Approved Sheet Raeran

Discussion in 'Character Applications' started by HuskyLeader, Jul 23, 2019.

1. HuskyLeader

HuskyLeader D-Dwagon Warden..? Supremium

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    • Full Name
      • Current Name: Raeran
        • First Name: Aldwin Grathar
        • Second Name: Raeran Flarewing
        • Third Name: Deknera Krezrozieth
    • Sex
      • Male
    • Race
      • Kathar~ Shenathar (Previously Avanthar) (Once Apostle Manathar) (Original Kathar of Shenathar)
    • Preferred Weapon
      • Chain Whips, Bare Fists, and Magic
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    • Proficiency (50 points total, 50 spent)
      • +10 War Lash Combat (+10 from Point Pool)
      • +10 Unarmed Combat (+10 from Point Pool)
      • +21 Sorcery (+21 from Point Pool)
      • +5 Strength Training (+5 from Point Pool)
      • +3 Roguery (+3 from Point Pool)
      • +5 Hunting Art (+5 from Hobby Points)
      • +1 Holiculture Art (+1 from Hobby Points)
      • +1 Cooking Art (+1 from Point Pool)
      • +2 Wooden Art (+2 from Hobby Bonus)
      • +2 Dancing Art (+2 from Hobby Bonus)
    • Abilities
      • Kathar Abilities
        • Kathar Bind 1
        • Kathar Bind 2
        • Arken Sense 1
        • Arcane Mastery 1
        • Empathy Sense 1
        • Emotion Sense 1
      • Shenathar Abilities
        • Body Claw 1
        • Power Curse 2
      • Strength Abilities
        • Great Force I - Raeran is capable of holding up a falling object anywhere within seven blocks of himself long enough for other people to escape from under it as well as himself after.
      • Roguery
        • Rogues Gift 4 - Raeran's steps are unheard by the untrained ear, all weapons on his person are silent whilst in stealth and he can open doors and other things silently.
      • Sorcery Spells (Void Sorcerer)
        • Aesthetic Sorcery
          • Magic Sight 1 - Raeran's eyes can light up at any time, causing him to become immune to darkness as well as anything that would inhibit his vision once active.
          • Element Control 4 - Raeran's hands become immune to slashing and piercing damage, additionally when holding onto a weapon for half a minute he can degrade its strength to make the damage it deals halved.
        • Enchantment Sorcery
          • Element Brand 3 - Raeran can place an enchantment upon his weapons that cause them to heat up, white-hot, and cause more damage in the way of burning a target upon a hit.
        • Combat Sorcery
          • Magic Bolt 1 - Raeran is able to shoot an orb of fire and flames out from his palm toward someone once every thirty seconds, hitting if rolling above a five, and doing the damage of about a sword slash. If used against another magic bolt, a duel occurs between the two casters.
          • Power Curse 3 - Raeran can target the limb of one person and for thirty seconds constrain it and make it utterly useless. This can only be used once an hour.
          • Super Self 2 - Raeran's legs fade off into a dark and fiery mass of smog, freeing him of any trapping, rooting, or snaring abilities he is under. This can be used instantly in return for one of the above effects being applied to him.
        • Support Sorcery
          • Light Mend 1 - Raeran can heal two wounds a day that were either inflicted upon himself or another as long as he is within range. This will also heal wounds that were caused due to a previous wound.
    • Body Build
      • Muscularity: Muscular Body Shape
        • (+10x1) War Lash Combat + (+10x1) Unarmed Combat + (+2x1/2) Dancing Art + (+2x1/2) Wooden Art + (+5x1) Strength Training + = 27 Max Cap: 25
        • Fat Mass: Average Body Fat
    • Languages
      • Common (Mother + Father)
      • Kathar Altalar (Mother + Father)
      • Wyld Altalar (Mother + Father)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    • Eye Color
      • Forrest Green
    • Hair Color
      • Bone white to a light grey
    • Hair Style
      • Short Hair
    • Clothing
      • A little more fancy clothing nowadays
    • Height
      • 6’6”
    • Tattoos
      • Tribal tattoos all over his torso. Tattoo of a large great axe on his chest. More specifically, tattoos mainly were curving lines that ended in a point. More interesting however he has a few tattoos that don't go with his tribalistic design, there are chains over his wrists that have been shattered, a tattoo of a snowflake that was split in two. A beautiful flower, surrounded by flames that tried to engulf it but couldn't touch it. And also a tattoo of an emotion mask used in a theater production that was with a tear coming from its eye. A recent addition being a collar akin to what the Arcanum use for aberrant identification, broken in two.
    • Mutations
      • Void Mutations
        • Void Mark - Deknera has a tattoo of his choice weapons (Being a large great axe) that glow when he wields his weapons.
        • Void Horns - Raeran has produced horns upon his head.
        • Void Beast - Raeran now has a tail.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    • How would your character respond to experiencing Fear?
      • Rearan would try to eliminate this fear; however, while in the process of showing what he is afraid of that it cannot control him. Say it's a person to show that person he isn't afraid while he tries to end them.
    • How would your character respond to experiencing Stress?
      • He would drown it with self-pleasure for himself and just try to forget it. Either that of drink till he can remember or he would just do something to get his mind off of the stress.
    • How would your character express feeling Happy?
      • He shows happiness with a smile and kinder actions. Perhaps more of a kinder nature for a Kathar, if not that he would just do other things that would make him even happier.
    • How does your character view Law and Authorities?
      • As a Kathar he fucking despises them for what they do to his race and it truly just makes him want to stop being a Kathar at that point.
    • How does your character feel about Races other than their own?
      • He doesn’t care much. He isn’t racist, but he holds grudges again Sihndar for their actions and how they misuse the powers of the void.
    • How does your character feel about Religion for themselves and other faiths?
      • Raeran has seen a new light and is enlightened by his newfound religion. He keeps to it and feels he takes on the aspects of not being controlled by another, he lives that through and wishes to live that way till his end. Raeran cares less for other religions, finding them filled with plot holes and with loopholes that the Exist and Void used to taint the believers.
    • How does your character feel about the Arcane and Magical in the world?
      • He likes to bend the void to his will a tiny bit. He isn’t much of a void priest of any kind but learned of the powers young and likes to use them for his own personal gain.
    • How does your character feel towards their family?
      • Rearan despises them. He loved them once and now hates them. Wished they would suffer in the void for what they did.
    • What is your character's biggest insecurity?
      • Rearan doesn’t have many. He doesn’t really have much of a self-opinion so he doesn’t care if others don’t like something about him.
    • What is your character the most proud of about themselves?
      • He is proud that he has learned much of the void and how strong he has become. He is proud of the choices he has made and how he will be better.
    • What motivates your character to move forward and better their life?
      • The thought that perhaps he could either escape the terrible treatment that the Kathar holds. That he may be free to do as he wishes and that he may become more powerful.
    • What is your character's biggest fear?
      • Rearan fears he won't be strong enough. That one day he will die to guards to Sihndar because he wasn't allowed to learn enough.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    • Rearan was born into a family where he was the youngest. He never spoke much nor made much noise as a kid. He was always so silent, times his parents thought he was dead from how quiet he was. Rearan took to learning how Katharic sorcery worked learning about the void and what he can do with the powers given to him as a birthright. His parents were impressed by how well he took to the sorcery and how sneaky he had become at such a young age. They admired how he never talked back and did as he was told for most of his life. He followed every order to a ‘T’ and finished everything to the best of his ability. He learned quickly, how to break systems and make them easier for himself but still doing right by the rules set upon himself. He made little friends as he never spoke to others and he just wrote to communicate at a young age. He talked very little but could still speak however he played mute and learned how to read and write quickly.
    • Later on, in his years he took a liking to axe, the power, and force behind them made his job easier. Whether it be hitting a dummy or breaking logs he found the axe of great use. Rearan would become a great fighter showing his parents that he was superior to his sibling in combat. He quickly became the favored child though did not hold his position with arrogance, he was humble and was always ready to help his older sibling improve and pick out key points where they lacked. He would study in his sorcery further getting to the point where he was surpassed his brothers and sisters and learned more than themselves. He kept studying and working and improving his skills and taking time to grow both physically and mentally as at this point his outlook on most things in the world changes and he starts thinking a little bit more for himself instead of being a machine designed for a certain purpose.
    • Getting to Rearan’s later years he has found himself tracking more finding clues and little bits of information to lead him to his next target. Rearan grew up to be a hunter of men and did so under his parent's orders only going as far as they wanted. Rearan wanted to do more and more as he grew older but his parents wouldn't allow that. He wanted to learn more but his parents stopped his progress. They didn't want him to become stronger for some strange reason and he did not like that. He still did as they said for months till he had enough. He wanted more he craved more power that his parents wouldn't allow him to obtain. So he left. He left his home in the night taking his items and some of his family's so he could make his way to a place where Kathars were a menace and were strong, where he could become stronger and finally show his parents what he could do. Once in Regalia he heard of the Manathar, he learned of what they could do. The power they had and what they thought of the world. He wished to join their ideology, what they truly thought. He wished to rid himself of his past, the Kathar way, and become new, become stronger.
    • Raeran now in his new form has found his mind, less clouded and tainted by his old ways of Kathar worship. He sees the light and finds that his new religion... no. Way of life is more suited to his personality, he has grown accustomed to the freedom of the Manathar and likes what he has been able to do thus far. There is always this want and need in his heart though, to better himself and to change more and more. To leave his past behind him and to look to a new future, a future that would lead him to his mental and physical freedom.
    • After being found ill-worthy of being a Manathar any longer, Raeran had a choice to make... Do as he said to the Mentor, that he'd rather die a Manathar than be anything else, or make a new life. A new story. He mulled over the options for a while until he made his choice. He, once again, leave his old life behind. Make a new life and forget about the last. Leaving the people he met, that helped him and perhaps even cared for him behind.
    • Raeran became an Avanthar for a time, he was a House Guard to the Latimers but found no purpose in life, he left Regalian civilization for a time and just hunted in the wildlands for a time before coming back and something just clicked in his mind. He wanted to live and have a longer lifespan than that of the Avanthar, so with the help of the Kathar of the Undercroft he underwent Dread Rebirth and became a Kathar once more. Another life for him to live, hopefully, better than the last.

• Winner Winner x 3
    #1 HuskyLeader, Jul 23, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2021
  2. Yigit

Yigit Kingslayer Staff Member World1
    1. -=[❂]=- The Mithril Clique -=[❂]=-

Claimed for review.

3. Yigit

@HuskyLeader Here is your review.
    • Expand on every personality question by one or two sentences where it is fit. As of current it lacks in detail to actually fleshen out the character as an individual.
    • Your life story implies that the Kathar is good in nature. I should remind that all Kathar are unmistakably evil, and it is lore-breaking to play a Kathar character who does not wish to indulge in such evilness as they are void-tainted from birth which makes them undisputably leaning towards immorality. Touch up a light on your life story to ensure that he fits to this mold.
    Make the changes in red and tag me when you're done.

4. HuskyLeader

@Yigit I have made the changes and have colored them red. I would have liked Rearan to have a kinder nature but if you thing that is impossible that's fine. Also if you have any tips on how to make the life story more in the likes of the Kathars evil please tell me as I would like the help.

5. Yigit

6. HuskyLeader

@Yigit I have made some changes as Raeran has changed if you could look them over for me to make sure I did everything correctly, I would be thankful!

7. Yigit

Reapproved, but include one or two sentences in life story on how and why Raeran chose to become a Manathar

8. HuskyLeader

9. HydraLana

HydraLana The Very Gay Walking Talking Lore Encyclopedia Staff Member Lore3

Please tag your reviewer in the future whenever you make any edits to a character application, especially in this case with the Proficiency Update. For now, tagging your reviewer, @Yigit

10. PapidaCarrot

PapidaCarrot You betcha

11. PapidaCarrot

PapidaCarrot You betcha

Please make the following edits:
    • Recalculate your points. They're currently adding over 60 as they stand.
    • Expand on the ascension aspect and Raerans new position in terms of religion as a character in the life story section and personality (under the religion question). Go into depth and detail on Xenophane and how Raeran interprets it. A sentence or two to each section should be applicable.
    Tag me once you've made the following edits in a color of your choosing.

12. HuskyLeader

@PapidaCarrot Hiya! I've made the changes and have marked the new Xenophane parts in yellow. Also if the proficiency points don't do up to 65 then please do tell me and I will fix my points up ASAP! :)

13. PapidaCarrot

PapidaCarrot You betcha

14. HuskyLeader

@PapidaCarrot Hey. I've made changes to Raeran due to the new update with the Physical stats. Moved some points around and it was under ten points. So if you could take a look at this. It would be appreciated.

15. HuskyLeader

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  16. HuskyLeader

@Staff Roleplay Heya, so now both of my reviewers of this have both stopped being staff. So I need another staff member to review the new points I've done... Switched Hunting Knowledge for Stealth Rogue. I also got rid of Atheltic and put it into Hunting Knowledge, AND I switched Dancing Arts to Carpentry

17. Katiesc

Katiesc the rubberband man. Premium

Picking this up for staff review.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  18. HuskyLeader

@Katiesc Changed Deknera due to the new Avanthar update

19. Katiesc

This one got away from me, but Approved.

20. HuskyLeader

@Katiesc Changed profs to be correct with the update. Please tell me if I missed anything.
    (Will be adding descriptions to the Ritualism later)

21. Katiesc

Approved.

22. HuskyLeader

@Katiesc Mades changes due to Deknera going through Dread Rebirth

23. HuskyLeader

@Katiesc Changed the app, got rid of staves, and changed it to Axes and unarmed because... I just don't use it

24. HuskyLeader

@Staff Roleplay Heya!! Need a new reviewer. Just changed due to the new Kathar update also changed five points from axes to unarmed instead. If someone could do me a favor and pick this up that would be lovely! :D

25. HuskyLeader

26. Eronoc

Eronoc Fantasy Horselord Staff Member Roleplay Staff

Claimed for Aspirant Review.

27. Eronoc

I don't quite understand the (Previously Avanthar) statement about his race, in context of his life story, as there is no mention of a Dread Rebirth. It seems that it happened IC, but I am confused as to the context of his upbringing as it sounds very Kathar-oriented. Some clarification on this would be appreciated.
    Also, it may be intentional which is totally fine, but I wanted to let you know that you're currently not using 5 Talent Points, and could allocate them if you'd like.

28. HuskyLeader

@Eronoc Added 5 bodycare with the Talent Points and added a small bit of story to the end of his Life story in red to show the Dread Rebirth :D

29. Eronoc

Approved!

30. HuskyLeader

@Eronoc Made major changes to Rae's points with the new Ritualism Change, trying new things with larger weapons, metallurgy, got rid of bola combat, lowered combat points, and went to full-on Sorcery due to Ritualism being changed. Do tell me if you see anything amiss and I will be sure to fix it.

31. HuskyLeader

@Eronoc Fixed points and changed them as of the new update

32. Eronoc

Approved.

33. HuskyLeader

@Eronoc Heya! Made majoy changes to Raeran. Mainly sorcery and change of his weapon. Warlash and change of two sorcery spells and addition of two more. Also used up all my points to my knowledge.

34. Eronoc

@HuskyLeader Hello! Currently, you've invested 3 too many points. Please fix this and tag me when you're done.

35. HuskyLeader

@Eronoc Thanks! Fixed. (Def can't count I swear)

36. Eronoc

All good! Approved.

37. HuskyLeader

@Eronoc Updated Rae to the new update and also changed his subrace due to not liking the new Bakrathar in the slightest. Please tell me if I am unable to do such, I just kind of assumed I could. Sorry

38. HydraLana

HydraLana The Very Gay Walking Talking Lore Encyclopedia Staff Member Lore3

I'm sorry you chose to no longer play the Bakrathar. Regardless, application Approved.