Archived Raiding

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hansington

Magos Errant
Reaction score
So im sure all of you know that raiding is more or less the stealing of one property usually through killing them and the looting their chests. Now, as i play the server i get that familiar itch to go raiding and pillaging, but you see, this is not possible due to the inability to over claim and those dead bolts. Now many of you may see this as a good thing, keep your items safe and what not. But whats the point in declaring war and expanding territory if your only going to run into the road block of another faction in the way? This basically says to the player, oh you can expand...but only if you play nice with the neighbors. So i would have to say turn on over claiming or something like that to compensate. And plus, if this is a rp server and the rp is somewhat dark age or somewhat in that time frame then a lot of killing, raiding, and looting went on.

P.S. Sorry about not putting the suggestion prefix....im new so i didnt exactly know how.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Well... I say to deadbolting... (and I realize this isn't in anyone's power here) there should be a lock picking skill of some kind added to MCMMO/W.e plugin adds the deadbolts.

Not sure how it'd work, but it's my thought on that.

Well... I say to deadbolting... (and I realize this isn't in anyone's power here) there should be a lock picking skill of some kind added to MCMMO/W.e plugin adds the deadbolts.

Not sure how it'd work, but it's my thought on that.
There's already an add-on plugin for that :P
On a happier note, there's a prefix button. Seriously. Use it. Not doing so will just get your thread locked/deleted.

I'd say that the server is good as is, because on other servers where Factions depend on the player Power levels (Power levels go down if killed or offline, and up for time spent online), nothing truly worthwhile can be built. There is a lot of PvP, but that's pretty much all you can have if you're always worrying about things getting stolen or buildings getting griefed.

the problem with being able to bust deadbolts would be if the owner is offline, or is away from home. They would have no chance to stop the thief and hiding the chest wont stop an x-rayer.
the only way I can think of it working is if the deadlocks and chest shop protection weakened after so long of the chest not being used, allowing it to be possible to open it. This would make things like a players diamond chest protected but anything they leave out in the wilderness and forget about loot-able.

So im sure all of you know that raiding is more or less the stealing of one property usually through killing them and the looting their chests. Now, as i play the server i get that familiar itch to go raiding and pillaging, but you see, this is not possible due to the inability to over claim and those dead bolts. Now many of you may see this as a good thing, keep your items safe and what not. But whats the point in declaring war and expanding territory if your only going to run into the road block of another faction in the way? This basically says tfo the player, oh you can expand...but only if you play nice with the neighbors. So i would have to say turn on over claiming or something like that to compensate. And plus, if this is a rp server and the rp is somewhat dark age or somewhat in that time frame then a lot of killing, raiding, and looting went on.

P.S. Sorry about not putting the suggestion prefix....im new so i didnt exactly know how.
This, Ladies and Gentlemen, is why we can't have nice things.
the problem with being able to bust deadbolts would be if the owner is offline, or is away from home. They would have no chance to stop the thief and hiding the chest wont stop an x-rayer.
the only way I can think of it working is if the deadlocks and chest shop protection weakened after so long of the chest not being used, allowing it to be possible to open it. This would make things like a players diamond chest protected but anything they leave out in the wilderness and forget about loot-able.
[DOUBLEPOST=1356159924][/DOUBLEPOST]Too much server strain, unfortunately :P

I personally like this idea... instead of deadbolts unlocking after 20 days of player inactivity, have them unlock after 20 days or chest inactivity.

As for the OPs idea... no. Besides the fact that I don't lock my chests anyway in my territory, I hate it. If I came online and found all my chests looted by some dick with high lockpicking, I would probably dump the server and find some new place to play.

i dissaprove of this thread raiding should be for items not for land, the result of this would be mass noob griefs

I personally like this idea... instead of deadbolts unlocking after 20 days of player inactivity, have them unlock after 20 days or chest inactivity.

As for the OPs idea... no. Besides the fact that I don't lock my chests anyway in my territory, I hate it. If I came online and found all my chests looted by some dick with high lockpicking, I would probably dump the server and find some new place to play.

2nd part... Spot on. Absolutely would be gone.

1st part. I like the idea initially, but I have mass quantities of building supplies and other materials that I have protected for later use. I sometimes won't touch these chests for weeks. If I came back randomly to my chest room, and suddenly 3 of my chests filled with logs were gone.. I'd be very upset, as it'd be about 600 silver.

Let us remember there is a fine line between pvp servers, and grief-their-base-or-steal-everything-while-they're-offline-servers. Lets try not to cross that line

I played on this server back when they allowed war claiming, it was not fun. and now with 150 players on at all times, there is no way the staff can keep everyone playing fair, and only looting/stealing, and not griefing.

We want to make war fun in the future with CTF/capture the outpost ideas, but we cannot materialize these at this stage.

We will not consider turning warclaiming back on, this invites too much drama.

On a side note. Maybe have a plugin that allows you to kick/break down claimed wooden doors. Maybe attack it with an axe, and it will disappear, and reappear after 10-15 minutes, like with cannons. Maybe for RP reasons have it work for Wooden doors only. It might be a bit OP if people can just knock down doors, so maybe have a 80-90% chance of failure, and the door damaging you, and each attempt takes a large chunk of durability from the axe. so by the time you manage to break it down, you're weakened.

I like the idea of knocking down doors, too often do I see a raid fail because people cannot breach a door.

Will ask cayorion about the possibilities.

come to think of it, there could be a list of materials you can break in enemy factions that will respawn after a set ammount of time, and take damage each time you break them. Materials such as glass(maybe even break it with an arrow), wooden doors, wooden fences. in my opinion, RP wise none of these things should stop a raider. and people still have the alternative to use Iron bars, Iron doors, and netherbrick fences/stone walls. sometimes you must sacrifice looks for functionality

I completely agree with Chris, some items (RP wise) should be able to be broken down temporarily for a raid. I would love this to be implemented, please check the possibilities.

+1 to some items being broken down. Wood doors, glass windows, wood fence (iffy, people use it for gates, which can't be broken down that easily), and perhaps crops (RP wise, raiders would always destroy cropland).

Last time I saw overclaim/war claim was my claim north of spawn and I bitched for 2 hours about it because of all the silk picks and stuff I had lost in the process. :')

+1 to some items being broken down. Wood doors, glass windows, wood fence (iffy, people use it for gates, which can't be broken down that easily), and perhaps crops (RP wise, raiders would always destroy cropland).

Burnable crops!! Get out your torch and right-click the crops and poof!! While on the subject of trying to keep things in the RP element; What about torches that show light while in-hand?

Burnable crops!! Get out your torch and right-click the crops and poof!! While on the subject of trying to keep things in the RP element; What about torches that show light while in-hand?
The torch thing would be really laggy, although cool. If it were to be smooth it'd have to be a client side mod. Burning crops sounds awesome though, it's hard enough to do due to consuming the flint and steel, and a good way for raiders to.. entertain themselves while their victims hide behind locked doors.

The torch thing would be really laggy, although cool. If it were to be smooth it'd have to be a client side mod. Burning crops sounds awesome though, it's hard enough to do due to consuming the flint and steel, and a good way for raiders to.. entertain themselves while their victims hide behind locked doors.
I love this idea, ATM jumping on crops counts as breaking a block and I've gotten killed by chasing someone througgh a huge field because of the "Ouch, that is starting to hurt" thing... It was pretty ridiculous :D

Remember, we're getting Sharding soon ;)[DOUBLEPOST=1356385496][/DOUBLEPOST]eventually, not soon (I hope it's soon)

Crop circles could be fun too ...

To reply to the initial post, war claiming was allowed some time ago, and was removed for a reason. It was heavily abused, and no one (except the one doing it) liked it.

I got my whole base first sieged and then overclaimed, and nothing good really came out of it. My faction just did the same a couple of times, and it created lots of drama.

I definitely think this is a bad idea, based on the previous experiences we've had here on Massivecraft. (Farmlands, RisingSun, Dranah, Vrykolakas just to name a few)

So im sure all of you know that raiding is more or less the stealing of one property usually through killing them and the looting their chests. Now, as i play the server i get that familiar itch to go raiding and pillaging, but you see, this is not possible due to the inability to over claim and those dead bolts. Now many of you may see this as a good thing, keep your items safe and what not. But whats the point in declaring war and expanding territory if your only going to run into the road block of another faction in the way? This basically says to the player, oh you can expand...but only if you play nice with the neighbors. So i would have to say turn on over claiming or something like that to compensate. And plus, if this is a rp server and the rp is somewhat dark age or somewhat in that time frame then a lot of killing, raiding, and looting went on.

this would be bad, there are alot of high stat players who would dominate the server with no problems, this would make the server no longer fun because everyone would be ruled over by these people. there would be no chance at all to defeat them.

Status
Not open for further replies.