Archived Produce Creates (voting Item)

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Phrowenia

I'm lovin' it
Reaction score
Faction
Raptum
Kingdom
Raptum Empire
Roleplay Guilds
$w4g Guild - Raptum
Hello MassiveCraft. I'm sure when you voted, that you got produce creates, and when you placed them on the ground, they would usually look like creates with food. But let me introduce my idea. So Admins/mods, can simply change the look of creates, and put them in exact spot, for example, create with gunpowder near cannons, wood logs near forest and such. So my idea is to let players design them as they will, factions would look nicer and there would be much more of a cozy feeling.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Very nice idea. There would need to be a way of doing it. Shift-rightclicking, for example. Or maybe /cc (change crate).

Something like paint editing.

I need to test an idea that looks like it should work. That would be having a block have a different texture based on it's name. If this works I could put the different crates in the Resource Pack such that wood planks with a certain name would appear as a certain crate. Still need to test this feature to confirm it works first, though.

@Yendor

You could use NBT tags instead? They'd be more reliable, plus: naughty players won't just be able to rename some wood planks so that they look like it.

You could use NBT tags instead? They'd be more reliable, plus: naughty players won't just be able to rename some wood planks so that they look like it.
I am planning on using NBT tags for some other applications, but for a player to have control over how it appears, I would need to use something that the player can change, like the name. The fact is, it costs Exp. to rename something, so as long as it is just an ascetic change I don't think it will be too much of a problem. I will also test whether it is possible to use both the name and NBT tag, which would give tight control over what can be renamed.

I am planning on using NBT tags for some other applications, but for a player to have control over how it appears, I would need to use something that the player can change, like the name. The fact is, it costs Exp. to rename something, so as long as it is just an ascetic change I don't think it will be too much of a problem. I will also test whether it is possible to use both the name and NBT tag, which would give tight control over what can be renamed.
Most wonderfull! And the xp wont be a problem for the most of us. Just see it as Ic currency to buy the empty crates!

Status
Not open for further replies.