Recreating Some Of The Old Kits

Reaction score
The only place uncorrupted by capitalism. Space.
So I've been using the Wayback Machine to look at old abilities, particularly for affilictions and such, usually just for aesthetic inspiration, and I thought it'd be fun to try and convert them into new abilities! Obviously not all abilities and kits can be 1:1 translated, so I have no idea how this will go.

I decided to start with the Zekiel, as I thought their old kit was really cool. For those that don't know, Zekiel are all about books and knowledge, your librarian vampires. They're also liches, which is fun. They ran into a wall lore-wise, so they're aren't a thing anymore.

Preemptively: Be a Vampire or Cahal. The iteration of Zekiel I'm looking at is a vampire bloodline, and some of their old abilities from that are still there today, but Vampire/Cahal Abilities are almost 1:1, which allows for exist-Zekiel.

Blood Collaring: This allows you to attach a magical thorny collar and control people with your commands. This is still a thing with Vampiric/Cahalic Influence, just requires OOC consent now, which is a good thing.

Immortal Aging: Does what it says on the tin. No aging. Again, still exists as part of Vampiric Bloodlust/Cahalic Soul Lust.

Lore of Old: Allows for Book-Telepathy, moving pages around you aesthetically. This can all be done with Arcane Mastery, but it also allows you to use nearby pages to block incoming ranged attacks, which can be used as an aesthetic for Shield Block or Shield Wall, as long as you emote having pages floating around you as your "shield" and keep a hand free. Could also be used for Enchanted Wall, from Greater Mage.

Lore of the Gods: You used to have certain abilities you could only use while in Cahalic/Vampiric/Lich form. These don't exist anymore. Ignore this.

Lich Feeding: Explains that your target is semi-paralyzed while being fed on. While this isn't true anymore, now with Vampiric/Vampiric Feeding your target forgets everything! Pretty much an upgrade.

Lich Body: This does a lot!
-Limits your Body Stat to 5. This does nothing anymore. Just make your character weak, ig.
-All combat-stats are reduced to 5, which was bad in this stat system. This is replicated if you become a Great Mage(Which I strongly recommend for this aesthetic).
-You are unable to eat food and drink, they turn to ash if you do. Not a thing anymore, idk why you would want this.
-You can no longer reproduce, but you can make a shadow-brood. This is basically the Ultimate Soul/Blood-Bond Special that master vampires get, minus the infertility.
-For some reason Zekiel eyes were Icy Blue, despite being void-aligned. Now, you can either be Cahal or Vampire, choose your eye color. Or you could hide it with Vampiric Glamor. If you can't tell, I'm getting tired of writing Vampiric/Cahalic, so I'll just refer to Vampire abilities, and you can make the translations.
-Your teeth are visible at all times. Again, depends on wether or not you keep your glamor up.
-You can see clearly in Ability or Mundane Darkness. I don't think Ability Darkness is a thing anymore, but you can gain night-vision with accursed vision from Curses Point Buy.

Lich Power: Another Big Ability of Sub-Functions.
-You can use mage deflect, which is basically just countering magic projectiles. Take some defensive packs, use them for magic.
-You become immune to helpful and harmful alchemy. Sorta-kinda true with the resilience pack, but now you can still benefit from helpful stuff.
-You become immune to all sorts of cold. Cold Immune from spell point buy or Temperature Expert from Athletics point-buy should do the trick.

Lich Form: Literally just Vampiric Form, but limit it to skeletons. So uh yeah, make a skeletal vampiric form. Go wild.

Lich Mastery: You can gain spells! Most vampires couldn't do this. It also comes with some rules about mages and exist spells and schools that don't mean anything with our current magic system.

Lich Mindward: You become immune to illusions, curses, and mind control. I don't know why you'd want to be immune to illusions, and curses aren't really a thing mechanically anymore. You're immune to mind control now though, through Vampiric Influence. This also allowed you to temporarily shift and change the tattoos and pictures around you to spook some people. Take Accursed Locale from Curses Point Buy, make some spooky things happen.

Lich Spiderweb: This is a bit of a weird one. Allows you to focus on a person, and learn what relation they have to other people you know. As far as I know, there's no way to replicate this, and I don't really know why you'd want to.

Lich Frostwall: Funnily enough, this pretty much became the ice magic pack. You trap someone waist-down in ice, and if they try and break free, they stagger. Unfortunately, the ice magic pack no longer exists, and neither does arcane knockdown(I think that's what it was called). The closest, weirdly, is power struggle from Curses Point Buy, purely because it disarms the user.

Lich Horrorwall: You gain the ability to create an impenetrable wall that stays up for two hours, and can project your consciousness onto it from anywhere. As far as I know, this is another one we can't replicate, and I understand why it was removed. It really doesn't do well for rp, especially since it's annoying to contact world staff and ask them to place a wall for me :3. I don't even know what you'd realistically use it for.

Lich Deathstorm: This one I do kinda miss. You create an emote-distance wide storm of red mist that makes it too loud to talk and super hard to walk around to you. This is kinda-sorta still exists as part of the Tripwire Deploy ability, and you could emote that it's actually magic and loud and super hard to talk around, but you cannot take this as a great mage, which is a shame.

Lich Reachwall: Basically Leap Denial. If someone teleports/jumps/turns into leaves which reform two blocks away to you, you get to see that it's happening before it happens, and stop it, knocking them down instead. Unfortunately, Leap Denial is only available through Mystic Point Buy, so you can't have this and be a vampire.

Lich Faithwall: This makes you immune to Archan(I assume this was dragon worship) faith abilities, which aren't a thing anymore. It also allows you to turn nearby religious iconography void-y, too, which is fun and flavorful and available through Accursed Locale.

Lich Speechwill: Just Altered Voice. That's it. Oh, it also makes you good at singing.

Lich Wordwill: This is another flavor ability I really like. It allows you to touch a book, summon some magic knowledge smoke, and absorb the knowledge within, perfectly remembering the contents of any book you read with this(while infected). I would take Scan Sight and ask the person you're rping with if you can do this with it. I would be fine with it, but for some reason someone might not be, so remember to ask.

That concludes the kit! Boy, vampires used to be JACKED(Not to say the current ones aren't great). Lich were a really cool, flavorful kit, and I'm glad they're still mostly possibly, save for four abilities.