Archived Race And Mage

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.

Potestillemi

Refugee
Reaction score
I really wish there was more diversity in the things I could do. I heard about races, but learned that those are only in Roleplay, and not a real thing. I spoke to Admins about this, and they told me races were removed to prevent the server from controlling those that participated, by making them choose a race. Then I asked about Vampirism, and was told that it was still in effect.
This made me think, and I realized that Vampirism is a race but isn't required. Now I think, why can't we do the same for other races such as Elves, Humans, Dwarves, Orcs, etc.? There should be altars where you may choose your own race, and they should be optional.
Different races could be accompanied by extra content and different quests, making the entire experience more captivating and in-depth. Mages and Mage Classes should also be integrated into this idea, as there could be so much more interesting content included with them. There could be actual Schools of Magic where you must complete quests given by Mentor NPC's to advance in your position or class of Mage.
The Mage Classes would provide players with robes or any other type of new clothing so that others could know whom and what they might be dealing with. This would also eliminate the tedious explanations and backstories players would be required to repeatedly relay to others if they wished to Role-play. Different forms of magic would be easier or more difficult for each race to learn.

This is something I am looking forward to seeing in the server, and something I am very strongly passionate about.
~Celebrant

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
So in a very shorter abbreviation, you basically want to make the choice of race in fantasy video games (which leads to a unique storyline, quests and certain abilities etc) applied to Massivecraft? Well the issue with that is that quests aren't canon. You want how you would earn the ranks of a mage in the video game to be applied, but that wouldn't work because all of those quests would be restricted to the 20 mages allowed on the server. It would greatly construct creative backstories in how they would all have the same method of mastery. It would be confusing how someone could work these quests to completion but only be a magic caster of that category. Additionally, magic is now a form of alchemy, so there isn't any sort of "quest" you could have for that race. There are way too many races for extended questlines, and the common dysfunction of a quest could inhibit a characters ability to process their backstory. You wish it were a Fantasy MMORPG.

Last edited:
Most of what the old race plugin did can be replicated with traits. Not everything, and there's a lot more that the Traits system could do but doesn't. Hopefully traits will get an update some day, but there hasn't been any official talk about it yet.

So in a very shorter abbreviation, you basically want to make the choice of race in fantasy video games (which leads to a unique storyline, quests and certain abilities etc) applied to Massivecraft? Well the issue with that is that quests aren't canon. You want how you would earn the ranks of a mage in the video game to be applied, but that wouldn't work because all of those quests would be restricted to the 20 mages allowed on the server. It would greatly construct creative backstories in how they would all have the same method of mastery. It would be confusing how someone could work these quests to completion but only be a magic caster of that category. Additionally, magic is now a form of alchemy, so there isn't any sort of "quest" you could have for that race. There are way too many races for extended questlines, and the common dysfunction of a quest could inhibit a characters ability to process their backstory. You wish it were a Fantasy MMORPG.
Massive MMORPG Online World that isn't minecraft. NOW THAT, would be awesome. Like Runescape or something. This dream probably wouldn't ever happen.

Massive MMORPG Online World that isn't minecraft. NOW THAT, would be awesome. Like Runescape or something. This dream probably wouldn't ever happen.
Haha, Runescape. I picked that back up recently. I've actually been studying it as I play and taking a note of how the game's quests function and such.

Last edited:
Haha, Runescape. I picked that back up recently. I've actually been studying it as I play and taking a note of how the game's quests function and such.
Honestly Runescapes quests are probably one of the best parts to be honest. Its a good blend of parody, comedy, and tension at times.

But, on the topic of the actual post, as far as pure cosmetics go I could get behind this. For instance, just making it so you can set a race/gender option with a command and adding a... thing, that Quest staff can use to draw that in Quests, IE %gender% or %race% and it just inserts the race/gender. Just to make... things flow better? Maybe? Its not big enough to devote staff time to I feel though. Locking Quests to Races would be counter-productive I feel though, because it means Staff will be making content that they know some players will be locked out of, and if you dont make it hangable on the spot then its just annoying.

But for pure cosmetic/dynamics, of having an NPC acknowledge your race or gender, might be interesting. And it could lead to some high quality memes of people setting it to Thomas the Dank Engine.

"Oi! Thomas the Dank Engine! Get over here!"