Archived Potato Rain!

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.

Nioxed

Beggar
Reaction score
Faction
ShimmerLeaf
quick little idea for another "event" thing

when it gets activated it will rain potatos near online players for a while, these potatos will despawn a bit faster then normal items (to make sure it doesnt lagg to much)

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I think if just one or a few potatos fell down on each player fell down, saying something like "Hail <player>, Bringer of Potatos!" Rather than continuous rain of potato, that would probably make a massive lagstorm

no, just no. This idea would general cause too much lag given the fact that there are almost always (at least at my time) 200 players online, if this happened too all 200 players all at one time the lag would crash the server, now what you could do is yes make it into a massive shop thing, and you could give the illusion that potatoes are raining, or items are dropping then they dissapear as soon as they hit the floor, then a set number will appear in your inventory.

no, just no. This idea would general cause too much lag given the fact that there are almost always (at least at my time) 200 players online, if this happened too all 200 players all at one time the lag would crash the server, now what you could do is yes make it into a massive shop thing, and you could give the illusion that potatoes are raining, or items are dropping then they dissapear as soon as they hit the floor, then a set number will appear in your inventory.
It honestly wouldn't be that many. As long as a ridiculous amount of potatoes don't spawn per player, it wouldn't be that big of a deal. Just doing simple things like nether mining or haste 2 mining could easily generate more items then this, and these events don't cause any noticeable lag.

Why can't the potatoes rain on a more thinly spread, but world wide basis, and disappear within an incredibly short amount of time?