Petition Regarding The New 'checkpoint'

Discussion in 'Regalian Roleplay' started by Wilvahelm, Aug 24, 2020.

1. Wilvahelm

Wilvahelm The Revolution Will Not Be Televised

[​IMG]

Petition regarding the new 'Checkpoint'
    Authored by the Concerned Citizens Against Needless Blockades (CCANB)
    To whom is reading,

This following document is a petition that outlines the dissatisfaction with local residents in the City of Regalia with the new 'Checkpoint' installed towards the entrance of Old Town, not far from the Wunderbar. With the deepest amount of respect and admiration for our City Guards and Peerage who worked towards the construction of the 'Checkpoint', we would like to express our own thoughts on the matter as stakeholders in the community and to provide feedback to improve on the experiences of Regalian citizens. The CCANB has summarized our qualms with the project in several neat and succinct points of contention. The following of these are:

• the 'Checkpoint' ruins the feel of the Holy City and makes it seem as though it is a war-zone, not the Crown in the Jewel of the Archipelago.
    • the 'Checkpoint' looks ugly and is gross to the eye.
    • the 'Checkpoint' does not, in fact, deter crime. It is noted that criminals can take the other bridge, next to the Nook.
    • the 'Checkpoint' creates needless and unnecessary levels of foot-traffic.
    • the 'Checkpoint' uses intimidating guards, who though honourable with well-intentions, are scary.
    • the 'Checkpoint' guards require to give our intentions as to why we are walking through our own city. We question the need for this, as a real criminal/aberrant would not admit that they are intending to steal/rob/plunder/destroy.
    • the 'Checkpoint' will restrict nearby citizens who live close, forcing them to use the 'Checkpoint' a needless amount of times.
    • the 'Checkpoint' deters customers to the very popular Wunderbar, as the intimidating structure may scare new visitors to the city.
    For these reasons, the CCANB asks that the checkpoint is removed. If this clause can not me met however, we have supplied useful directives to help improve the 'Checkpoint', should it not be removed entirely. The following advice is, as follows:
    • a fresh coat of paint on the 'Checkpoint', as to make it fit in with the scenery. A touch of purple paint could not hurt.
    • enforce the guards that sentinel the 'Checkpoint' to say "Have a nice day" as we pass through, so to create a more welcoming atmosphere.
    • give local residents who live close to the 'Checkpoint' a special admission card/and or clearance, as so they can pass through without the need to address a guard.
    • remove the requirement for the guards to ask us what we are doing, or make it a voluntary admission.
    • use signage on the 'Checkpoint' to inform travelers that the Wunderbar is still on the other side, should they want to visit.

Spirit Bless,
    Sebastien Delecluze
    Concerned Citizen and Founder of the CCANB
    [OOC: The following would be sent to the Latimer Residence and nailed to the front of the Checkpoint, as so the ordinary public can read it.]

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Cuddles! Cuddles! x 2
    • Immersive Immersive x 1
    • Powerful Powerful x 1
  2. studsonsc

studsonsc the only son.

A letter would be pinned to the flyer above!

[​IMG]
    Dear Fellow Regalian,

I write this as the Commander who reached out to the Lord Chancellor regarding this Checkpoint. Why was it put in? For the following reasons listed below:

• Our beloved Wunderbar & Arena has been attacked time and time again by Werebeast and Vampires alike, even the Shadowman this exact day outside of the Colosseum itself.
    • The District of Talon Court, Wunderbar, the Stronghold and so forth have become a breeding ground to gangs and kidnappings due to the traffic that comes in and out and the lack of guard presence in Old Town.
    • The continual failure of guards being present and able to react to such situations of conflict and attacks on the common person due to those in need having to dash across the Isle and call for guards.
    • The ongoing war of Vampires upon the Isle and attacking many of our nobles in order to wave their "power" above the heads of those within Regalia. And not only that of Peerage, but the women and children who walk through our streets and in and day out have been nabbed by the vicious creatures that lurk within alleyways to be held hostage in estates out of our reach. Tortured and forced into marriages to hold of our heads that we are not safe in our own homes and city.
    • Petalcourt has turned into that of a mess of ransacking of houses and the stealing of belongings.
    • The Arcanum Order in one day of the Checkpoint being up witnessed that of a madwoman pointing a cross-bow at someone's head, the potential kidnapping of Peerage, and the arrest of an assaulter.
    • The lack of security and connection between guards and the common man or woman. Due to being kept in Greygate, it is quite impossible for us to be able to interact and introduce ourselves to those passing through!
    These issues continue to rise and rise and end up on our desks to deal with, all too late where we are unable to stop the violence towards the common man and Peerage within the city.

Regarding your pointers of what would make you and those of your organization’s happiness and list of demands, how a Checkpoint has caused you such strife, I open your eyes then to the reality of our situation and the dire need for our city's guards to publicly react:

• Our city has become a war-zone. Vampires and Werebeasts fight one another, kidnap and threaten the lives of many common folk in the city; from Peerage, the common folk who have been brought in bloodied with broken bones, to even the daughter of one of my Guardsmen that now suffers memory loss from the trauma done to her.
    • The Checkpoint may not be the kindest on the eyes, but it is best to not waste State funding on the decorations of a Checkpoint that is not meant to last more than a few weeks till the issues listed above dwindle. Purple is also very expensive.
    • We've decided it best to keep the other bridges open as it stands for this is a first step, we did not wish to be overly aggressive with tactics and bring a fist down. If someone wishes to step around, then that is their choice. The same as lying to our faces when we ask of their intentions. We are here to help, to be seen and reached out to.
    • Why do we ask intentions? Conversation; to note the whereabouts of our citizens to better understand where to patrol, where we are needed, how we can better help those passing in and out. We wish to know about you, as I am sure you wish to know on our own intentions. Strum the conversation, pull us aside for a productive conversation on what we are doing with your tax coin.
    • The Wunderbar has not been effected by the Checkpoint, trust me, I've seen the bustling activity and have smelled their wonderful potato wedges from a far.
    • We already say our hello's and farewells, perhaps rather than biting at us you can pause and have a conversation with the guards wishing to converse as we're quite bored on the Checkpoint and observing the fun from afar.
    We are not doing this as means of oppression, we're doing this as the means of protecting those who come and go through the city. I've seen and witnessed the violence of those who seek the destruction of our city continue to reach and reach due to the lack of guard presence when we are needed. From the very richest of Peerage to the poorest of common folk, we have all suffered the reach of those who hide within the shadows.

The Checkpoint is not to oppress, it is to declare that the Regalian State and those who guard those within the city are not bending to the whims of madmen and madwomen. We will serve to protect and continue to do so under the graces of the Lord Chancellor and those we serve.

We are guards and we are here to guard those who suffer under the heel of the monsters of Regalia.

Signed, Commander of The Arcanum,
    Bloodcast Man-At-Arms,
    Court Mage to House Typhonus,
    Palest to Lady Cecille Typhonus,
    Nym'vrae Helvath.

• Winner x 37
    • Like x 1
    • Cuddles! x 1
    • Powerful x 1
    • Informative x 1
  3. Farly108

Farly108 Lanky Leg Extraordinaire

"Hmmmm, this seems like both thinly veiled kreiburg propaganda. And something some idiot came up with all by his damn lonesome. Besides the city could do with a bit of racial profiling, what with all the recent attacks."
    Came the voice of a well known old highlander as he perused the local message board. A small chuckle would eminate from him as he thought on it further. Soon however he would shrug his shoulders and continue on his merry way, as always cane striking the stone leading to the methodical and almost signature.
    Thunk... Thunk... Thunk...

• Winner Winner x 3
  4. Athelois

Athelois visceral bitch

"... Just walk around?" Vala murmured, squinting at the print as she lay in bed, tucked in and prepared to sleep for the night. "Most of the complaints the Arcanum get is because of crime at the Wunderbar. It is doing them the favour of having guards on hand, rather than spread throughout the city. Honestly, complain about something productive. Rally against something that actually matters, not something that inconveniences you for five minutes whilst you wait in line." The Shenath scoffed, passing the paper off to her husband. "White people," she grumbled as she sunk further into the bed.
    @Banard

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Powerful Powerful x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. NightLight12

NightLight12 TheRiceFieldman

"I will punch Latimer if he ask my name again"
    A hunter said after reading this post

• Powerful Powerful x 2
  6. Mr Toastybuns

Mr Toastybuns President of the Good Boy Club

The green hues of a particular Bloodcast bard read through the posting and then the pinned response from The Arcanum Commander. With an unamused grin, he shook his head.
    "And this is what he was trying to get me to sign, to oppose that? Hardly the affront on the people that he'd made it out to be." He mused aloud, turning to stroll off.​

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Winterless

Winterless The MVP of Romance RP

A Bloodcast Knight scanned over the notice, narrowing his eyes at the name signed at the bottom before letting out a small huff.

"..You're the bastard that knocked on the door of the house and tried to sell me banking opportunities, aren't you?" he commented to himself as he paced off.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. TheMoistestMan

TheMoistestMan Captain Regalia

"Scary looking Guards?!" Alice said with a suprised tone, followed by a soft pout. She leaned over to Sib, and poked her cheek. "Hey big girl, do I look scary to you??"
    @Sujitation

• Winner Winner x 3
  9. FeralGayWalnut

FeralGayWalnut Lesbian Worst Enemy

“Ruins the feel of the Holy City? Is this person blind? Have they not seen what is left of the Cathedral? A simple wall of thick wood and metal is not an eye sore when compared to that.” Remarked the Archan to a few of the other Arcanum members as she stood, perched on the very barricade they had built. “...He clearly hasn’t met me yet then. Scary is, as scary gets.” The woman briefly stuck the tip of her tongue out before huffing. “Concerned Citizen my arse.”

• Winner Winner x 2
    #9 FeralGayWalnut, Aug 24, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2020
  10. KrakenLord01

KrakenLord01 That Guy

By chance reading the same petition and with a cup of kaffee in his hand, Aq'uello would feel an ominous disturbance within him as if a Shenath somewhere had once again associated him with the Ailor, before the feeling passed for the Saivale like a bad dream or a haunting whisper.

• Powerful Powerful x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  11. Nicomachean

Nicomachean

Maximilien read over the petition, taking another puff of smoke from his pipe. He glanced between that and the documents to the right of him, sighing.

"I dont have time for all this political shit."

He then tossed the petition aside. Then, in almost a moment of remorse, he glanced back. Could he really ignore the growing criminal problem now that it affected his business?

"Nah," he said with almost a pained expression, taking another puff of smoke from the pipe in his right hand.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. bwmwags3

bwmwags3 Refugee

“My Gods, you’d thought a Banker or all people would know when to cut his losses pissing off Mercenaries, nobles, and now he seeks to piss of the arcanum.” The Url sighs. “Thank the Gods, we sent him off when he offered to invest for us. I like this checkpoint even if they are unlikely to attack my Family. It is not impossible so better the arcanum be there to Help then not.”

The Url grins seeing shadow man in the Commander’s response,
    “Always a show best have gotten that Top Hat back. Or maybe we just give him your Fez pup.” The Url jokes to him five year old. @Mollymock

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. HybrisVT

HybrisVT A totally serious person.

The Wunderbar Owner read over the posts, a brow raised as she crossed her arms, "I'm thankful to have less crime on my porch at least.. perhaps they should set up a permanent checkpoint..? Old town has brewed crime for years." with giving her five cents, returned to the Wunderbar to count coins.

14. mochha

mochha yolo Supremium

“Man, they’re really friendly. I don’t even know why people hate the guards.”

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 7
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    • Powerful Powerful x 1
  15. HeyitsNano

HeyitsNano The Messiah

Alaric Kreiburg read over the posts, before carelessly setting them both aside. “I am fond of that checkpoint. Saved Clarisse from being killed.”

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. KK134

KK134 Regalian Pioneer

If so many in this city worry over rushing to their tavern and the decoration of a checkpoint more than ending the sanguine and beast plagues, I’d think it needs more than a splash of purple.” The Sihndar chuckled at his own joke looking to the Ranth at his side.
    @G0atfather

• Like Like x 2
    • Powerful Powerful x 1
  17. canaaa

canaaa tea gremlin Staff Member PR2

Charlotte Hayes squints at the "ugly" checkpoint she'd spent all night prettying and flourishing, complete with little engravings and a painted SAMANTHA along its side. ".. Some folks just ain't got taste, huh?"

• Powerful Powerful x 3
  18. Sujitation

Sujitation Big ORC

“Mmm?” Sibÿllad grumbled, having been stuck with an earlier shift of guarding the barricade made the orken drowsy. But, after a few blinks and a glance over the paper on the wooden pillar, did she finally process what was said. “Baha! Yer as scary as a toy duck.” As a result of the poke to her cheek, the large woman just stuck her tongue out at Alice.
    @TheMoistestMan

• Winner Winner x 2
  19. KingdomKnightz

KingdomKnightz “White Knight” Extraordinare

A certain figure, donning the Knights’ crimson cloth amidst his darkened attire, stepped up- Scanning over the ‘petition’ with a hint of subtle amusement; Pressing the parchment back whilst he discarded such a frivolous proposal, until his attention met the Esta’lorn’s response pinned atop, viewing it over- “Couldn’t have said it any better than that.” Zelgius murmured to himself before returning to the checkpoint to stand guard once again.

• Winner Winner x 3
  20. Yui_Drax

Yui_Drax Loong Worshiper and Sihai Enthusiast

A Bloodcast Knight looked at the paper with a sigh, "Perhaps it was good to not let that man speak." He clenched his scabbard in his left hand while reporting his name and intent to pass the gate, giving a light chuckle at the thought of the petition once more.

• Winner Winner x 1
  21. Nathan

Nathan Regalian Patrician

House Kreiburg publicly endorses the checkpoint.

• Powerful Powerful x 6
  22. PresentMediator

PresentMediator You betcha Supremium

In response to the notice, this occurred by the sewer entrance. It was removed shortly after by Wilvamair Arnyn.​
    @Winterless @Katiesc

NYM.png

• Powerful Powerful x 5
    #22 PresentMediator, Aug 26, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2020