Archived Player Heads

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BornAsLegend

Dragon and Cow
Reaction score
Faction
Nordics
Kingdom
Winter Empire
Hello Folk of Massivecraft!

When you vote you got the chance of your own head as price. But still when I P-v-P, I only get Chattags as reward or their godweapons.. not enough for me! So my suggestion was to be able to get player heads as drop.

Option One: Everytime you kill a player you get his/her head!
Option Two: There is a chance of 25% to get his/her head!

-greetings Sahr'o

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I disagree with this. This could cause trophy kills or assassinations to raise in number.

Example for Now;
  • Player 1 wants Player 3 dead.
  • Player 1 asks Player 2 to do it.
  • Player 1 thinks about it before realising there's not much in it.
  • Player 1 leaves it and just PvPs when the time comes.
Example with this implemented;
  • Player 1 asks Player 2 to do it, requesting the head for a trophy display.
  • Player 2 kills Player 3 and takes his head.
  • Player 1 hangs it on the front of his fortress as a brag/troll.
  • Player 4, while raiding Player 1, tells Player 3.
  • Player 3 asks for it to be removed.
  • Player 1 demands a refund from Player 2. Player 2 declines.
  • Player 1 pays Player 5 for Player 2's head etc. etc.
This would cause some trouble and more work dealing with head-trolls. Not supported.

As much as I like plugins like this idea, I have been on many servers with this idea, and it just ends up with massive walls of heads, doesn't really fit massive's idea in my opinion.

I think having it at like a 5-10% chance would be good.
Agreed!
I disagree with this. This could cause trophy kills or assassinations to raise in number.

Example for Now;
  • Player 1 asks Player 2 to do it.
  • Player 1 thinks about it before realising there's not much in it.
  • Player 1 leaves it and just PvPs when the time comes.
Example with this implemented;
  • Player 1 asks Player 2 to do it, requesting the head for a trophy display.
  • Player 2 kills Player 3 and takes his head.
  • Player 1 hangs it on the front of his fortress as a brag/troll.
  • Player 4, while raiding Player 1, tells Player 3.
  • Player 3 asks for it to be removed.
  • Player 1 demands a refund from Player 2. Player 2 declines.
  • Player 1 pays Player 5 for Player 2's head etc. etc.
This would cause some trouble and more work dealing with head-trolls. Not supported.
We can put the chance on 0.1% to 1% and make this more difficult!
As much as I like plugins like this idea, I have been on many servers with this idea, and it just ends up with massive walls of heads, doesn't really fit massive's idea in my opinion.
No,No dont think so! We can put the percent chance on minimal so that the head drop doesent end up like this!

I disagree. This would give a unique award for pvping, and would lead to a whole bunch of people merely headhunting, and/or posting people's heads outside their fortress, etc. Plus a lot of other problems that I don't have the patience to post.

I'm wondering if people won't search for other players on the DynMap, just to kill them to have a head. Players will have a head-hunger. Seeking to have so many different heads as possible.

However, it would make it more 'realistic'. But then it shouldn't be a kill, a head. It has to be rare. Like said above.

I do like the idea of your enemies severed heads resting on fence posts all around your fortress, but I think it could get a bit overused. I guess I'm neutral on this idea.

EDIT: Techpac's idea on the steve head drops seem nice. It averts those awkward moments when you see your own head on a pike...

People please think a bit and dont play like you are getting a hartinfarct!
I'm wondering if people won't search for other players on the DynMap, just to kill them to have a head. Players will have a head-hunger. Seeking to have so many different heads as possible.

However, it would make it more 'realistic'. But then it shouldn't be a kill, a head. It has to be rare. Like said above.
Dynmap Hide... Please... Dont mace mä angrey :P
I disagree. This would give a unique award for pvping, and would lead to a whole bunch of people merely headhunting, and/or posting people's heads outside their fortress, etc. Plus a lot of other problems that I don't have the patience to post.
What are you talking ? If the droprate is 0,01% people will be VERY VERY lucky to get such a head!

Everyone, Think this can be solved with minimal Spawn-Rate and can get a very nice thropy in battles!

This has been suggested before, and people have said that this would just lead to staff members or well-known players being hunted down for their heads. Also, making it a minimal spawn chance would just encourage people to constantly kill a single person over and over again to try to get their head.

That would completely devalue the existing heads.
All you would need to farm your head or someone elses head in your faction is an officer (for re invite) and said member.
Short instructions:
Member leaves - gets invited again - gets killed - joins - /f home
Rinse and repeat.

Not only that but it wouldnt make sense to have your RP alive but their head mounted on a wall. Personally I think just dropping steve heads would be fine for those who like impaling heass in front of enemy factions.

Although much of what you said is probably true, I disagree.

I believe having heads of the players killed near a Tribal Orc base on pikes outside said base would be an awesome thing to see.

Just imagine you're a hunter walking through a forest you've heard there are vampires holding out in. You come across a cave, and take a look inside. There's a door hidden at the wall, with Wooden Fences (Pikes) sticking out from the ground, with the heads of hunters that had come here before you!
and then... you hear something move behind you...

If anyone says that wouldn't be awesome bring me their head! (Ha.)

Supported! Kinda...

(Yes, I understand that vampires probably wouldn't be good enough at RP to set something as cool as that up :P)

(P.S. The head drop should be a lowered percentage.)

I don't believe having player heads is where MassiveCraft wants to go. tcarey already has already gotten his hands on my voting head twice, I rather not have some other faction with my head mounted on their wall.

Not only that but it wouldnt make sense to have your RP alive but their head mounted on a wall. Personally I think just dropping steve heads would be fine for those who like impaling heass in front of enemy factions.
Sounds good!
I don't believe having player heads is where MassiveCraft wants to go. tcarey already has already gotten his hands on my voting head twice, I rather not have some other faction with my head mounted on their wall.
BlaBla..You are telling me that you dislikes this because you where not able to hide your voting heads... Well thats kind of funny. But still I can understand you, to be clever enough to lose two heads which he cant even get if you put them in chests! Is just ... Genius!
Yeah this would be kind of a problem (chuckle).

Sounds good!

BlaBla..You are telling me that you dislikes this because you where not able to hide your voting heads... Well thats kind of funny. But still I can understand you, to be clever enough to lose two heads which he cant even get if you put them in chests! Is just ... Genius!

Yeah this would be kind of a problem (chuckle).

lol no actually, I gave the head to a friend. That friend gave it to another friend, and somehow Carrie~ got it. Then I begged for it back, he gave it back. A zombie killed me and picked up my head, I thought the zombie despawned but carrie fond the zombie and collected my head once again. But that is besides the point, Massivecraft doesn't need heads placed everywhere. It looks somewhat cheesy.

lol no actually, I gave the head to a friend. That friend gave it to another friend, and somehow Carrie~ got it. Then I begged for it back, he gave it back. A zombie killed me and picked up my head, I thought the zombie despawned but carrie for the zombie and collected my head once again. But that is besides the point, Massivecraft doesn't need heads placed everywhere. It looks somewhat cheesy.
Rofl, dafuq!? Top story... Its your opinion and I respect it!

Personally, there is truly no advantage to having somebody's head. Shouldn't chat messages and god weapons be enough for you? Heads can be abused in the following:
  • Repeated killing of somebody over a period of time can lead to the person's enemies wearing their head, ending up trolling and harassing them.
  • The PvP community, as I mentioned before, is so stupid and offensive toward not only each other, but the server as a whole. If this is done, they'll just harass each other - and unwanted individuals - by taking their head and mocking them with it.

Personally, there is truly no advantage to having somebody's head. Shouldn't chat messages and god weapons be enough for you? Heads can be abused in the following:
  • Repeated killing of somebody over a period of time can lead to the person's enemies wearing their head, ending up trolling and harassing them.
  • The PvP community, as I mentioned before, is so stupid and offensive toward not only each other, but the server as a whole. If this is done, they'll just harass each other - and unwanted individuals - by taking their head and mocking them with it.
I disagree because:

• People will now stay safe and think about going out and pvp.
  • You call us stupid for killing each other and beeing offensive? Bitch Please... Thats the point, they can try and get the heads back or they can surrender.

I disagree because:

• People will now stay safe and think about going out and pvp.
  • You call us stupid for killing each other and beeing offensive? Bitch Please... Thats the point, they can try and get the heads back or they can surrender.
1. You can't stay safe with 90 people hunting you down, it ruins pvp for some higher or well known people, and can be harassed.
2. Bitch please? You have just completely proven his point, Massivecraft doesn't allow players to harass one another or being complete arses to someone just because of a block that can be placed on your head, and that reason Certainly will not help your case.
But I do somewhat agree with Jack The Unseen, a head you could put on like a pole like a severed head would be cool, but just wearing them on your head will be quite different.
Support to heads, but No support in being worn.

1. You can't stay safe with 90 people hunting you down, it ruins pvp for some higher or well known people, and can be harassed.
2. Bitch please? You have just completely proven his point, Massivecraft doesn't allow players to harass one another or being complete arses to someone just because of a block that can be placed on your head, and that reason Certainly will not help your case.
But I do somewhat agree with Jack The Unseen, a head you could put on like a pole like a severed head would be cool, but just wearing them on your head will be quite different.
I have another point of view then you.

1st don't get killed. Try to stay alive instead of charging unarmed.
2nd make it like 0.0010% chance to get them
3rd Maybe let the chance goes up from training Axes and sword to make training more profitable?

Agree only to the last sentence :)

Or here's a suggestion, code the head drop to be a default type of "Knight's Head bearing a damaged helmet?"

Status
Not open for further replies.