Playero - An Apology

Discussion in 'Regalian Roleplay' started by Kibaa, Jan 30, 2021.

1. Kibaa

Kibaa Regalian Senator

divider 2.png
    AN APOLOGY TO FRIEND AND FOE
    dvidier 1.png
    ֆpirit's greetings to any and every reader. My name is Xabi Playero. Some of you may remember me​
    as the author of the controversial Playero Files, a groundbreaking collection of classified information which I had no choice but to leak after Casa Playero was convicted of treason. Others might very well not have a clue on as to who I am, and that is fine. I am a man who has committed many, many mistakes, and, for a long time, lacked the courage to confront my wrongdoings. I've hid from the law, and from service to the empire; hid behind excuses and perceived injustices, and done just about everything imaginable to avoid having to do what's right.

Two months ago, I vanished from Regalia. Although I was looking out for my personal safety with​
    regards to a bounty placed on me by the Lich Lord Xilthruum, the truth is that I was simultaneously using this reality as an excuse to hide from the consequences of the crimes and mistakes I committed after my brother, Isidoro, was wrongfully taken from this world. I have sins to atone for, wrongs to right, and a city to apologize to.

I would like to begin to by apologizing to my family, for not being there when they needed me the most.​
    To my dearest sister, Simone, I'm sorry I could not be there for your wedding. I can't imagine what it must have been like to be absent of your two brothers. To my cousin, Eloi, I'm sorry things are the way they are now. Had I been there for you and the family, I'd like to think that perhaps this house would not have been led down the treacherous path it has taken. Thank you, dearly, for listening to me and doing what's right in having turned yourself in as well recently. And, to my cousin, Armando, I'm sorry I could not be there to prevent you from being kidnapped. I sincerely hope you'll forgive me.

I apologize to Count Abelhard Latimer, for the accusations and foul words once projected by Casa​
    Playero onto him and his family. Casa Playero, as all of you should, hereby commends the loyalty to the Empire presented by House Latimer at the most recent Noble Assembly. Whatever misgivings and frictions that were once present between our two Houses, are all certainly forgotten and forgiven.

Perhaps most importantly, I apologize to the Chancellery, most notably to former Lord Chancellor
    Drachenburg. Lord Drachenburg, once upon a time, bestowed upon my house a chance at redemption, a chance which I squandered, spoiled, and ran from. When I authored the infamous Critique of Arcane Law, I blatantly disrespected the goodwill of Lord Drachenburg, disrespected his house, and disrespected the Empire. After the subsequent bounty placed on my head, I ran, and in my cowardice, solidified the Playero name as dishonorable. I apologize, both to House Drachenburg and the aristocracy as a whole. To slander, I have pled guilty. To evasion of arrest and justice, I have pled guilty. To the fabrication of my own death, I have pled guilty.

And so, although there are many more individuals that I very well owe an apology to, it is without a doubt true that actions speak louder than words.​

A very humble thank you goes out to Lord Commander Viggo Sorenvik, for the mercy bestowed by​
    him onto my house, and for allowing me to restore honor to my house through community service to the Empire. It is a new age for Casa Playero, one of rectification, learning, and righteousness. In the name of the Crown Archipelago, Casa Playero will hereby act as the honorable example to Daenkind they ought to have been from the very beginning. I know that there is still much to be done with regards to restoring the Playero name, and so I hereby cast forth this apology as the first stepping stone down that path.

PUBLISHED BY: THE DAENDROQUE CULTURAL LIBRARY
    AUTHORED BY: XABI PLAYERO
    dvidier 1.png
    Signed, Xabi Playero
    divider 2.png

• Powerful Powerful x 10
    • Winner Winner x 1
    #1 Kibaa, Jan 30, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2021