Public Letter To Lina Dei Axford

Discussion in 'Regalian Roleplay' started by Chapstxcks, Nov 28, 2019.

1. Chapstxcks

Chapstxcks Knight

Villiers text break.png
    Lina Seppänen dei Axford,
    I, Ser Karp Kippings, Paladin of the Villiers-Eclaire Order, challenge you, Madam Lina Seppänen, Knight of the Matrais Order, to an honor duel, a right granted to us by Regalian Knight law. I make this challenge public as you decided to flee the Nestled Nook Tavern earlier when you were going to be approached for this challenge. The reasons for this challenge are simple and are as follows:

-You, Lina, have tried to slander me by claiming I tried to brutalize you when in fact all I did was provide you the medical aid you requested and needed for the sake of your mental health.
    -You, Lina, have tried to slander me and accuse me of desiring adultery with yourself while I was in the confines of marriage with my now late wife.
    -You, Lina, have issued insult on the memory of my late wife by stating I wanted you while married.
    -You, Lina, have insulted the Lady Novellia Fristadvlom, Grand Baroness of Upplanda by refusing to address her with title, instead muttering spiteful words behind her back.
    -You, Lina, have attempted to remove Lady Novellia Fristadvlom's universal right to her good name as granted to her by law by slandering her as a person.

With the reasons for my honor duel challenge listed simply for you and all to understand I proceed with the rules of this duel that you may accept or speak with me on reworking:

-The duel will partake at an undisclosed time and place decided upon by you and myself to ensure no one interrupts.
    -You may not choose a champion to fight in your place as this duel is directly to you for slander and insults.
    -You and I may bring only one person with each of us. These two will together judge when the duel is to end if neither sides forfeit first and are to ensure their respective duelist acquires medical aid if required.
    -This will be a private duel of only you, myself, and the two people brought with us.
    -This duel is not to the death.

With now my reasons and rules stated I await your acceptance to duel or your public apology for these insults as well as a public declaration of cowardice written in your own hand.

Oratario ode,
    Ser Karp Kippings
    Commander of the Crimson Inquisition
    Paladin of the Villiers-Eclaire Order
    Centurion in the Claws of Union

Junker to the Grand Baroness Fristadvlom

• Powerful Powerful x 30
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Immersive Immersive x 1
    #1 Chapstxcks, Nov 28, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2019
  2. Winterless

Winterless The MVP of Romance RP

A Bloodcast Knight gave a sigh as he read over the notion of an honour duel, wondering why they couldn't have just discussed it, instead of resorting to public shaming and bloodshed.

He gave the notice a final read over, before continuing on his day- trudging through the now thick snow that had laden the streets.

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
  3. GRIST_

GRIST_ The Antagonist Premium

Kick her ass Karp.” Estlin happily commented on the letter, ambling off to show it to Shane with a little bounce in her step.

@DolittleGuy

• Powerful Powerful x 4
  4. FeralGayWalnut

FeralGayWalnut Lesbian Worst Enemy

Twirling her blade slowly in her hand as she was sparring against her brother, Seraphina spoke, “So. Think the Matrias will show up or will she turn tail? Either way, my moneys on Karp.” Her lips turned upwards into a grin.

@TheMoistestMan

• Powerful Powerful x 2
  5. Ailethi

Ailethi neighborhood milf lover Supremium

Camilla gave a light huff, crossing her arms with a mumble. “So be it.”

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  6. Mortisian

Mortisian The Flesh is Weak, the Machine is Strong

Deo was roused from his stupor from another evening of Day drinking gone awry to this notice being tacked to the ceiling by some unmentioned Scaled being. After giving it a read over he would give it a grumble, "This is all an extra effort in the day. I'll leave it to Camilla to deal with." @Ailethi Before promptly returning back to his sleep.

• Powerful Powerful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Wumpatron

Wumpatron Das Wump

The Drachenburg knight scoffed at the note.

"For a puppet of the d'Gosselins, the man certainly knows true honor. Regretful the same couldn't be shared for the rest of the pauper Orders in the Empire, lest I could tolerate them."

• Powerful Powerful x 2
  8. Thermite

Thermite

"Stop and grow up Karp, and wonder if her words came before or after you dragged her through the streets with the intention to beat her."
    Ahti Scowled and spit on the ground before he wrote on the note:
    "You debase yourself with every step and word. Question if her words were after you dragged her in chains through the street and chained her to a wall in Greygate, and tried to use her husband against her. If her words were not after you harassed and threatened her and had attempted to cause issue with her marriage. Kindly fuck off and grow up."

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. DolittleGuy

DolittleGuy Scrungo Enthusiast

Shane's brow rose as he read the letter, then furrowed as he tried to keep track of the many laws and grievances. He turned over towards Estlin, frowning as he gave his assessment.
    "Why are knightly things so roundabout- Just say I want to beat you up for being an ass. Simple as that."

• Powerful Powerful x 4
  10. AlysaPotato

AlysaPotato Daensquad

Fudail read the letter and internally facepalmed, “I wonder what the Dame’s husband has to say about this. I spoke to him not to long ago...” He shrugged his shoulders and went on with his day.

11. Lady Amy Poliwag

Lady Amy Poliwag

Amy would see the letter. “ He is worse than a sow in heat. How is chaining to a wall help? When did she ever confide in him? Accusations of lies are help? He can keep his help. ” she would whisper to herself. A sense of urgency to check on her sister would come over her. @Lady Lina

12. festiveCorvid

festiveCorvid Product of German Engineering Premium

Abelhard looked over the note, scratching his chin with his right as he glanced around the keep "..Well. Guess Lina is going to choose a champion for this one.."

• Powerful Powerful x 2
    • Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
  13. Silver_Ag47

Silver_Ag47

"This a really formal way to say, ya hurt my feelings, fight me. God Karp, are ya really gonna fight Lina? Just leave her the fock alone." Asan pasted a small note in neat cursive that simply stated. "Pathetic."

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Panda_bear

Panda_bear

Eric nods at the letter. Looking up from it out the window he chuckles “That’s my brother”

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  15. Yigit

Yigit Undertaker

Rodrigo Peirgarten gives a hearty smile from the high towers of the Eleng Castle. "Seems like there's gonna be another knightly duel at last. It's been some time since the good Duke Delmotte handed it to the Cyprien sod."

• Powerful Powerful x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  16. Chapstxcks

Chapstxcks Knight

In reply to the husband,
    Stop barking my Northern friend. You wear a collar in this city put on by her. Her crimes are for the Violet Order to know, not the whole of Regalia. But please, further expose your wife for having to be dragged through the street in chains because of the laws she’s broken, because she didn’t want to turn herself in when asked. Oh, and for you, you’re less important than you may think. You were not brought up in the four questions I asked her, but brought up plenty in the charges she has tried to place against you. And for issues with your marriage, well, she filed for divorce, then tried to kill herself when denied, not me. Woof.

Oratario ode,
    Ser Karp Kippings
    Commander of the Crimson Inquisition
    Paladin of the Villiers-Eclaire Order
    Centurion in the Claws of Union
    Junker to the Grand Baroness Fristadvlom

• Powerful Powerful x 8
  17. HereticTakao

HereticTakao dark spirited demidevil

A particular Wildering would look at the notice, scanning it over with a few laughs.

"Are Ailor always this funny? This is the best satire letter I've ever seen! Well, it's the only public satire letter I've seen." a few comments from her companion and she would say, "Wait this serious? You're joking, stop fooling me.." and another reply indicating they weren't, "Oh. Well good luck to them I guess."

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 3
    • Powerful Powerful x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Thermite

Thermite

Your words prove my points, prove you cease to disrupt a marriage and to antagonize Lina.
    You are a failure to your wife, you failed her when she died.
    You are someone who orders the arrest and removal of the hand of a kid.
    Someone who's response to a woman being depressed and saddened by the loss of her kids, by a mess of an argument, is to refuse to explain to them the full extent of their crimes, and when she and her husband tried to handle it peacefully and discuss it you have guards surround her and drag her in chains and chain her to a wall. If you sought to help her your people skills are beyond poor. You have only made her scared, made her feel as though nowhere is safe, that even the guards are out to torment her for simply being sad. Your actions harm the reputation of all guards and orders out to protect this city.
    Cease this farce of a duel and know well my dedication towards making amends for my past mistakes and keeping my wife safe from all who would cause her harm.
    Let us talk this out with a peaceful mediator, that we may find peace through words before this dissolves to violence.

Ahti Seppanen
    Metalsmith
    Husband of Lina

• Creative Creative x 3
    • Powerful Powerful x 1
  19. SleepyIsVerySlep

SleepyIsVerySlep Socialite Doctor

The recently awoken Velheimer read the public letter on her way to the Willow for her morning Kaffee.
    She suddenly stopped, re-reading the lines.
    She sighed as she crumpled the letter into her pocket, continuing her walk through the snow. She simply muttered “She’s screwed.” as Lily wandered up the steps.

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  20. Nirnro0t

Nirnro0t Always smirking

Fen’nan Solaveira read this over, sipping the stolen rum in her glass, before her eyes scanned the responses left by both Ahti and Karp. She hissed through her teeth, peering down and swishing the rum around in her glass. “Damnit. Bloody fuckin, void. Shitballs. Why couldn’t you have just bloody left me out of it, Karp? Askin me to be yer friggin Second. Bullshite. Piss. Arse. Fuck.

The conflicted Altalar downed the rest of the rum as she tipped her head back briefly, swallowing, she let the rum glass fall in the snow with a mild crunch, as she dropped it without care, turning and storming off, “I don’t want to pick a bloody side, the lines not clear, not this time,,” she muttered as she moved home to write a letter of her own.

• Powerful Powerful x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    #20 Nirnro0t, Nov 28, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2019
  21. MrNoot1

MrNoot1 Let there be Noot

A curtain Darkwald began to chuckle at the notice, spitting to the side as he'd mutter to himself. "You should leave Nove's side. She's just a simple worker at the Hidden Dragon. She is truly a coward. Can't even say a goodbye. I'll gladly take a drink at her death bed."

• Constructive Constructive x 1
    • Powerful Powerful x 1
  22. skullpanda90

skullpanda90 Sleeping Extraordinaire

"Wait.. Miss Lina? That lovely old cook of ours?"
    The woman asks her staff, lacking to give her any reply as they busied making morning preparations.
    "So this is what she's been up to... that Carp man, I get a bad feeling from him."
    Tossing the paper down, she exhales dramatically.
    "I wouldn't be surprised if her accusations were truth!"

• Like Like x 2
    • Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  23. Luxus07

Luxus07 Draconic Mercenary

"It's a duel to first blood, not death. Why's everyone acting like they are tugging on a dragon's balls? Been here for a week and fought two of these for entertainment." Sakara noted, reading over the paper. "Just fight and be over with it."

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  24. GRIST_

GRIST_ The Antagonist Premium

This is false information, another commander issued this and did this. Get your facts right. And stop talking about things you have zero clue of. Let your wife respond with honor instead of harassing and dishonoring the duel with your unneeded and not factual responses. - Estlin
    The note was stuck under his letter.

• Powerful Powerful x 10
  25. Thermite

Thermite

Written onto this note would be "Look, that's just one I was just told of by them."

26. DolittleGuy

DolittleGuy Scrungo Enthusiast

Penned in response would be a hastily written, yet legible, addendum.
    You are misinformed. The only punishment your wife recieved under my order was a thorough bout of therapy for what trials and tribulations she has endured. No beatings, no torture, and certainly not any parading her down the street. You would do well not to slander the Violet Order with some gossip you heard, and personally I would recommend you speak to your wife so that she may save what honor she has left.
    Sincerely,
    Shane Marth
    Commander of the Crown Isle Wardens Chapter

• Powerful Powerful x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  27. DrHasagi

DrHasagi Just a guy

Anthony Falke read upon the notice, sipping his early morning tea. "Seems Karp has been up to more than I thought, ever since I last saw him," he told himself with a grin. Setting his cup down, tossing the notice aside, he stood.

"If I were to bet on such a juncture, my money is on Karp."

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  28. Hautee

Hautee average LoL player

*As news came about, Galatea studied the letter, overlooking it several times and pin pointing all the key details. Remarkably enough, she knew Karp was serious on this matter and had her high hopes up for him. "If Lina Dei Axford wishes to spread lies about my dearest cousin, Novellia, I'll have to make sure Karp teaches her a lesson. How impudent she is for spreading such horrible, untruthful lies. Novellia would never speak of lies. NEVER."

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  29. Thermite

Thermite

I would surely hope I know of what happened and what Karp intended seeing as I was there, that he had me handcuffed as Violets searched my forge and questioned me about where my wife was or when Violets shackled her wrists and lead her back to Greygate. I never spoke for your intentions or what you or other violets wanted but what Karp wants and what his intentions were. Further more I can attest from what she has said and how she has acted that the actions you all did ultimately has not helped anything and has only made her more anxious, stressed, and nervous.

I am refusing to let this continue because I am tired of this constant mess Karp has continued to cause, I am done with him bothering Lina and I. I seek only peace to spend with her and for her to recover in peace which this duel does not grant.
    ~Ahti Seppanen

30. festiveCorvid

festiveCorvid Product of German Engineering Premium

Abelhard looked over the growing stack of notes on top of the initial note. His jaw dropped, immediately deciding to write another note! Scribbling away, he'd tack it under the pile.

"Please, for the love of Regalia's forests and natural beauty, please stop killin' the damned trees!

Signed, Abelhard Latimer,
    Inquisitor,
    Royal Guardsman,
    Dude with really big arms."

@Thermite @Chapstxcks

• Powerful Powerful x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  31. AtticCat

AtticCat haeksen van regalia

Winifred peered over towards the note before offering a shrug. “Common folk like to try and use honor to get power they don’t rightly deserve. A knight is raised to act honorable, but acting honorable and acting prissy sometimes get mixed up.”

• Powerful Powerful x 2
    • Constructive Constructive x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  32. NebulaePrimo

NebulaePrimo The Everwatcher :powerful:

Claire d'Anjou briefly tried to figure out what order she was supposed to read the pile of letters in, but just gave up. "Well, I suppose writing all these letters is one way to spend your free time..."

• Winner Winner x 1
  33. SnashuuPomaymay

SnashuuPomaymay lol die

Tiray, at some point early in the morning, had set up a little makeshift camp near the notice board to watch all the chaos ensue. She swished the bottle of Whiskey in hand, raising a brow as she watched the umpteenth letter be placed beside the rest of the parchment arguments and debates.

Wonder when all these idiots’re gonna stop communicating through papers pinned to a board. Man up n’speak face to face, or shut th’fuck up. Damn.She exhaled a long, deflated sigh, and downed another large gulp of the alcoholic beverage. It was going to be a long day.

• Powerful Powerful x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  34. Jonificus

Jonificus Pizza the Hutt

"The bickering of fools does not concern me."

• Powerful Powerful x 5
  35. KytilSeren

KytilSeren Master of Storms

A simple nod toward the post and after reading each reply as well as the notice itself, there would be only the following without a signature:

"Neither is correct in their judgement of the other. This 'Karp' and 'Lina' do not necessarily need to fight to restore honor of either side, but if they wish to fight, they may do so. This is not my fight, but I simply give my own opinion on such. So mote it be."

The only clue as to the author of said reply was a picture of a Thunderbird.

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  36. CrimsletMonarch

CrimsletMonarch Priestess?? Dawn Songstress?? Emotional Wreck??

Novellia Fristadvlom rested passively in her office. She took the finalized letter in hand, reading it over. Once she was done, she let out a breath, leaning back on her chair. "So, it's out. Spirit, if only she didn't keep running away when I come to talk to her, then none of this would be necessary." She pulled her black hair back, biting her lip. "She is no friend any longer. A friend does not make assumptions and lies about their friends, and spreads them under the guise of benevolence."

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Powerful Powerful x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  37. Ellimairy

Ellimairy Sophia Du Polignac

''Madame de Letoi-.''
    ''Can't you see I am bussy Edgar! Mon dieu!''
    The Ithanian spat back as she was rudely interupted, whilst she spoke to the decoraters, which were walking around showing her diffrent designs, colours and fabrics,
    ''Madame, pardon me but- you really should see this.''

Sophia turned her head, clearly annoyed before nodding to the decoraters and moving to her desk.
    The desk itself had been placed there only minutes earlier and now already recieved a document which required her immediate attention.

''Hmm.''

The servant then placed the reply of the husband on the table.

''Oh..''

She sighed, placing the letters under a letter weight.

''Write as I dictate.''

Sophia stated, raising herself to let the servant take her place.

Private Correspondence
    Monsieur dei Termini,

It has come to my attention that Lina has been suffering from her own actions, however with this extra issue of a duel brought to the table, I have to stick to my choice of not tutoring Lina any further.

This is not an insult against your house, but out of protection of my own name.
    It is sad that this young girl has faced so many obstacles in life, however I am not in this world to further the cause of others, whilst destroying my own.

Hopefully you do understand.

Tomorrow I shall pick up the money for my lessons which hadn't been paid for yet.

With kind regards,

Madame S, de Letoirneau

@Mortisian

• Powerful Powerful x 4
  38. Mortisian

Mortisian The Flesh is Weak, the Machine is Strong

To the Madame de Letoirneau,

She has no present ties to the House dei Termini save for a thinning strand of kinship by dilluded blood. Seeing as she has since married out of the Cadet Branch she is not presently, nor priorly, under my direct jurisdiction. Therefore I do not see this as an insult, mostly a Business effect from their issues resounding unto myself. We shall discuss a separate affair of profitable exchanges outside of this affair when next we meet.

With Everlasting Terms,
    Field General Deo dei Termini.

• Powerful Powerful x 4
  39. _GoldWolf_

_GoldWolf_ Regalian Lesser Noble

Aelfric Harhold's cane crunched the snow under its end and his boots created marks in the white covering. He tottered along slowly, still recovering from his recent injuries, assisted along by an aide who stood by his side, and soon with the aide's help, he found himself before the Golden Willow noticeboard where he updated himself on the most recent happenings daily. The Reverend was offered his spectacles by the aide, the elderly man thanking him, before he placed them on. His gaze traveled along the board, skimming over the various notices before the quite visible pile of papers surrounding one declaration caught his eye.

His Holiness arched a brow at the sheer quantity, his eyes soon focused on the main Public Letter to Lina dei Axford. He read it over, nodding along, looking now to the assistant who stood beside him. The elderly Anglian's lips parted, beginning to speak, "Do you know Karp Kippings?" The aide shook his head. "A Villiers Knight. Part of the Claw of Union and the Inquisition. A good man, yes. Mm."

As any old man would, the Harhold proceeded to fill the younger man in on each and every bit of information on the main piece of parchment, even though the aide could read. After that was finished, he glanced to the other papers which were in response to the Public Letter, read one or two, before making a rather dismissive gesture. "Too many to read. I have more important things to do. Mmph. Let us move on, Franz."

And so the two proceeded on to the Cathedral.

• Powerful Powerful x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    #39 _GoldWolf_, Nov 29, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2019
  40. milkdudders_

milkdudders_ Refugee

Markus Koeppen rolls his eyes. He smacks the letter down on Roland's desk. "This is the Knight that spoke to us, during the Attack. What kind of name is Karp..? What is he, a fish?"

@Nathan

• Winner Winner x 1