Archived Putting The Lore Into The Regalian Library

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Imboring56

Seasoned Runner
Reaction score
I know, for one, that most people don't take the time to read the lore when they first want to start roleplaying. Thus, their roleplay continues to deteriorate until they pretend that they can bring back 100 vampires from the dead, while controlling Mrs. Baver, etc. I think that having the lore, the RP rules, and so on and so forth will only improve RP because they will often want to read it for RP. And if the signs on the Regalia board tell you to catch up on the city rules with the lore in the library, it will make more use of the library, give books an even greater value, and explain what and how the community expects RP to be done on this server.

Remember, a lot of new players have never done RP before, so they should be given a tip or two from non-players, maybe even have RP librarians teaching classes of newbies how to roleplay?

The possibilities are endless with this, and it would be pretty easy to create.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I agree, and it should also be in a fair amount of detail, for those people who's reaction to this is, "Huh? Roleplay? Isn't that the stuff you read about in history books? What is it and why should I care?" Some people have no idea what they should do in roleplay or why, or why they care. We need to give them a reason.

I'll tag Jared4242 to this thread, since I have heard that he is the librarian for the library and would like to hear his thoughts and input on this.

From what I've heard (not confirmed mind) we intend to put several major stories in Massive's history into the Library. I think MonMarty mentioned it at some point. So yes, lore of Massive will most likely be put into the library, we're working on it. For the time, the best way to help "newbs" rp is to serve as an example in Regalia: engage them in role-play and have fun.

(Y) (clap)(clap)(clap)(Y)(nod)

Status
Not open for further replies.