Potential Mob Spawn Tweaks

Discussion in 'Feature & Idea Discussion - Archive' started by Enderren, May 23, 2018.

1. Enderren

Enderren

Recently, I've started construction on an underwater dome(With proper go aheads from staff) The problem is, the guardians spawn like rabbits underwater.

I have two ideas to help with this, since everyone knows that guardians are annoying to deal with and kill.
    (A) A new mob truce trait for guardians and Elder guardians.
    (B) Decreased guardian spawns.

With option A, the mob rates for guardians can stay the same, meaning prismerine blocks don't suddenly shoot up in price. As well as opening the door for more underwater building, lending more space to the worlds.
    With option B, since guardians are the only hostile mob that spawns, having the same hostile spawn rate for underwater mobs makes it so large ammounts of the same mob spawn in an area around a player. Lowing the spawn rate would, once again, allow more underwater building and openings for more creative ideas other than the "Build a wall and put buildings inside it".

2. FireFan96

FireFan96 Ever present, Ever seeing Staff Member Lore2

I'm for this because guardians are a pain in the butt.

Also I would remove the "dated" tag from the title since that usually means a thread is irrelevant.

3. Lyee

Lyee Your Best Enemy

I'd have to agree that Guardians spawning is WAY too frequent and inconvenient, and I think that option B would be better. Increasing the price of an item is something I think kinda needs to be done with many things, and Prismarine should be one of those rarer blocks. However, guardians do provide a challenge to making things by the ocean, which could be seen as a cool aspect. In the case that a challenge is what people want, then option A would be better. But maybe we could just try and do both...

4. Enderren

Enderren

Oh, To be honest I thought it would add the date when i posted it... I was kinda tired when I made this. How do i remove the dated tag?

Also, glad you agree Lyee

Edit: Nevermind, figured it out.