Archived Pawn Shop In The Market?

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.

Farryn

That single person who vanishes like a shadow.
Reaction score
Roleplay Guilds
None.
BEFORE anyone bothers posting, this thread is NOT about a shop that sells pawns. I dislike pawns and they taste horrible, I prefer sushi. So please, no going "Can I get pawns here?" or "Why a shop on fishfood?". This is a different type of pawn shop and I felt as though I had to place this here so you all don't get the wrong idea.

So I was wandering around the market a day ago and I really needed to sell some items in order to gain money for a rent of a house in Regalia. At the time, I didn't own a shop and I really didn't feel like killing mobs for regals or vote so I decided to go and find some shops that I can sell some items to for regals.
Let's just say they were really hard to come by. The items I had were ones I couldn't sell since no-one had a shop where you can sell your materials to that shop. It was very frustrating and I can understand if there are some users out there who feel the same way.

Then I remembered. On some servers I went on, mostly survival and RP, they would have a certain shop that users could sell items that were basic and just clodded up too much space in their inventory and chests. In return, they would earn money that is at the price the items are set on. The shop didn't have a limit or rent and I think the shop does work well with the Money plugin. Which is what most call a Pawn shop (I have no idea who came up with the name). So I think it would be nice for there to be a pawn shop, here on Massive.

Why should there be a Pawn Shop in Massive?
  • The Pawn Shop allows users to earn money in a different way, aside from just voting, buying a shop to sell, killing mobs and the other accessible ways of earning regals. Although you should still vote and kills mobs.
  • Saves users time from running around the market to find a shop that allows them to sell something to that shop.
  • Can possibly encourage more users to fight mobs or go mining, meaning their stats may rise.
  • Saves us from having overcrowded chests and, instead of using a lava bin to dispose the unwanted materials, we can instead earn money from them.
As far as I am aware, most Pawn shops tend to focus on a certain range of materials which are mostly the most unusable and most easily gained materials. The amount of money, or regals, you gain from a pawn shop mostly depends on how much money you gain from either just 1 to a stack of that material. However, the amount of money earned tends to be retentively low. It also depends on what price the item is being brought for at the Pawn shop. So down below is a list of the items the Pawn shop may buy. However, I am unsure on what the prices would be, but they would most likely be low.
  • Rotten flesh
  • Bones
  • String
  • Spider eye
  • Leather (Since Leather is rather rare, I would suggest this may be at a higher price than the rest)
  • Seeds
  • Raw chicken
  • Raw beef
  • Raw pork
  • Fish
This is just an idea I had thought of so please don't go full on anger mode on me. However, there is a poll above so do feel free to vote and also give feedback on this ides, give your opinion and maybe even suggest an idea or two. Also, respect all opinion folks. xD

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Personally, I think it would add to much money into the economy, as I doubt many people would buy much there, while quite a few would most likely sell there, causing the server to have to create money from nowhere to pay players for their goods.

You didn't really look at the downsides.
It could cause extreme inflation. Yes I am a fan of some more inflation but not in the amounts his could cause.
Most of it is mob drops. So a new benefit for people who darkroom. Something you said you don't like to do.
Players will trade less with each other. So instead of doing things other will pay for you now don't, and some things are hard to get anyway.
The reason this things is hard to sell is ecause they are useless.
If this should get implemented, the prices had to be very low. (A third of normal prices or less)

Why is this thread not titled ruin the economy :P
First off, you cannot get mad about the market scenario. If a player buys a stall, he can do what he likes with this stall. Few players use their stall, with rents up to 2k a month, to spend more money. If players ist sell a bunch of things to their store, there is no profit.
Also @MonMarty has said before he is strictly against said idea. I am as well, even moreover with the items your used as examples. I can spend 15 minutes in a dark room and get a stack of each of those non-animal ones. Players who hoarded these items will suddenly flood the economy. This sudden change will raise prices, but sellers will have little time to respond, thus players who hoard will be able to by items for a lot less than they are work. All for now

-Rubs hands together staring at her own 20 double chests of each of those items- PLEASE YESSS PLEASEEEE!!!

it doesn' necesarily have to be a stack, why not a full inventory of it for let's say... 5 regals... a lot of work for almost nothing

BEFORE anyone bothers posting, this thread is NOT about a shop that sells pawns. I dislike pawns and they taste horrible, I prefer sushi. So please, no going "Can I get pawns here?" or "Why a shop on fishfood?". This is a different type of pawn shop and I felt as though I had to place this here so you all don't get the wrong idea.

So I was wandering around the market a day ago and I really needed to sell some items in order to gain money for a rent of a house in Regalia. At the time, I didn't own a shop and I really didn't feel like killing mobs for regals or vote so I decided to go and find some shops that I can sell some items to for regals.
Let's just say they were really hard to come by. The items I had were ones I couldn't sell since no-one had a shop where you can sell your materials to that shop. It was very frustrating and I can understand if there are some users out there who feel the same way.

Then I remembered. On some servers I went on, mostly survival and RP, they would have a certain shop that users could sell items that were basic and just clodded up too much space in their inventory and chests. In return, they would earn money that is at the price the items are set on. The shop didn't have a limit or rent and I think the shop does work well with the Money plugin. Which is what most call a Pawn shop (I have no idea who came up with the name). So I think it would be nice for there to be a pawn shop, here on Massive.

• The Pawn Shop allows users to earn money in a different way, aside from just voting, buying a shop to sell, killing mobs and the other accessible ways of earning regals. Although you should still vote and kills mobs.
  • Saves users time from running around the market to find a shop that allows them to sell something to that shop.
  • Can possibly encourage more users to fight mobs or go mining, meaning their stats may rise.
  • Saves us from having overcrowded chests and, instead of using a lava bin to dispose the unwanted materials, we can instead earn money from them.
As far as I am aware, most Pawn shops tend to focus on a certain range of materials which are mostly the most unusable and most easily gained materials. The amount of money, or regals, you gain from a pawn shop mostly depends on how much money you gain from either just 1 to a stack of that material. However, the amount of money earned tends to be retentively low. It also depends on what price the item is being brought for at the Pawn shop. So down below is a list of the items the Pawn shop may buy. However, I am unsure on what the prices would be, but they would most likely be low.
  • Rotten flesh
  • Bones
  • String
  • Spider eye
  • Leather (Since Leather is rather rare, I would suggest this may be at a higher price than the rest)
  • Seeds
  • Raw chicken
  • Raw beef
  • Raw pork
  • Fish
This is just an idea I had thought of so please don't go full on anger mode on me. However, there is a poll above so do feel free to vote and also give feedback on this ides, give your opinion and maybe even suggest an idea or two. Also, respect all opinion folks. xD
I believe we all know the meaning of "pawn", at least I do.

Also, isn't it prawn? (as in the fish-thing)

• Rotten flesh
  • Bones
  • String
  • Spider eye
  • Seeds
  • Raw chicken
  • Raw beef
  • Raw pork
  • Fish
You might be underestimating the insane number of stored up mob drops , seeds and fishes at the moment.

At the moment there exists enough rotten flesh that any evil entity with enough power could build a 6 story zombie out of it,

enough bones to bonemeal each block of regalia , several times ,

enough String to cover regalia entirely in cobwebs (probably more then once) ,

and the seeds, oh god, there are probably enough seeds out there to turn every existing continent (except the nether cause we would need ultra rare dirt there) into huge wheat fields.

I am talking of dozens . probably even hundreds of double chests full of that stuff.

Edit: Also fishes, if all fished were released back into the water the water would be pretty much solid.

With my old market stall I tried buying string from customers the month of February and my chest was so empty I had to scrap it after 3-4 weeks. Based on my shop experience (since January) - people will sell bones.

We will not, under any circumstance, create a server ran or admin ran shop.

We as the MassiveCraft Team, are proud that we can say MassiveCraft is one of the only servers of Minecraft in existence that has a fully player operated economy. We've done research to many other servers and come to the depressing discovery that other server prefer admin shops, or partial admin shops and badly created player marketplaces.

We believe a 100% player driven economy is more engaging, and any sort of admin shop would reduce that.

Capitalism ftw.