Port In The Coming Storm

Discussion in 'Regalian Roleplay' started by Doc_Cantankerous, May 21, 2017.

1. Doc_Cantankerous

Doc_Cantankerous Second Foundationer

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    On a dark, stormy evening in May, the Supreme Reverend shuffled up before those gathered for evening mass to deliver the Sermon for the evening. His words rang down the nave of the Imperial Cathedral, capturing the attention of all who heard.

“There is an old proverb among the clergy of Ithania that I have been thinking more of these days past. ‘If patience is worth anything, it must endure to the end of time. And a living faith will last in the midst of the blackest storm.’ As I look East, into the coming storm of war, I find it the opportune time to stop and look about myself at all that is near. I look at the well worn bricks of the main avenue of this magnificent city, and at the trees the grow mighty; planted by our parents’ grandparents. As my gaze shifts from the scenery, I look to the multitude of people that walk our streets, at the brave and loyal citizens of the Empire, whose hard work and integrity have weathered countless storms. Yet I see signs of fear, of terror for loved ones who will ship off to war in the coming days. The brave men and women, who stand resolute and strive to further the Great Way, and who are the shield that guard our way of life are truly deserving of Paradise with the Spirit. Let us not allow their sacrifice, or the sacrifice of the many who have already joined the Spirit, be forgotten and their graves trampled upon by squabbling between souls.

Rare is it, that within one’s lifetime, they would bear witness to a singular Pillar of the Great Way constructed. Yet we are truly blessed, that we faithful have been graced with not one Creed, but two Creeds within our lifetimes. How blessed we who gather in these hallowed halls are that the Spirit continues to guard and keep those in the Faith from every evil. Yet this week past, we have been gifted a new Pillar to further guard our faith. Blessed Emperor Cedromar has revealed a new truth to us, one that many may have taken for granted or simply forgotten.

“Non-believers bear no skill or tool capable of defeating the Imperial Spirit...Their denial does not impede the Spirit, but their hands may aid it, so that in time, providence and affirmation will soften their mind, and be waxed to practice Unionism like the arm does the sword.”

And how good this Creed truly is! For the Twelfth Creed plants firm the shield of Unionism. Now I hear cries of this Creed weakening Union. This is folly, I tell you, for the Creed is truer to the Great Way than rain and wind to the storm! For this Creed does nothing to diminish the glory, the radiance, the wonder that is the Imperial Spirit. What it truly brings is the strong arm of the faithless to the betterment of the Empire, striving to fulfill the demands of the Spirit within the Fourth Creed, of seeing Regalia and Ailors ruling over the entirety of the world. For those who lift their sword for the Empire, that die for the Empire, serve the Spirit and the Emperor even if they do not recognize the divinity of the Emperor. If one believes themselves a faithful servant of the Empire, let them pray to their backwards idols that the Empire continues. If one is a true child of Union, let them reach out, peacefully and earnestly, to show our fellow man what the true glory of the Emperor is.

As we look into the coming storm, let us not tremble in fear, but look to the storms we have already triumphed over. Let us look back at previous Emperors, who have guided us from the Radiant Throne since the dawn of the Empire. I hear whispers, debating what it means to be a ‘good’ Emperor, talk I find deeply troubling. Every Emperor is a ‘good’ Emperor, for each Emperor rules with the Spirit. Had the Spirit not believed that the mortal vessel of man be worthy of salvation, it would not have revealed itself to Theomar the First all those years ago. Each Emperor, in their own, served the Empire dutifully until their time came to an end. And to those who point fingers that those Emperors who have military training have been better, I ask you this, how much of history has been at peace compared to war? Look around at how this Empire peacefully exists together as one, yet is made of countless pieces of intricate design the scope of which is beyond our mortal understanding. Three Cycles of the year are devoted to peace, to bettering the mind, yet only one is devoted to war. To call one who strives to further the Empire without bloodshed weak is to say that the farmer who grows your grain is weak. Those that pursue the sword and spear are as loyal and as devoted to the Great Way as those who strive to further the Empire through the pen and word, yet all pale in comparison to the glory of the Emperor. The Imperial Spirit reveals itself to those whom it deems worthy of the glorious mantle. It was the Spirit that planted the seeds of the Dragon Settlement Act in the minds of Alexander the First, for the Spirit is omniscient and everlasting beyond all mortal ideas. We should not stoop low to question the decisions of the Spirit, for such ideas are as heretical as our lost brothers and sisters of the Vultars.

As for the clouds gathering on our home front, I look to you, fair brothers and sisters in the Spirit, that we trust in the judgement of the Emperor. It has been less than a day, yet venomous words reach my tired ears of distrust in the new Undercrown. I say to you, beloved siblings, that we must stand united, instead of divided. Personal anger and vengeance will only lead to the downfall of our Empire, and of our way of life. To those who tell me that the Sancella is dormant and does not act rashly enough, I say to you, The Spirit works in all things, yet it is not seen, yet it is believed without a doubt that It's influence is there. So too is it with the Sancella, supporting the Empire from behind the curtain so that the many may continue to further the Great Way in their own way. Claims that the Sancella does nothing reflects on the soul that makes such claims. It takes a slothful soul to point a finger and tell another to fix the problems that they see in the world while others diligently work to ensure that all are taken care of. Hubris and pride cloud the eyes of many, but we should let pass the feelings of anger and wrath. For the storm that is coming cares not for who did what, but will equally destroy all those who are ill-prepared. Look to the coming dawn, for the storm is nearing. Neben Mir.

At the conclusion of his Sermon, several Curates were so moved by the speech quickly transcribed it to paper, and sent it off to the Sancella printing presses to be spread across the Empire for clergy all over to read and spread the word.
    [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 17