Archived Raising Faction Cost - Poll

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Savantly

CEO
Reaction score
Faction
Shop
Factions is the core of massivecraft. So with the commotion on the forums, and ingame concerning the topic of raising the the cost to create a faction or keep it where it is. We need to cross analyze the benefits and downsides to raising the cost. We'll use the number of 2000 regals to start a faction as an example. So with that in mind, lets debate some of the veiwpoints on the topic.

First argument : Taking time to create a faction is good.

- For the Motion
The server of Massivecraft has rules and guidelines that players should properly be situated with. So by raising the price to create a faction, players will have more time to adequately situate themselves with the server build identity, rules and mechanics. Massivecraft has over 18 unique pluggins, Each have atleast a dozen commands that you can use to navigate the pluggin. Giving players that extra week or month will allow for a new faction leader to properly organize his/her faction structure and permissions, which in turn will make the management easier. Crushing potential risk of theft, toxic relations and letting the potential faction leader to have more time to know the community. In the end, we want dedicated players to own factions. So by making them take more time, only dedicated faction leaders will be the ones to create factions.

-Against the Motion
Forcing players to wait to make their faction is unreasonable, it takes a ton of time to get 2000 regals, thats 20 days of going to Pius in regalia. Players should be able to make a faction at their own leisure, and not have to wait the better half of a month. Afterall the rules are pretty simple, anyone with some commonsense should know what to do and what not to do. Players dont need time to get situated with server commands, its fine to learn as you go along. Everyone should be able to create and enjoy the server with their friends the instant they join the faction.

Second Arguement : Payment of 2000 regals is feasible

- For the Motion
The average active player has a little over 2600 regals on their account. If the average player can buy a faction at this cost, then a newerplayer should be able to get the money pretty quick. Epecially with the regal npc in regalia, players can get 100 regals for free every 20 hours. Not to mention that enchanting is undeniably easier, which will allow players to make and sell god armor easier to fund their faction cost. An hour of darkrooming gets you around 100 regals. There are plenty of ways for people to raise money, and shows determination, which is a good trait for a future faction owner to have.

- Against the Motion
For alot of players, money is going into buying lore items, pvp gear or owning regalian realestate. Increasing the faction cost takes away from buying things we need ingame like building materials, labour for mining, and personal skins. Also, most roleplayers dont have any desire to darkroom or make god armor and sell it. So why should we force them to do so, just so they can have a faction that probably last long enough to make a name for itself.

Third Argument : Less factions is great

- For the Motion
At the time of this posting there are 599 player owned factions on the server and 6 worlds that you can claim in. That means that there is 100 factions for each world. Many factions have multiple claims. It is easy for the wave of newb factions to drown any possibility for new factions to find a claim in a reasonable area to build. We should raise the price, because I'd rather take time to get a faction knowing i'll have the freedom to claim wherever I want than being able to instantly get a faction and have no where to claim.

- Against the motion
As of August there were 9000 reocurring unique players, with almost 600 factions. That means there is about 15 players to the faction. Too many factions? Each player should be allowed to own their own faction, and currently there are about 15 players to a faction. That's hardly overwhelming. I also like having more factions on the server, because that means being able to have more allies and get to see more unique builds/Faction styles.

Consideration
I feel like I did my best to argue points on both sides, please take both sides into consideration when voting on the poll. I know that there are more facest to the issue than I represented and possibly better evidence for said arguements, but please leave some feedback on what you think about the topic of raising faction prices.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I wish you the best of luck but monmarty has shut down this idea on two threads already. I personally like the cost as it forces people to work for it, as most servers have no cost to create factions. I voted though.

This reminds me of the time when I first joined MassiveCraft. With such a high cost it forced me to join an established faction and learn the ropes with the help of my friends. I felt excited when I had just enough to start my own faction and it was all up from there. Like saving for your first car and have enough to buy it lol. I would like this to be a thing again.

I am going to close this for now as, at the time the factions price was slightly increased. There are newer threads now which are more up-to-date addressing faction pricing.

Status
Not open for further replies.