Implemented Reducing Restrictions On Redstone Engineering

Discussion in 'Factions' started by Togal, Jul 26, 2019.

?

Should there be less restrictions on redstone creations?

1. Yes

19 vote(s)
    90.5%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
  1. Togal

Togal Combat Engineer

Untitled.png
    Hopefully a lot of us are familiar with the rules that apply to redstone, no clocks are allowed. Massive already has very good counter measures to prevent people from leaving their clocks on, not allowing them to leave the chunk in order for it to continue, and im also guessing the staff can easily detect who is causing a dip in the TPS.

Now I understand its for the safety of this server and the concern of crashes is valid. However is it possible that punishments can be directed towards machinery that impact TPS. I for one enjoy redstone, its a part of this game which makes minecraft what it is today. So my suggestion is to allow redstone clocks once again, however people need to get their machine approved (if it has a clock) by the staff via ticket system, if they break any rules they should be warned first, any machinery that is built towards intentional harm towards the server's TPS should be result in an immediate perma ban.

If this suggestion is rejected I completely accept it and will no longer pursue building redstone clocks. Than you for listening to me, I am already glad on the direction Massivecraft is heading and I want to say you are doing a fantastic fucking job, loving every bit of commitment here and I'm super excited about the next incoming update.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Immersive Immersive x 1
    • Educated Educated x 1
  2. Morbytogan

Morbytogan King of Desolation, Emperor of the Isolated Empire Supremium

Clocks don't cause too much lag if used properly. Perhaps a regulation that they have to be toggleable would be suitable. Hope this gets through because it would open many new doors for the massivecraft community.

3. Togal

Togal Combat Engineer

totally agreed mate, should only allow stable ones. And as i mentioned before anyone that tries to harm the server tps wise should already get banned anyways.

4. ZiHAMMER

ZiHAMMER Violettee is a transgender

5. Viki_Master2

Viki_Master2 Shade of Lamplight

It should come as no surprise that I agree with Togal. Minecraft has many aspects which make it the amazing game it is today, just as Togal mentioned. Redstone is one such extra dimension, one such integral part of the experience, for some of us at the very least.

Being a coder myself, I apprehend the difficulty Redstone introduces to smooth server performance and why hoppers and clocks are nerfed and prohibited, respectively.

When powering a mere 3 block Redstone wire with a lever 144 block updates take place and what's even worse is the 1700+ block updates upon powering off. Imagine a longer line, or one that is constantly being powered on and off (a clock). One potentially great solution to this problem would be a plugin in likes of PandaWire, a plugin created by md_5, the lead developer maintaining and updating Spigot and BungeeCord.

I realize using custom plugins isn't in the nature of MassiveCraft and that adding a plugin requires a lot more consideration than just dropping it in the plugins folder, but please do consider this. I support Togal in the issue he's brought forth and hope we can change massive for the better.

• Educated x 3
    • Like x 1
    • Constructive x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Informative x 1
  6. Togal

Togal Combat Engineer

Ahahaha holy shit had no idea you knew so much. Reeeee viki mah soup enthusiast!

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. CnocBride

CnocBride Former leader of Enigma.

We are currently considering this internally.

@Togal

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  8. Togal

Togal Combat Engineer

Cheers fam!

9. CnocBride

Okie dokie.

There is a rule update coming as part of the rules update. Essentially, we are allow all machines to be built on the server except ones that are gamebreaking. In such an event, all first offenders will just be told to remove the machine and no punishment will be given out. Of course, you can pre-check machines with us through the ticketing system.

Repeat offenders will be punished, however, but not as harshly as we have in the past - as part of a widespread relaxation of the punishment procedure. So, I say this thread can be marked as implemented since it has essentially achieved what it set out to achieve.

@Togal

10. CnocBride

Rule changes will most likely occur tomorrow, or some time after that!

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  11. grizenator

grizenator Refugee

So auto farms?

12. CnocBride

Machines will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. If we feel they are too gamebreaking, we will ask the player to remove them with no further punishment. So, yes, auto farms but we recommend all players exercise restraint since too much redstone can cause too much lag.

Again, rules will be updated soon!

13. Morbytogan

Morbytogan King of Desolation, Emperor of the Isolated Empire Supremium

@CnocBride Do I tell people of the machine I made that was identified as gamebreaking to ensure others don’t build it? Or do we just not let them know?

14. CnocBride

You don't have to tell them the machine you built was gamebreaking, but it would be helpful to always spread good word. Regardless, for first time offenders the protocol will be the same. We ask for removal and that is all.

15. Togal

Togal Combat Engineer

Hot diggity dawg! Thank you my dude, will make sure to follow the rules on this one! Dang im excited!