Archived Petition To Save The Arachnid Race.

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ElfArcher9191

Master Of Stealth
Reaction score
It was recently announced that the arachnid like race is going to be removed. Now I know that the arachnid ''race'' was never supposed to be an official one. But, it intrigued players and made them want to play one. Several players have arachnid as their main characters, the removal of these few would cause lots of people to edit character applications because these characters just ''vanished''. So if you agree that we should keep the Arachnid race like it is, rate this post agree and say something in the comments (if you want) about why you think they should stay. Then if this petition gets higher I would like to suggest that the Arachnid race become official as maybe a sub-class of vespids.

~W

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I voted either way. Its not that I love or hate this race, or even that I want these people to have to redo their applications (which is a granted risk when RP'ing as a race that has yet to be made official), it is just that this doesn't affect me personally. Granted, I was so excited when I saw the Avarr, I did character art, created a character, and started building a massive aztec themed build with arena. I had such great plans for it but then they were removed, set to be redone if included at all. So I can sympathize with these people losing their race, but personally I have no opinion on the Arachne. I think they were cool, but being giant spider people... yeah that bugged me out a tad XD

You do understand that they are removing the race because it was flawed? Why would they keep it in if they didn't like the race.

I actually believe there was a reason behind the race being removed, it had quirks no one Rping as one could quite figure out and that's why the race was removed

Plus elements or Arachne will be put into the new vespid as a subrace, most likely, meaning character application edits will ideally be very low.

I think thats probably the best plan for dealing with the Arachne...

Make one big bug race and just have Torpid, Arachne, Vespid all subraces of it...

Peach, I read that "Make on big butt race" and nearly ruined my keyboard cause I was drinking soda...

That said, some form of Arachne should be kept - if cats, dogs, bears, and fish all have a race why not arachnids in general?

Honestly I dont see the point in it being removed, hell I didnt see much point in making it a new race entirely from vespid...why not just make it a vespid type like before.

I voted either way. Its not that I love or hate this race, or even that I want these people to have to redo their applications (which is a granted risk when RP'ing as a race that has yet to be made official), it is just that this doesn't affect me personally. [...]
The difference between Avarr and Arachne is: Arachne were an official vespid sub race for a very long time. They announced them to become a race on their own last october, along with the other new races.
That means, I created a character with an official/released race. And now everyone tells me it is my fault for playing an unfinished/unreleased race? WTF? o.O

Whatever, the staff is free to scratch evey race from lore released or not. The only thing that bugs me is, that I still don't have an official statement (if the Arachne are still allowed to play, or not) @Ryciera Can you say something about that? Are Arachni allowed to play their characters, or not? Because you said, they will become a sub race of the vespid again?

The difference between Avarr and Arachne is: Arachne were an official vespid sub race for a very long time. They announced them to become a race on their own last october, along with the other new races.
That means, I created a character with an official/released race. And now everyone tells me it is my fault for playing an unfinished/unreleased race? WTF? o.O

But see I was not aware of this. I have only been a part of the forums for 2 months, and have picked and chosen what races I would delve into at what times. I'm not saying you're at fault for playing as an 'unofficial race' when it's clear how much you had invested in this. If you get you race revived then good on ya. I look forward to seeing you in rp. But my vote is just me saying that personally, I have no reason to vote to keep them, or vote to get rid of them. Strictly neutral on this.

Whatever, the staff is free to scratch evey race from lore released or not. The only thing that bugs me is, that I still don't have an official statement (if the Arachne are still allowed to play, or not) @Ryciera Can you say something about that? Are Arachni allowed to play their characters, or not? Because you said, they will become a sub race of the vespid again?
Arachne might have to make a few minor edits. However, we're hoping a sub race of the upcoming new vespid will have very Arachne like features.

Arachne might have to make a few minor edits. However, we're hoping a sub race of the upcoming new vespid will have very Arachne like features.
Arachne-like...I feel like the real question is, "Will they be spiders?"

But see I was not aware of this. I have only been a part of the forums for 2 months, and have picked and chosen what races I would delve into at what times. I'm not saying you're at fault for playing as an 'unofficial race' when it's clear how much you had invested in this. If you get you race revived then good on ya. I look forward to seeing you in rp. But my vote is just me saying that personally, I have no reason to vote to keep them, or vote to get rid of them. Strictly neutral on this.
Sorry, this comment was not meant to offend you. I just read it so often during the last days/weeks and it always bugs me, because it's just not true. I just had to say it out loud.
I can fully understand your statement. :)

Thanks, but that doesn't really answer my question. >.<
-> Am I allowed to play as Arachne right now, or do I have to wait for the new vespid lore?

Arachne-like...I feel like the real question is, "Will they be spiders?"
No. There may be mandibles and extra legs, but they won't explicitly be spiders.

Sorry, this comment was not meant to offend you. I just read it so often during the last days/weeks and it always bugs me, because it's just not true. I just had to say it out loud.

Thanks, but that doesn't really answer my question. >.<
-> Am I allowed to play as Arachne right now, or do I have to wait for the new vespid lore?
Oh! I'm sorry. I'd hold off until the new vespid lore is out. That said, you could always focus on a secondary character if you haven't already. Playing two characters can create a really rich experience for those looking for one.

I actually felt as though I offended you and I felt bad for it haha :) But no you didn't offend me, no worries

Status
Not open for further replies.