Archived Questing Master Info-mostly For Staff

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.

aprader1

Insert amazing title here
Reaction score
Faction
Algaron?
This thread is a suggestion mostly dedicated towards staff. My idea is simple. Compile a list of EVERY aspect of questing, even the stuff that should be obvious. For example, who knew the purple names were quest starters and the grey ones were steps in a different quest? I have been here for almost 5 years and this is the first I have heard of those.

All in all a master thread (preferably pinned along with the other guidelines) should be created to teach new players and remind the old the aspects of questing. Not all of them are as obvious as they should be.
@CRASHIR @Ghirko @Slayer1618 @onearmsquid @ItsNotMarkus @Enkiduu @Imboring56 @Forum

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
One of the things I've noticed in past quests is that they tend to be counter-intuitive and confusing, especially with regards to gameplay mechanics since there's no set format. Even in vanilla Minecraft, there are different gamemodes that limit what the player can or cannot do. How is a player supposed to know which ones work in questing?

For example, a quest may tell you to get an item, without explaining how. Are you supposed to find it, like on a quest sign or item frame? Or are you supposed to actually make it yourself? Can you even do that in the quest world, or do you have to go to survival to make it? There is no basis for that.

Sometimes quests ask you to search for things that are beyond the bounds of the quest's "zone" or area. If you're searching for an item or NPC, how far can you search? Within a few blocks? A few tens? The entire world?

These are a few examples of things I keep in mind and that I'd like to avoid in future quests. Hopefully they'll be far more intuitive with game mechanics that are easy to understand and use.

One of the things I've noticed in past quests is that they tend to be counter-intuitive and confusing, especially with regards to gameplay mechanics since there's no set format. Even in vanilla Minecraft, there are different gamemodes that limit what the player can or cannot do. How is a player supposed to know which ones work in questing?

For example, a quest may tell you to get an item, without explaining how. Are you supposed to find it, like on a quest sign or item frame? Or are you supposed to actually make it yourself? Can you even do that in the quest world, or do you have to go to survival to make it? There is no basis for that.

Sometimes quests ask you to search for things that are beyond the bounds of the quest's "zone" or area. If you're searching for an item or NPC, how far can you search? Within a few blocks? A few tens? The entire world?

These are a few examples of things I keep in mind and that I'd like to avoid in future quests. Hopefully they'll be far more intuitive with game mechanics that are easy to understand and use.
This is exactly my point. For example, the item frame thing or right click on a sign. Everything would be stated very clearly so no one gets stuck and we waste staffs time thinking the quest is broken.