Archived Re-enable Massivecraft War Declarations But As An Optional Feature.

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.

Traxex20

Da'i d-Du'at
Reaction score
Faction
Raptum
As you all know MassiveCraft war declarations has been removed due to players complaining about having to create one just to PVP other factions, we suggest MassiveCraft Staff re-enable it but as an optionial feature.

To new players:
What is a war declaration?

A war declaration was a system devised by MassiveCraft to control over-raiding of Factions. Players were only able to fight other factions continuously if they had an Approved War Declaration. Winning a war would then grant the winning faction a war trophy and tribute of either regals or items from the surrendering faction.

An example of a War Trophy between an old winning Faction "Raptum" and an old surrendering Faction "Shizidao" for their war.

A link to the MassiveCraft rules for war declarations
https://www.massivecraft.com/new-war-declaration-and-tribute-rules

Re-enable war declarations but only as an optional feature.

One must not write a war declaration to fight another faction but just to notify the community that the faction is going to war with another. still however ensuring that the faction will gain their war trophy and tributes if they have succeeded in the war.

Pros of re-enabling MassiveCraft War Declarations

+ Players will strive for achievement. meaning they will be motivated to fight for there is greater reward other than the weapons, some items and the possibility of gaining a player's head. additionally the victory status of their factions on the forums.

+ Players will be able to see if other factions are fighting with each other, notifying them that there is a war going on.

Cons of Re-enabling MassiveCraft War Declarations

- Staff must dedicate a period of their time to approve/deny war declarations also conclude the wars, set it as either Victory or Defeat, and overlook the whole process. Players must then wait patiently (between 1 - 2 days)

- Surrendering factions will have to cope with their defeat on the forums. (indeed something demoralizing but the greatest courage on earth is to bear defeat without losing heart! do not think a single defeat is a final defeat!)

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I just want war tokens back. Was a lot more motivation when I had something tangible and unique for a final reward.

I agree 100%! Anything that merges the RP/Lore side with the PvP side I can agree with.
This is a way that means the PvPers don't have to engage in full lore compliant RP but it still adds a bit of harmless flavour to things, which makes it all feel a whole lot more authentic and brings the server together!
With the added bonus of getting factions more invested in their current name, ideologies and ongoing wars.

I personally miss the older way wars were conducted. I remember the days when faction leaders would write up really interesting war declaration posts and everyone else would chime in with their response to the action. It made for some memorable wars that forever live on the server forums.

The system above was a huge step forward with the addition of war tokens but it does take a lot of time to manage. I hope at the very least that war tokens can come back. It is really cool to collect these and display them.

Yeah, agreed war decs should come back.

To expand on the above post, this will help enrich the overall PvP environment while also giving more incentives to raid than merely for loot - you also get trophies that cannot be replicated by a player. Since this requires Roleplay aspects it may also generate sympathy & respect for roleplayers, while also allowing them some insight into PvPers.

Personally, I'm not a PvPer. But, I loved reading the decs, I loved reading 5-page player written books about the wars, I loved the totally destroyed bases. I thought it was pretty cool,

We've concluded during the last meeting that it can come back as an optional system, but the specifics of it need to be hammered out. I will try using the PVP think tank for that purpose soon.