Archived Redstone Torch --> Candle

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

justin5191

(insert title here)
Reaction score
Roleplay Guilds
Brute Squad
This is a pretty basic suggestion in that it would just be changing the texture of the redstone torch to that of a candle. What this would do is create a more conducive environment for role play by giving a more realistic form of medieval lighting.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
This is a pretty basic suggestion in that it would just be changing the texture of the redstone torch to that of a candle. What this would do is create a more conducive environment for role play by giving a more realistic form of medieval lighting.
Why not torches? The texture I am currently using (as I wait for Massive) uses candles for torches.

Why not torches? The texture I am currently using (as I wait for Massive) uses candles for torches.
Candle stands if set on the ground, and sconces if on the wall. Redstone torches aren't often used for lighting as they give off a "dimmer" light than torches. If you were making a creepy setting, then yeah, but reg torches would be better.

For a number of reasons. Mainly because torches seem to be an already realistic form of medieval lighting. In addition to this I feel that redstone torches give off an amount of light that is closer to a candle than that of a torch.[DOUBLEPOST=1363922266,1363922194][/DOUBLEPOST]
Candle stands if set on the ground, and sconces if on the wall. Redstone torches aren't often used for lighting as they give off a "dimmer" light than torches. If you were making a creepy setting, then yeah, but reg torches would be better.
To be honest, I think that the amount of light used on MassiveCraft is far too great.

That is true... Redstone or regular, I think it would improve the flavor.

That is true... Redstone or regular, I think it would improve the flavor.
I agree and I have a heap of other suggestions for the texture pack, perhaps I will make another post containing them all.

It would makr my RS circuits look really derpy, but it would be cool in buildings, because their state can be toggled.

I think torches might be able to have their light level configured. I also think it's possible to code a plugin making torches give off light while in your hand.

I think torches might be able to have their light level configured. I also think it's possible to code a plugin making torches give off light while in your hand.
Are you mad?! A dynamic lighting plugin would cause IMMENSE server strain. We don't need more, atleast until sharding is completed -.-

We do not really change blocks to something (more or less completely) else for a reason. When new players come into massive, they want to recognize which items are what. Redstone stays redstone, a pumpkin stays a pumpkin.
What we could do though, is to try a mix between recognisable resdtone torch and a candle. I'll talk to the team and espicially wessex about it.
Our txp is almost ready for proper release, but we must wait for testing with optifine if everything is working properly.

Redstone Candles? Why not Redstone Lamps? Generally Either way works for medieval fun, then again it would have to be dimmed out just a bit like 2x2x2 lighting radius maybi?

Could make it work alike to the custom textures in regalia. I don't know what it came to but I partially remember something about placing two stone slabs together and doing something to them to change their texture being considered. Maybe do this for redstone torches into candles, wouldn't make much sense in this case, but candles would be worth it.

Found it: Double Stone Slab Recipe

Status
Not open for further replies.