Archived Re-enable Npc Villager Traiding With Per Day Traiding Restrictions

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Reaction score
I have in the course of my time in MassiveCraft created 2 NPC villages (both of which are still alive) and since using them as a xp grinder is ileagal their only current purpose is to provide an atmosphere for role-play.
I have an idea that maybe a plugin could be crated that limits how much you can traid per day regardless of how many villagers are present on the server.
The reason i bring this to light is that you may know that npc villagers can only be bred in post 1.8 by either trading with them or if farmer villagers (the all brown ones) have access to a farm so they can share food with their fellow villagers.

Because of this drastic change in A.I behavior ,endless villager breeding is made impossible in 1.8 and onward and as a result nerfing the trade system is also made impossible.

any plugin that would restrict trading per day would farther safeguard against anyone finding a way to Nerf the post 1.8 trade system.

I would also love to see NPC villagers (and perhaps other mobs) feature in the lore as this would help new players relate the server to vanilla Mincraft. (possibly drawing more players )
This would also make sense since NPC villagers are available as a pet option for premiums (as well as many other mobs) . and could possibly greatly enhance the role-play experience for all players.

Sincerely TheLoneShepherd

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
The main issue is that Emeralds (the main thing used for trading with villagers) are useful for SO much more than just trading in massive. Even with only "x per day" trades, it would cause the current economy (which isn't much already) to further degrade and it would make searching for another valuable resource and commodity useless.

The one problem I have is with exp bottles being tradable. God armor/ weapons could be produced at an insanely fast rate with this enabled.

Look at you guys, you want to oppress the people that actually will replace the old players when they stop playing, the noobs. Firstly If Villager trading was re-enabled and restricted per day there would be no way to Nerf it to get a lot of god gear.
secondly Villagers change their trade often so one moment it could be god gear another it could be rotten flesh etc your getting

Look at you guys, you want to oppress the people that actually will replace the old players when they stop playing, the noobs. Firstly If Villager trading was re-enabled and restricted per day there would be no way to Nerf it to get a lot of god gear.
secondly Villagers change their trade often so one moment it could be god gear another it could be rotten flesh etc your getting
Yes, but with enough time and only a few emeralds, it would be all too easy for a new player to get everything, instead of doing what everyone else had to do and work hard for it. Every experienced player on the server had to start somewhere, and yes, this may make it easier for them, but it would make it extremely easy. Plus, it could be easily exploited with alternate accounts. Personally, I don't like the idea. If you can sell it better and tweak it a little (for which I don't have an idea for the solution) then maybe you may get some support

Each alternate account cost almost 30$ Canadian (i'm not sure what it is in other countries) and as i said in my previous post the trade will be restricted possibly to no more then 1 trade per day per account .
That would make it extremely difficult to accumulate any amount of god gear.
Also Villagers change their trades often so EVEN getting a villager to trade it would be VERY hard.
ALSO Think of the amount of potions that would be needed to cure zombie villagers in post 1.8.
This is because in 1.8 villagers can only be bred by either trading or IF the farmer villagers (those dressed in brown) can gather enough food to freed the whole village.
Putting all this into consideration and it will be IMPOSSIBLE to Nerf the system

People sometimes buy alternate accounts from people who are leaving the server, or are given them as gifts.

If you can only get one trade per day, what would be the benefit of adding this in? One trade wouldn't benefit people nearly as much as being able to sell those emeralds for portal blocks. I'm sorry, but I still don't agree to this. It's not something I think will be implemented, as there are much more pressing things to be implemented, things that will benefit the community as a whole, and personally, I don't think this is one of them, I'm sorry.

Imagine this than. Even if each acount only gets one trade per a day, what's to stop large factions from having each of there members get the trade when they can't? While the idea is good on paper, there's too many things that can go wrong IG.

EVEN if that did happen they could not legally force them to give up the trade items
AND if the faction recruited people just to kill them for the items they would be a thug faction and would be disbanded
SEE I already worked this out

EVEN if that did happen they could not legally force them to give up the trade items
AND if the faction recruited people just to kill them for the items they would be a thug faction and would be disbanded
SEE I already worked this out
We've offered several constructive comments about this. They aren't necessarily what WILL happen, but what COULD happen. If there are too many loopholes in a system (which, here there seems to be) then it cannot be implemented in practice. If it comes down to a question of "would someone do this?" chances are, someone will exploit it.

I'm not sure about you guys, but I feel like this really benefits the people that have Villagers and no one else. Because of your constant spam in general, I am aware you have ONE of TWO of there villages. Basically, you want plugin designed to help you.

Yes, people having ideas for re-implementing things that have been disabled for a while is a good thing because the conditions might have changed. However in this case it could drastically increase the supply of emeralds therefore dropping their price down and creating a sort of inflation similar to the one experienced during the fishing with diamonds.

Perhaps if it was possible to give the villager the item they want, but not get anything in return? This way it would be possible to breed the villagers without hurting the economy.

Think Most if not all the economey servers larger then massivecraft have villager trad enabled.
The ONLY reason people do not have NPC villages is that until the 1.8 update they are completely useless on massivecraft

Looked at some of these posts and I believe I have a few arguments.
Some have said that Emeralds are an important resource and this would change the economy for the worst.
Why not just use something other than emeralds? or make it balanced! Both are possible.
Some have argued that he is working to benefit himself, which I must admit seems true. But it is actually easy for one such as myself to go out and get two zombie villagers and cure both of them. In fact, I did.
and what about limitations and worry about that? Solved by the first answer, balance the trade or use something other than emeralds.

Think Most if not all the economey servers larger then massivecraft have villager trad enabled.
The ONLY reason people do not have NPC villages is that until the 1.8 update they are completely useless on massivecraft
Massive isn't most other servers. It's economy is much more delicate.
Looked at some of these posts and I believe I have a few arguments.
Some have said that Emeralds are an important resource and this would change the economy for the worst.
Why not just use something other than emeralds? or make it balanced! Both are possible.
Some have argued that he is working to benefit himself, which I must admit seems true. But it is actually easy for one such as myself to go out and get two zombie villagers and cure both of them. In fact, I did.
and what about limitations and worry about that? Solved by the first answer, balance the trade or use something other than emeralds.
There aren't really many other items with about the same worth as emeralds. Iron blocks come close, but they already have several uses, and iron can also be farmed. The same goes for gold. Also, turnin zombie villagers takes a long time, even just to get two so you can breed with the present breeding requirements from 1.7. I think there needs to be a way to breed villagers without ruining the economy by enabling trading.

Massive isn't most other servers. It's economy is much more delicate.

There aren't really many other items with about the same worth as emeralds. Iron blocks come close, but they already have several uses, and iron can also be farmed. The same goes for gold. Also, turnin zombie villagers takes a long time, even just to get two so you can breed with the present breeding requirements from 1.7. I think there needs to be a way to breed villagers without ruining the economy by enabling trading.
Use something that can't be farmed.
Also it doesn't have to be the same worth as emeralds. It could have a different quantity
To get two it really only takes about 5 minutes for both of them. Seriously, it is not like it takes an hour or anything.

Use something that can't be farmed.
Also it doesn't have to be the same worth as emeralds. It could have a different quantity
To get two it really only takes about 5 minutes for both of them. Seriously, it is not like it takes an hour or anything.
That's just two though. With 1.8 you'll have to get each villager individually. And using something with a value too far off of an emerald block will mess up the economy, because they are used in creative gates.

That's just two though. With 1.8 you'll have to get each villager individually. And using something with a value too far off of an emerald block will mess up the economy, because they are used in creative gates.
How will it mess up the economy? Aren't you arguing that using emeralds will mess the economy?
I am not up to date on the 1.8 stuff. Could you please explain getting each one "individually"?

How will it mess up the economy? Aren't you arguing that using emeralds will mess the economy?
I am not up to date on the 1.8 stuff. Could you please explain getting each one "individually"?
Not using emeralds in portals or enabling trading will cause the price in emeralds to fluctuate extremely.

In 1.8 you will have to trade with a villager to make that villager "willing" to mate. This means, without an alternate method you will have to cure each villager you want, rather than curing two and haing a near limitless amount of villagers.

Not using emeralds in portals or enabling trading will cause the price in emeralds to fluctuate extremely.

In 1.8 you will have to trade with a villager to make that villager "willing" to mate. This means, without an alternate method you will have to cure each villager you want, rather than curing two and haing a near limitless amount of villagers.
Are you even listening to what I am saying? I said switch out emeralds or balance it. Use something with a close value.
Or you could just trade with them. You know, actually trading to get better trades.

Are you even listening to what I am saying? I said switch out emeralds or balance it. Use something with a close value.
Or you could just trade with them. You know, actually trading to get better trades.
Yes, I'm listening well. I understand you want something with a similar value, but there aren't really any blocks with a similar value, that can't be farmed in some way. And when you can farm something it means constant deflation in the price, until it is worthless, and you can have all the creative gates you want. Also, if you don't use emeralds they become almost worthless, so some people suddenly have stacks of useless blocks, and could potentially lose hundreds or thousands of regals.

Finally, something I forgot to mention earlier is that if the block used to make portals is changed, hundreds to thousands of portals would be lost, and would have to be recreated.

Yes, I'm listening well. I understand you want something with a similar value, but there aren't really any blocks with a similar value, that can't be farmed in some way. And when you can farm something it means constant deflation in the price, until it is worthless, and you can have all the creative gates you want. Also, if you don't use emeralds they become almost worthless, so some people suddenly have stacks of useless blocks, and could potentially lose hundreds or thousands of regals.

Finally, something I forgot to mention earlier is that if the block used to make portals is changed, hundreds to thousands of portals would be lost, and would have to be recreated.
So your saying by not using the emeralds, they become worthless, and by using them, they become worthless? Emeralds aren't in trade, so by not using them their price stays the same. I haven't even spoken of removing them from creative gates. When have I said that? You are totally going off topic! I have not said anything about gates! I'm only talking about the trading!
Listening well? Have you been listening at all?

So your saying by not using the emeralds, they become worthless, and by using them, they become worthless? Emeralds aren't in trade, so by not using them their price stays the same. I haven't even spoken of removing them from creative gates. When have I said that? You are totally going off topic! I have not said anything about gates! I'm only talking about the trading!
Listening well? Have you been listening at all?
...Right...

If you restricted the items that villagers would want to trade for and what you would receive, it could be cool.
For example, make lore items that you could get or just basic materials like wood or something, definitely not anything OP, though I think most Vanilla villager trades are not very OP at all anyways.

Actually, if you made it only so you give the emeralds, not receive them from the trades, it could be made ok I guess. It could make the prices go up somewhat, just making sure there are no exploits with it and it could actually be alright

Yeah we really need to mention those ideas to staff and maybe we could ALL win with a balanced trade system unique to massivecraft that would be COOL.
Maybe we could increase the resources needed to get 1 emerald from a villager so that would fix the price fluctuation problem cause my effectively spawning emeralds into the game

we need a custom plugin to be able to control villager trade that would fix ALL trade problems