Pending Review Player Quest System

Discussion in 'Roleplay' started by Mad_Gadfly, Apr 24, 2020.

1. Mad_Gadfly

Mad_Gadfly ◢◤

Hello everyone!

I'll keep this idea brief. A few years ago, players could submit Player Quests on just about any topic and the lore staff would eventually come around and process it - giving you a few bullet points that determined successes and failures. Over time, this became very overwhelming on staff due to the number of Player Quests being submitted, so now Player Quests can only be submitted if they're related to the ongoing story progression.

However, the old Player Quest system was a very immersive and useful tool for player-driven roleplay. Of course, I understand that players (commoner and noble alike) can drive roleplay through in-game interactions; that has been the primary way to do things and it has worked well. Still, the old Player Quest system allowed characters to travel to distant lands and interact with NPCs of interest in a way we just cannot do in-game. Especially now that the proficiency system is in place (which I think is great!), progression-based proficiencies like Command Tactic proficiency and the Study Proficiencies can rarely be used.

I know that a return to the old Player Quest system would be very labor-intensive, but I believe that it can be adapted so that a more interactive version of it is preserved. I was hoping to see how the community would feel about returning to the old Player Quest system, but instead of requiring staff to process all of the Player Quests, have an application for the Player Quest submitted. If the Player Quest application is approved, then it would be processed. If it isn't, then it wouldn't be. This way, there is more flexibility in the type of Player Quests that can be submitted, and the aspects of the old system that I found to be so fun would be preserved.

I admit that I may have misunderstood how the current Player Quest system works. I went off of what is on the wiki page, and I tried asking around to see if it was outdated or not. If my idea is based on a misunderstanding, I apologize, and please let me know what the misunderstanding was.

Thank you for your time!

• Like Like x 7