Pending Review Re-add Thunderstorms

Discussion in 'Factions' started by TheLoneShepherd, Mar 19, 2019.

?

Do you want thunderstorms re-added to MassiveCraft

1. Yes

80.0%
  2. No

20.0%
  1. TheLoneShepherd

TheLoneShepherd

Dear Staff:
    Can you please consider re-adding thunderstorms to improve PvP?

A player wearing god gear is normally able to easily survive getting struck by lightning

Thunderstorms added a great amount of realism to the server and also briefly gave attacking factions an advantage by allowing raiders to kill players in factions without causing alarm because the normal death lightning was not obvious in a thunderstorm.

Thunderstorms also allowed mobs to spawn during the day while also making travel more risky which enhanced the server's immersion into the world of Aloria

Skeleton traps are also fun =D

2. FireFan96

FireFan96 Ever present, Ever seeing Staff Member Lore2

I thought I saw lightning one time recently. As for skeleton traps, I think there's a problem with mob spawns in general. I remember a few skeleton trap encounters, and have killed several skeleton horses up on my roof acting like it's Christmas.

I'm all for the suggestion, but I think it already exists. Maybe up the frequency of lightning and skeleton traps?

3. Jalapeno690

Jalapeno690 Doge of Helvetica

Hmmmm I could swear lightning storms already exist

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. SirePyro

SirePyro The Definition of Insanity

Disagree. Raiders have all the advantage they need with the element of surprise, it also wouldn't add much advantage there, if any. Even if there's a slight delay before the killed member can say something in faction chat, the other members will still see a death message. This would make a negligible difference in that regard and would just cause undue lag for some players, IMO.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. 65jes89

65jes89 Leader of SunKiss

/pweather

• Powerful Powerful x 1