head.

I reached for my kit of make-up to create a shadow mimicking the socket of eyes on the blank face that stared at me, finding much resolve in my handiwork. I spent the next dozen years in the room slowly working on moulding the mannequin to an image I was satisfied with: not perfection and not a model of beauty, merely something I could finally lose myself in and confuse with reality.

Now I walk every day with the lonesome girl’s hand in my own, looking at the blank faces in the great holy city wandering on and about, as lost as my masterpiece had been before I managed to rid myself of the cacophony of mirrors.

Adrienne d'Ortonnaise

[​IMG]

The Character:

• Friendly Friendly x 1