Archived Premium Feature: Wood Type Changer

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.

Mecharic

I'm tempermental, deal with it.
Reaction score
Faction
Al'Darub
Roleplay Guilds
Emerald Alliance
This is rather simple and straightforward. Basically, it's the create a new Premium Feature. This feature would enable Premium Members to turn Planks & On wood types into any other wood type. For example, Spruce Planks into Oak Planks, or Oak Planks into Birch Planks. This would also work for products of planks - Doors, Fences, Slabs, and anything else that you can craft with planks and has a 'type'. The command for it would be /type [desired type of plank]. This would NOT work on logs themselves, as a method to ensure that people still need to actually chop down the trees they want if they want to use the base logs.

And yeah. That's pretty much it. Pretty simple really. I thought it up while holding spruce fence and wishing it was oak fence. Do with it what you will :)

~Mecharic, Casual Gamer

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
what about being able to make planks back into logs? save some storage, helps out if you accidently made too many planks and need logs but Rice_merchant wont sell you more Axes.

i actually love this idea :P it wont hurt the economy and gives a little flexibility in build style on the go. along with coloring glass and wool the 8 dollars a month would be worth it to builders! ♥

This is rather simple and straightforward. Basically, it's the create a new Premium Feature. This feature would enable Premium Members to turn Planks & On wood types into any other wood type. For example, Spruce Planks into Oak Planks, or Oak Planks into Birch Planks. This would also work for products of planks - Doors, Fences, Slabs, and anything else that you can craft with planks and has a 'type'. The command for it would be /type [desired type of plank]. This would NOT work on logs themselves, as a method to ensure that people still need to actually chop down the trees they want if they want to use the base logs.

And yeah. That's pretty much it. Pretty simple really. I thought it up while holding spruce fence and wishing it was oak fence. Do with it what you will :)

~Mecharic, Casual Gamer
I kinda like it. But i think it would make even less reasons to go out and adventure or supply different types of woods. I think that people who travel the 10 miles to get acacia should be able to sell that acacia as acacia

This is a time for me to bring up my idea of a uncrafting table. Just crafts things, but backwards!

I kinda like it. But i think it would make even less reasons to go out and adventure or supply different types of woods. I think that people who travel the 10 miles to get acacia should be able to sell that acacia as acacia
You realize that like literally everyone has every type of sapling and some bone meal right

I'm personally not fond of this. I like the concept of having different trees to farm and putting players in a position where they have to collect all kinds of saplings.

I'm personally not fond of this. I like the concept of having different trees to farm and putting players in a position where they have to collect all kinds of saplings.
I mean it's not really hard. With some bonemeal and a couple saplings, which are incredibly easy to get + treefeller, you can get stacks of wood in a few minutes. It's really just a quality of life thing that wouldn't do much but save time, imo.

I mean it's not really hard. With some bonemeal and a couple saplings, which are incredibly easy to get + treefeller, you can get stacks of wood in a few minutes. It's really just a quality of life thing that wouldn't do much but save time, imo.
Exactly. It's not difficult but it's one of those things that might cause a new player to explore around different worlds and put forth some extra effort to make something sustainable on their end as opposed to just keeping a few of the same trees around and turning them all into something else.

i actually love this idea :P it wont hurt the economy and gives a little flexibility in build style on the go. along with coloring glass and wool the 8 dollars a month would be worth it to builders! ♥
todo: find a way to break the economy with this feature.

@Mecharic How do you propose this recipe to work if it was a feature? Typically circular recipes involve placing the item on a crafting table and it automatically generates the next item, then you cycle through. You cannot do this with wood because of the various planks crafting recipes which would interfere.

@Mecharic How do you propose this recipe to work if it was a feature? Typically circular recipes involve placing the item on a crafting table and it automatically generates the next item, then you cycle through. You cannot do this with wood because of the various planks crafting recipes which would interfere.
It could be requiring two logs above/below eachother to trigger the new recipe

Could it be with 3 wood planks? Forming an reversed L shape? I don't think that's linked to anything (yet). Alternately, 3 vertically assembled.