Popcorn Character Study

Discussion in 'Roleplay Discussion' started by Goldifish, Feb 15, 2020.

1. Goldifish

Goldifish texan (derogatory)

Hey, so, I thought it'd be fun to play a game of popcorn but theme it with questions geared towards character development.

If you've never played popcorn before, basically you start off with a question that you answer from someone before, but you ALSO have to answer the question before you. If there's a question you really wanna answer, you can also just answer it and not ask a question. If you have multiple characters answer for, that's also fine. For example:

<ExampleForFormat>
    Answer: I really like dogs, and so does my character! When they were a kid, they had twelve dogs for hunting.

Question: If your character had to pick one place in Aloria to visit, where would it be and why?

Here's the starting question:
    If your character had to pick a new race, what would they pick?

• Like Like x 1
    #1 Goldifish, Feb 15, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
  2. SignoreScafuto

SignoreScafuto MassiveCraft's token ethnic

My character, Faustina D'Affricano, would probably become a full Varran, and the same subtype as her father, her being a half Varran, having already experienced life as being raised essentially as an Azzizzari Ailor.

If your character had to pick a new culture, what would it be?

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. CyberMo01

CyberMo01 Not a Robot

Cieli would probably become a Suvial Altalar. Their more calm outlook on life appeals to her, so I feel like if she was forced to change cultures she would go that way.

How does your character feel about spring?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Goldifish

Addie's a big fan of cooler temperatures because of her upbringing in swamplands.

If your character lived in current times, what would their favorite food be and why?

5. MyCatBubbles

MyCatBubbles Massivecrafts Schizo

My character, Mathias would no doubt be an avid eater of pizza pops or anything that can be heated up quickly in a microwave, its simplicity for his somewhat busy life would be much appreciated. I'd say the only reason he DOES try to cook good food is because the microwave wasn't invented yet.

If your character was emperor and/or had full power, what changes would they make? How would they lead? What of nobility? Commoners? How would they act on crime? etc.

• Like Like x 1
    • Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
  6. CainsTedTalk

CainsTedTalk Desert Creatures go brrr

If Joshua Boyd was Emperor, things would change for more than likely the worse. Take a step back in time and into its more conservative period however it would more than likely end in civil wars, purges, the likely.

If your character could have a superpower what would it be?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Goldifish

Gosh, Addie would have the superpower of speed. She always need to be in twenty different places at once and fighting would be a breeze!

What's something you think is cool about your character that never gets brought up in RP?

8. CyberMo01

CyberMo01 Not a Robot

My character, Nallia, has the ability to make soul rivers appear. It's mostly an aesthetic thing, but I've yet to encounter a situation where I think it's appropriate to use it or bring it up.

What's your characters posture like?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Goldifish

Addie slouches terribly.

Why did your character come to Regalia?

10. CainsTedTalk

CainsTedTalk Desert Creatures go brrr

Joshua came to regalia looking for work, and to live in an Urban life style for a time.

What is your characters religion and why?

• Like Like x 1
  11. MippyMoo

MippyMoo Resident Sad Corpse Man

My Half-Orc, Khurgah Diakité, was adopted by a Songaskian family later in her life before she reached maturity, and her non-Orc half was Songaskia. She retains some aspects of her Orc religion, keeping ideals such as constantly training to strengthen oneself and remaining loyal to those close to her as well as certain Orcs. However, she was further raised in the Shambalan faith, having a much higher belief in it of 8/10.

What's the most ambitious character idea you've ever had, and did you ever get a chance to play them, or will they forever stay a concept?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Goldifish

My most ambitious character idea was Alyona, the daughter of my old de Santigo and Pyotr, Heikki's half-orc son. Her genetics made her massive and beefy, but I played her at such an awkward time between college that she flopped and I never went anywhere with her.

Your character has to star in a movie (of real life) and replace an actor, what would the movie be and who would they play?

• Like Like x 1
  13. DedJok

DedJok skilled in ways beyond your feeble understanding Staff Member Lore2

Denzel Waywood would play (Or I suppose voice act) the Onceler from the Lorax, Jurgyn Myer would be Dr. Robotnik from the Sonic movie, and Stanley would play.. an extra, from anything honestly.

Your character finds themselves locked in a room with no escape, what's their plan of action?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Cipherition

Cipherition Welcome to White Space.

Arien would take a long nap until the room opened. She needs it.

If your character were in a video game (besides minecraft), which game would they be in?

• Like Like x 1
  15. CyberMo01

CyberMo01 Not a Robot

Cieli would be in Dragon Age. Considering the two characters she was inspired by (Zevran and Dorian Pavus) are apart of that franchise, it would only make sense that she's in it.

What sort of movies would your character like?

• Like Like x 1
  16. Goldifish

Addie would totally be down for rom-coms. I hate rom-coms, but seeing happy love stories falling together just right would make her extremely happy!

Your character is stranded on an island. Tag three friends they would have there and name 5 things they would bring.