Archived Possible Fix To Rift Between Factions, Rp, And Pvp

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.

EternallyDarkX

The Estranged Ruler of Ended
Reaction score
Faction
Ended
Kingdom
Ended
This is going to be VERY broad, and its a heated debate among-st several of my friends, but if the RP/Regalia city was moved to Essalonia, it could possibly encourage travel and a tighter knit player base than the discordant and separate player base we currently have. This could loop everything together, lore could branch, factions RP could be moved back in to lore compliancy minus CoK/N which is a point based system. This would ALSO allow for more possible recruits, more chances of new pvprs, new factions, and a possible boom in general.

Last edited:
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Regalia is a resource demanding world. I learned that as world staff, I do not think it changed.

yea, lag it causes would not be worth it imo

This has been debated for several hours now on the massivecraft factions discord, I'd appreciate if staff could keep a close ear to the ground on this topic @CnocBride

Regalia currently isn't sharded onto a separate server, so I don't think condensing the two into one map would effect tps, would it? Honest question.
Probably not, but also keeps us from benefiting from sharding in that manner once sharding is done.

Probably not, but also keeps us from benefiting from sharding in that manner once sharding is done.

That's a fair point I spose. But if it reignited interest in factions, wouldn't that be worth it?

I... uh... wouldn't go in regalia either way so I voted that I wouldn't go for this suggestion. I don't oppose it I just chose the answer that skews the data the least. I suggest a change to the poll

i mean i dont really care it'd be pretty litty but don't you think lag would be worse? also, is there even enough space for regalia in essalonia while also leaving plenty of land to explore and make factions out of? idk doesn't seem like a bad idea but idk how'd it work and not look like it was obviously just pasted in the middle of nowhere without remaking essalonia or somethin

i mean i dont really care it'd be pretty litty but don't you think lag would be worse? also, is there even enough space for regalia in essalonia while also leaving plenty of land to explore and make factions out of? idk doesn't seem like a bad idea but idk how'd it work and not look like it was obviously just pasted in the middle of nowhere without remaking essalonia or somethin
It would be the same amount of lag as there is right now. If I were the world team I would just rebuild Regalia with Essalonia in mind since they have the prebuilds being done anyways.

If I remember properly, a lot of server/world-wide lag is caused by whats in the loaded chunks, and spawn chunks are always loaded. As as long as Regalia wasnt a spawn chunk, and considering the new design would be smaller and less intensive anyway, I dont think this would cause many TPS issues bar some larger events which happen from time to time.

That being said, work on V5 is already underway in its own world, like, terrain and placement is set already, so I don't see thing being super likely. Maybe in 3-5 years V6 can take this into account though lol.

Given the fact itd have to not look just copied and pasted, it'd definitely take some work but could definitely be pulled off and get rpers back out of regalia and back into the survival world. Given that all three categories (Rp, Factions, Pvp) are all struggling to find players itd help move people more together instead of separating it. This could potentially make the community more tighter knit, bring back pvp with wars and such between factions and lore cannon factions. (Of course we wont have werewolves or something) but more races could be introduced, youd have more reason to see certain races flourishing in certain factions, and travel would be widely encouraged again. And while I know theres a lot of work being done on V5 said world could be used for something else like another quest world or an event type deal, while moving rp back to the survival worlds. And I KNOW someone will bring up CoN but CoN still caters towards keeping rp in regalia than bringing it back to the fac world. Its viewed as a contest for building and fighting. IMO, this could possibly bring people out of regalia of their own volition back out into the factions. And with the addition of quests and such that other players have brought up it could really have it thrive. Players could stay longer, lore could branch out and expand. And I know it's a crazy/risky idea but with good execution it wouldn't effect much as people could stay in regalia, others could venture out, factions could get more people, and the server could have less of the "Rp is so gay and I hate rpers" and the "pvprs are so toxic, I hate them too" mindsets.

If I remember properly, a lot of server/world-wide lag is caused by whats in the loaded chunks, and spawn chunks are always loaded. As as long as Regalia wasnt a spawn chunk, and considering the new design would be smaller and less intensive anyway, I dont think this would cause many TPS issues bar some larger events which happen from time to time.

That being said, work on V5 is already underway in its own world, like, terrain and placement is set already, so I don't see thing being super likely. Maybe in 3-5 years V6 can take this into account though lol.
Wait until v6? I really doubt that is feasible, this is being pushed now for the servers sake, v5 is being worked on and as a member of staff told me regalia can be cut and pasted in if this got approval

Given the fact itd have to not look just copied and pasted, it'd definitely take some work but could definitely be pulled off and get rpers back out of regalia and back into the survival world. Given that all three categories (Rp, Factions, Pvp) are all struggling to find players itd help move people more together instead of separating it. This could potentially make the community more tighter knit, bring back pvp with wars and such between factions and lore cannon factions. (Of course we wont have werewolves or something) but more races could be introduced, youd have more reason to see certain races flourishing in certain factions, and travel would be widely encouraged again. And while I know theres a lot of work being done on V5 said world could be used for something else like another quest world or an event type deal, while moving rp back to the survival worlds. And I KNOW someone will bring up CoN but CoN still caters towards keeping rp in regalia than bringing it back to the fac world. Its viewed as a contest for building and fighting. IMO, this could possibly bring people out of regalia of their own volition back out into the factions. And with the addition of quests and such that other players have brought up it could really have it thrive. Players could stay longer, lore could branch out and expand. And I know it's a crazy/risky idea but with good execution it wouldn't effect much as people could stay in regalia, others could venture out, factions could get more people, and the server could have less of the "Rp is so gay and I hate rpers" and the "pvprs are so toxic, I hate them too" mindsets.
Fully agree!!

Please be aware though, Tech are knee deep in MassiveSharding implementation, testing and coding.

From what I've read sharding is one of the highest priorities of tech staff right now.
I read from that that separating rp and survival is desirable from the perspective of better using limited server resources. The problem is more of a technical nature.

The again, even if technical issues could be overcome, a problem arises when merging rp world and faction world; huge empires, castles with lava lakes, babilonian Zigurats, piston doors and guys wearing diamond armor fit the faction world but are hard to fit on the server lore, more so in the regalian archipielago.

From what I've read sharding is one of the highest priorities of tech staff right now.
I read from that that separating rp and survival is desirable from the perspective of better using limited server resources. The problem is more of a technical nature.

The again, even if technical issues could be overcome, a problem arises when merging rp world and faction world; huge empires, castles with lava lakes, babilonian Zigurats, piston doors and guys wearing diamond armor fit the faction world but are hard to fit on the server lore, more so in the regalian archipielago.
WHAT!!??? I have yet to see any of the above in factions lmao to be fair I have yet to see you in factions lmao, forget about the lore for once, we are pushing this for the servers sake, if you don't like the idea fair enough, all are entitled to their opinion, this was started on a discord started by staff, now after allot of debate it's time to air it on the forums, this was not a random idea but actually one debated with staff and players for several hours

@Jalapeno690 Ease up on the hot sauce, I can feel the heat from over here.

@Proudbucket Regarding the lore issue. What if the lore was enforced inside the city limits and outside of that it's less stringent? That way people don't feel the need to fit every little thing in the whole world in with the lore, rather just the city.

@Jalapeno690 Ease up on the hot sauce, I can feel the heat from over here.

@Proudbucket Regarding the lore issue. What if the lore was enforced inside the city limits and outside of that it's less stringent? That way people don't feel the need to fit every little thing in the whole world in with the lore, rather just the city.
No heat on my part, I just rather roleplayers opened up and thought about the bigger picture, I invite @Proudbucket to celetil to come and see exactly what our faction is like, ours is based around dwarves and quite pleasing to the eye, this invite extends to all roleplayers

If you think about it, the lore still has characters coming from worlds that don't even exist anymore. But, the empires and such outside of the city could be petty nobles or small kingdoms. Ill post a list that was compiled on discord below of certain ideas. These of course could be expanded on, added to, and rewritten if needed. So instead of RP being Regalia centered, it'd be centered as the world.

-The world itself could have baseline lore, primary things, like Races, world background, different religions, etc.
-Factions take said baseline lore, write lore for their factions with base lore in mind.
-Pvp factions could be militaristic, dictatorships, tribes, or whatever. Like what Raptum did with the mass of Qadir like meme-y names they had.
-Rp factions could be certain races, or even a mix of races and their build style and rp lore and such could reflect said design. (Think of it, a faction full of Lampars, or Isldars, or Orcs, Each with unique build style made to reflect who lives there,)
-Some factions could allow vampires some not
-If people didnt want to be raided by said pvp or "militaristic" factions / tribes they could make alliances with people who not only could defend lore wise but also pvp wise.
-Factions would be booming. Players would stay in essalonia and itd encourage travel to other factions to see friends or other characters
-Said factions that have "Kingdoms/Empires" would be recognized, but only recognized as small or petty.

If you think about it, the lore still has characters coming from worlds that don't even exist anymore. But, the empires and such outside of the city could be petty nobles or small kingdoms. Ill post a list that was compiled on discord below of certain ideas. These of course could be expanded on, added to, and rewritten if needed. So instead of RP being Regalia centered, it'd be centered as the world.

Just because the maps don't exist doesn't mean the continents vanished lore wise really.

Beyond that the Empire owns the islands of the Archipelago, especially the main island of Regalia which is lore wise half city half forests reserved for hunting by nobles. So it doesn't quite fit without some reworking of a lot of things.

In a perfect world where Minecraft wasn't a janky piece of crap, this idea would be fantastic. As it stands though the Lore doesn't fit it and the tech to support it doesn't even exist properly. If Regalia was kept very small, maybe, but even then I can't see both sides not suffering lag/tps wise after a little digging into it.

Just because the maps don't exist doesn't mean the continents vanished lore wise really.

Beyond that the Empire owns the islands of the Archipelago, especially the main island of Regalia which is lore wise half city half forests reserved for hunting by nobles. So it doesn't quite fit without some reworking of a lot of things.

In a perfect world where Minecraft wasn't a janky piece of crap, this idea would be fantastic. As it stands though the Lore doesn't fit it and the tech to support it doesn't even exist properly. If Regalia was kept very small, maybe, but even then I can't see both sides not suffering lag/tps wise after a little digging into it.

It would be the same amount of lag as there is right now. If I were the world team I would just rebuild Regalia with Essalonia in mind since they have the prebuilds being done anyways.

Lore can be rewritten, as proven by how changes have and are being made all the time. And as @Kerfloosh said, it'd be no different as they aren't on two different sharded servers rather the same. I personally think the main issues would be the influx of players, and the addition of more entities in the world. But that could be countered as well.

Well...This is an interesting idea to see someone other than myself bring up. Prior to the reset I had brainstormed how to bridge the gap between RP and Factions and this idea had crossed my mind. That's my main concern, how we bridge that gap is up to the community and ultimately up to the staff. CoN is a good start, but had this concept maybe come to the attention of the community sooner(Prior to restart/reset) I'd think it'd had been a great idea. That being said, it's a little too late; Essalonia is an established world, Regalia is still primarily situated on its own land mass, and if my understanding is correct, Regalia is getting a revamp on a new map. Could Regalia get thrown into Essalonia and the lore be reworked to fit it? Yes, though I'm not certain that change would improve the server any at this current point.