Archived Pet Bats

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

XxXYaJrAbXxX

Kingdoms Baby!
Reaction score
Faction
Jaholdril
I was thinking maybe the server should get/program a plugin which allows you to get pet bats in minecraft. The feature it could offer to the player is be able to blind people if there is an enemy and sand around them allowing the bat to swoop and throw sand in the eyes of the enemy. This will be on a timer so it cannot be abused and spammed. Anyone agree?

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I would love pet bats... they wouldn't even need to have any special ability lol, I just wanna walk through Regalia with a swarm of bats around me :P

Maybe not just bats ? I mean why not get more options ? You could have a pet zombie or maybe even an enderman:P

Mo creatures mod! Don't think it's for bukkit tho
it is a mod, requiring client-side install. wont be added :P.[DOUBLEPOST=1363721397][/DOUBLEPOST]
Ya but it will also be unrealistic for an elven king in his finist robes to have a bat following. So maybe not a zombie but maybe a bat and something else.
Im not really all-for the bats idea either, as Regalia would eventually become FILLED with people with their bat-armies. but maybe its just me :P

I like the idea of the pets but we can already spawn a wolf and ocellot with fish and bone so we would need something other then those two that would cater to every race.

Yes, yes. I very much approve of this idea. Ever since I saw my first bat I was like, "These would make great pets." Especially for vampires, even though I dislike them. Its not fair MrsBaver gets 2 of her very own pet bats and we can't :(.

Yes, yes. I very much approve of this idea. Ever since I saw my first bat I was like, "These would make great pets." Especially for vampires, even though I dislike them. Its not fair MrsBaver gets 2 of her very own pet bats and we can't :(.

soo true, and why not a pet cow,chicken, or sheep? . . . . . . . villager?

It would be cool if vampire's could pet bat's :) or maybe turn into one! :D

Check out AtomicStryker's pet bat pluggin for MC. It barely adds anything, so it wouldn't be a stress on the server. You can name the bat, and he gains XP progressively by hitting things. He levels up and his attacks get stronger as he gets better. Server compatible. To tame, you feed him a pumpkin pie, and when he's hurt, you throw a pumpkin pie on the ground and he swoops down and eats it. Also, if the bat dies, he comes back to your inventory, but you can't deploy him again 'til you give him more pie.
AtomicStryker's Pet Bats

PS: Imagine Mrs Baver with a swarm of bats around her, killing people? That would give me chills, honestly.

soo true, and why not a pet cow,chicken, or sheep? . . . . . . . villager?

Well bats are perfect because they don't really do anything, with sheep and cows, they're farm animals so it's a bit different. And villager companions would be kind of cool, once they can attack people >:D.

Why not making a plugin so vampire's can turn into bat's i made some random con's.
remember it's just an idea

Take's 50% more dmg by everything

Give's -90 dmg with everything

Has a high speed something like speed III?

Can jump 7 block's cause you know it's bat's with wing's :)

The vampire/bat has to stand still for 30 seccond's to turn into vampire/bat form

It would basically work like mobdisquise so other player's see you as a bat but you don't..

Having a pet bat sounds cool.

All the other suggestions are kinda over the top.

it is a mod, requiring client-side install. wont be added :P.[DOUBLEPOST=1363721397][/DOUBLEPOST]
Im not really all-for the bats idea either, as Regalia would eventually become FILLED with people with their bat-armies. but maybe its just me :P

Make it so you can only have 10 pet bats at a time?

Why not making a plugin so vampire's can turn into bat's i made some random con's.
remember it's just an idea

Take's 50% more dmg by everything

Give's -90 dmg with everything

Has a high speed something like speed III?

Can jump 7 block's cause you know it's bat's with wing's :)

The vampire/bat has to stand still for 30 seccond's to turn into vampire/bat form

It would basically work like mobdisquise so other player's see you as a bat but you don't..
Impossible. This requires either Spout or client side involvement.

Erm, remember that mobs in general take 70% of our CPU...just saying. This would require coding an AI for this mob, which I heard is horribly time consuming and hard. Also custom AIs are very resour e xemanding for the server. Thus, it will never or with a small chance come after sharding. Cayorion calls these plugins "Luxury additions" and refuses to code them in almost all cases.

We will never install mods on our server that need clientside modification. When the moddingAPI is out, we might consider adding some stuff.

Guys...with 1.5 you can customize mobs name tag but they can't follow you won't it be cool to name an bat called DILION and make it flying around xS[DOUBLEPOST=1363790609][/DOUBLEPOST]
Impossible. This requires either Spout or client side involvement.
Then great things happen that BATS dot burn during day time so it gives them an great chance to stalk ppl which I like to do alot....

Everyone seems to think it cannot happen because it needs "Clientside mods" but it has happened like the whole of tekkit was recreated into a bukkit plugin. Like ulumulu1510 said, this can only happen if CayOrion is willing to make the plugin.

Everyone seems to think it cannot happen because it needs "Clientside mods" but it has happened like the whole of tekkit was recreated into a bukkit plugin. Like ulumulu1510 said, this can only happen if CayOrion is willing to make the plugin.
I said that it also works with Spout. However, we do not support that client any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.