Archived Premium Perk Ideas Thread?

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.

ChensSpaghetti

Space Cowboy
Reaction score
THIS IS NOT THE THREAD FOR SUGGESTING PERKS!!!

So this is plain and simple:

What if we had a thread to suggest premium perks? Like, players can suggest ideas that don't improve gameplay (i.e. don't suggest Pacifist prems keep items on death), but cool things like cosmetics, like pets and sound effects. This way the community can give ideas that the community wants. BAM! Helps the staff focus on other issues, and players can suggest what they think the other players would like.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
This sounds like a good idea to me but... how far can we go on the forums? @DrFong did you have any ideas for forum perks?

There are a few already in place:

Social forums
Signatures
Banners
Etc.

I think asking to community for help with ideas to make premium more desirable is a good idea.

More Roleplay-centric perks perhaps? Also, what's the EULA's stance on opening up "beta testing" to premium players? Like a test world where premiums can try out the new plugins before they're publicly released, without any real effect on the other worlds.

I vaguely remember someone suggesting a flower picking lore perk for premiums.

Basically, it would be a daily quest and you just have to right click a flower somewhere on the map to get the item. It was designed to make RP more immersive. You would want to give someone a flower when walking by, so you just run the quest and grab a flower. Easy as that :)

Sorry to the original idea poster that I don't remember your ign, but I think this idea is a good one.

More Roleplay-centric perks perhaps? Also, what's the EULA's stance on opening up "beta testing" to premium players? Like a test world where premiums can try out the new plugins before they're publicly released, without any real effect on the other worlds.
This would be allowed as long as the players arent gaining anything out of them. Like items.

(Eula doesn't matter since they're not enforced and Massive ignores them anyways).

What about an occasional fundraising campaign, with "stretch goals". If a certain amount is reached, plugin X becomes a priority, etc.

What about an occasional fundraising campaign, with "stretch goals". If a certain amount is reached, plugin X becomes a priority, etc.

Or new places to roleplay? Or new races for roleplay? Want the new werewolf race people have been yammering about for three years? Raise $250 and it's yours. No one ever said we couldn't charge for lore. Or for new community buildings in Regalia. Want to restore the damaged district? Raise $75 to unlock it.

Community Fundraising Goals!

Or new places to roleplay? Or new races for roleplay? Want the new werewolf race people have been yammering about for three years? Raise $250 and it's yours. No one ever said we couldn't charge for lore. Or for new community buildings in Regalia. Want to restore the damaged district? Raise $75 to unlock it.

Community Fundraising Goals!
This is a brilliant idea. Even could be for new worlds.

Allow premiums custom messages when entering factions and rented Regalian properties
More, more, more things like purchasing cakes for the whole server.
Allow us to purchase ad space for our IC businesses, factions, etc.

I would certainly pay to cram FongCo© advertising messages and products down people's throats.

The ideas keep coming. Let me know if I should keep thinking about this. These ideas any good?

I would say make it so premiums can write in color, but with the way dark blue lore works here it probably won't happen.

Or allow the /lore command to include colors besides gold. But once again, the purple color is lore....

So maybe have it so premiums can type colors in chat?

Allow premiums custom messages when entering factions and rented Regalian properties
More, more, more things like purchasing cakes for the whole server.
Allow us to purchase ad space for our IC businesses, factions, etc.

I would certainly pay to cram FongCo© advertising messages and products down people's throats.

The ideas keep coming. Let me know if I should keep thinking about this. These ideas any good?
They are incredible. The best part is they don't take up any physical space so you can have all of them at once and people can choose to itemize which ones they want to donate for. I especially like the advertisements one and I like the more cake's type items

Make a donation to give your character a boost on combat rolls for RP events (doesnt really effect anything ingame-wise)
Disguise yourself as players or mobs
Donate to make Mrs Baver attack Regalia, etc. etc.
Some kind of lottery? For every premium player 100 regals gets added to a pot. Anyone can win monthly.

Make a donation to give your character a boost on combat rolls for RP events (doesnt really effect anything ingame-wise)
Donate to make Mrs Baver attack Regalia, etc. etc.
Some kind of lottery? For every premium player 100 regals gets added to a pot. Anyone can win monthly.
I really like that last one.

This one. MPM had players able to see each other as mobs, so why not have the entire server see us as the wolf we are? This could also add even more dimension to RP as a whole, since now you could RP as someone's pet dog in lieu of EchoPet halting development.

In certain areas in Regalia there are little messages to describe the area like "The stench of the sewers overwhelms you" and stuff like that. We could make it so premium players could make their own little messages in gold or something. It could also be a good idea to have it as a faction flag so your faction wouldn't be filled with these messages if you didn't want them, and only allow them in factions. It would also be a good idea to have having inappropriate messages be against the rules.

More capabilities for the /lore command. Maybe the ability to add colored, non-italic names. At least colors that aren't used on "official" lore items.

What+this+post+reminded+me+of+_f0bd22a0eedbf9403e3d4d9c2b235774.jpg

/glow should allow premiums to edit the color. a grey outline is kinda dull, but a red one would be cool.

In certain areas in Regalia there are little messages to describe the area like "The stench of the sewers overwhelms you" and stuff like that. We could make it so premium players could make their own little messages in gold or something. It could also be a good idea to have it as a faction flag so your faction wouldn't be filled with these messages if you didn't want them, and only allow them in factions. It would also be a good idea to have having inappropriate messages be against the rules.
I would really like this one, +1
More capabilities for the /lore command. Maybe the ability to add colored, non-italic names. At least colors that aren't used on "official" lore items.
Wouldn't work, lore hats use pretty much all the colours.

Maybe a way to sign your name on /lore'd items, to make them "Official" player lore. Like, I could sign my sword "twinCatalysts" and it couldn't be able to be removed by anyone else, and it would be set different than the /lore so it couldn't be impersonated.

The "lore" on the clothing items also has corresponding colors. If lore on items is still restricted to orange, there'd only be a problem for the few orange-colored hats. Some sort of "signature" would be a neat addition though. Would make sure all FongCo© products are genuine.

The "lore" on the clothing items also has corresponding colors. If lore on items is still restricted to orange, there'd only be a problem for the few orange-colored hats. Some sort of "signature" would be a neat addition though. Would make sure all FongCo© products are genuine.
Ah, yes there could be some problems with branding. Maybe make it an option between your roleplay name and your IGN? That way you could have IC-Official items as well
Think I'll put this suggestion along with another one I thought up on another post

I though only the dark blue color was the official lore-compliant color, and everything else is no longer "official."
Then purple seems to be the lore text of choice, but I believe all you need is the dark blue to call it an "official IC lore item."

I though only the dark blue color was the official lore-compliant color, and everything else is no longer "official."
Then purple seems to be the lore text of choice, but I believe all you need is the dark blue to call it an "official IC lore item."
The dark blue there is referring to the title of the item being that color. Referencing for example The green or yellow in the uncommon or rare, respectively, items. I believe even in those official lore items the subtext color will remain purple.

Yep, seems to be the case, so any other color for text should be fine to use, though who knows.

Best idea ive seen so far is MrsBaver... Oh how fun it was to have demons and lightning plaguing the Holy City before MrsBaver herself came out.

I vaguely remember someone suggesting a flower picking lore perk for premiums.

Basically, it would be a daily quest and you just have to right click a flower somewhere on the map to get the item. It was designed to make RP more immersive. You would want to give someone a flower when walking by, so you just run the quest and grab a flower. Easy as that :)

Sorry to the original idea poster that I don't remember your ign, but I think this idea is a good one.
Eherm, thank you for reminding me ^^ I still have that RP items plugin up my selves (unused, not shown to cay) and it might he something he'd enjoy to have now :P

Would it be against EULA if premiums could enchant a fire charge to get a "rune" to put on either weapons, tools or armor with enchants like: Awesome III, Poke IV, Puke X, Cute V, Useless, Healthy II, or what ever else we can come up with? These enchants wouldn't give any advantages over other players, but could be used to create funny lore items.
Maybe this rune could also put the name of the creator on the item in a way you cannot get rid of it (somewhere between title and lore description).
I just thought of a fire charge because of the "rune-like" item. A book would do just fine as well, if it's not possible to enchant a fire charge.

More ideas:
More custom recipes for thinks like
- interior design (ink pots with feathers on it as a custom head like the tiny chests and similar),
- for cooking/baking (let premiums make different soups (potato soup, vegetable soup (with potatoes and carrots), different cake and pies with no different effects (carrot cakes! apple pies! Meat filled pastries!)
- or for drinks (someone mentioned a brewing plugin some time ago where you have to use a cauldron to mix drinks with effects. Maybe we can tweak that to be able to brew lore drinks. If you then combine these lore drinks you could get even rarer lore drinks and so on. If people need to find out which potions to use to brew a specific lore drink, it would be even more interesting. It would also give alchemy a boost again after the hit with the blaze powder and the gapples).

Edit:
Forum perks: make it possible for premiums to lock their own threads? This could be useful to stop derailing posts, close auctions once they are done, close help threads once the problem is solved and actually helps staff with the moderation of the forum. Ofc this should just be possible for the threads we created ourselves - if that's possible.

Last edited:
Would it be against EULA if premiums could enchant a fire charge to get a "rune" to put on either weapons, tools or armor with enchants like: Awesome III, Poke IV, Puke X, Cute V, Useless, Healthy II, or what ever else we can come up with? These enchants wouldn't give any advantages over other players, but could be used to create funny lore items.
Maybe this rune could also put the name of the creator on the item in a way you cannot get rid of it (somewhere between title and lore description).
I just thought of a fire charge because of the "rune-like" item. A book would do just fine as well, if it's not possible to enchant a fire charge.

More ideas:
- interior design (ink pots with feathers on it as a custom head like the tiny chests and similar),
- for cooking/baking (let premiums make different soups (potato soup, vegetable soup (with potatoes and carrots), different cake and pies with no different effects (carrot cakes! apple pies! Meat filled pastries!)
- or for drinks (someone mentioned a brewing plugin some time ago where you have to use a cauldron to mix drinks with effects. Maybe we can tweak that to be able to brew lore drinks. If you then combine these lore drinks you could get even rarer lore drinks and so on. If people need to find out which potions to use to brew a specific lore drink, it would be even more interesting. It would also give alchemy a boost again after the hit with the blaze powder and the gapples).

Edit:
Forum perks: make it possible for premiums to lock their own threads? This could be useful to stop derailing posts, close auctions once they are done, close help threads once the problem is solved and actually helps staff with the moderation of the forum. Ofc this should just be possible for the threads we created ourselves - if that's possible.
The interior design and fake enchants would definitely be allowed. Not sure about the other ones though, they're kinda grey.

More ideas:

Edit:
I love this. All of it. Just one logistical problem I see. The new decorative heads. See the chest, melon, pumpkin, and whatnot are actually Minecraft accounts owned by minecraft/mojang. The MHF_xxxx heads. The other recipes like the bread for example were players that had their skins set up that way. Massive would have to get minecraft accounts for each head recipe in order to guarantee they stay the same.

I think you should be able to have different colors with the /name and /lore command, and I also think they should re-add /pet. I would also suggest that Premiums could perhaps have 5 second TP time instead of the default 10, but I am not sure if that breaks EULA or not.

I think you should be able to have different colors with the /name and /lore command, and I also think they should re-add /pet. I would also suggest that Premiums could perhaps have 5 second TP time instead of the default 10, but I am not sure if that breaks EULA or not.
I'm pretty sure the tp does break the EULA but I think the other two should be fine.

Placing particles? I've seen it on other servers, and I suppose it doesn't give premiums an advantage over others. Similar to using particles flying around your character, you could summon placeable particles using a command or even use the same menu for it.

Placing particles? I've seen it on other servers, and I suppose it doesn't give premiums an advantage over others. Similar to using particles flying around your character, you could summon placeable particles using a command or even use the same menu for it.
I forsee lots of lag in this idea

What if.. its 10s for all PVP Active and 5s non-active?