Archived Racial Drops

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mecharic

I'm tempermental, deal with it.
Reaction score
Faction
Al'Darub
Roleplay Guilds
Emerald Alliance
In the recently posted thread about the new bird race the following thought popped into my mind: will these entities drop feathers upon death? That lead to this thread.

Here's the idea: Depending on race people could, regardless of premium or non, or even having a full inventory, drop a few items unique to the race. They would have a 10% chance of dropping 1-3 of the items that race can drop. It would add a fun little aspect to roleplay and put in a legitimate "loot the filth!" take on PvP. This could even be affected by powerlevel - the stronger you are the more/better the items dropped.

Human: Wheat/Wood/Wool

Elf: Arrows/Bows/String

Dwarf: Stone/Coal/Axe/Pick

Orc: Sword/Potato/Carrot

Naga: Poisoned Potato/Mushrooms

Maiar: Raw Fish/Various Fishes

Dakkar: Netherrack/Blaze Rod/Blaze Powder

Yanar: Leaves/Flowers/Grass/Fern/Various Seeds

Undead: Bones/Rotten Flesh

Frostmane/mourn: Snowballs/Snow Blocks/Ice Blocks/Raw Meats

Qadir: Sand/Cactus/Sandstone

Tigran: TigerTeeth(Quartz, not blocks)/Fern/Raw Meats

Vespid: Spider Eyes/Spider Web/String

Avarr: Feathers/Eggs/Chicken Meat

If I missed anything tell me, and if this isn't possible or there are flaws/bad ideas included, please do tell me :)

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
This is a rather good idea, but I would focus a bit on some things.
An orc dropping a sword isn't a good idea unless it becomes a Stone sword.

And the bow should probably be damaged as well, knowing dropping a full durability bow could just make someone instantly step up in power of PVP.

I feel this would be abused to farm items? As in feathers eggs and blaze rods. Maybe not a big deal but still

One problem I see is two people could get together and use this to farm items off of eachother

You mean like darkrooming, except with players and at the cost of faction power? I see how that could be a flaw, maybe lower the chances a tad bit from 10% to like 1% - aka, less then what you get from voting every day. Would that make it more of a "haha, you dropped an egg!" and less "Ok, die 50 times and we'll get 5 feathers..."?

Mecharic

I love this idea, mostly because the loot aspect.... And role playing making more sense Ex. Elves and arrows...
However, the admins/mods/trusted are getting rid of the race system so this idea might be useless... Unless they make the Race system and talent points combined somehow.

Mecharic

I love this idea, mostly because the loot aspect.... And role playing making more sense Ex. Elves and arrows...
However, the admins/mods/trusted are getting rid of the race system so this idea might be useless... Unless they make the Race system and talent points combined somehow.

the new trait system will have races.

Oh yes...elves hunting those birds for feathers to make our arrows...that would be awesome...despite that, it will probably not be implemented, for many reasons, including those that have been posted already.

Maybe it only works once a day? Once a race change? That way it would still work well for roleplay but wouldn't be abused. Also have nerfed bows swords axes and picks from drops and I think this suggestion would do well. But when it comes to programming...

Status
Not open for further replies.