Archived Party Chat

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.

Jouster

stutterer
Reaction score
Faction
Mithril & Kataktites
Kingdom
N/A
Throughout my time on Massive, it's hard to speak to several people easier, so I have thought of a party chat! This implementation could be an option to invite people to parties by doing /party create and /party invite. This could make it easier to role-play in groups, in PvP and role-play. For example, being used in role-play it could be told to tell the group if in a multi-person conversation. You could easily type in a command for party, so something such as @: To type in party chat. For PvP, it could be used to raid with other allies and people, so it would be easier to communicate with your fellow raiders without disturbing anyone else in the chat you are using. This could be a relatively similar option to direct but with more options.

Commands could include:

• /party create : This allows someone to create a party, being the leader to invite others into the party.

• /party invite : This will invite others to a party, requesting someone an invite that would last for thirty seconds.

• /party admin : This could allow any invited player to be able to invite other members.

• /party leader : If the leader would have to leave, they could use this party to promote someone else to leader

• /party disband : This disbands the party without handing down leadership to anyone in the party.

• /party color <color code> : This could make the @:] Chat any color of the color format codes, making it easier and a little funner to add variation to parties.
I've been thinking of this idea, and hopefully some staff will consider something like this.

Sorry if it's too short!

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Throughout my time on Massive, it's hard to speak to several people easier, so I have thought of a party chat! This implementation could be an option to invite people to parties by doing /party create and /party invite. This could make it easier to role-play in groups, in PvP and role-play. For example, being used in role-play it could be told to tell the group if in a multi-person conversation. You could easily type in a command for party, so something such as @: To type in party chat. For PvP, it could be used to raid with other allies and people, so it would be easier to communicate with your fellow raiders without disturbing anyone else in the chat you are using. This could be a relatively similar option to direct but with more options.

Commands could include:

• /party create : This allows someone to create a party, being the leader to invite others into the party.

• /party invite : This will invite others to a party, requesting someone an invite that would last for thirty seconds.

• /party admin : This could allow any invited player to be able to invite other members.

• /party leader : If the leader would have to leave, they could use this party to promote someone else to leader

• /party disband : This disbands the party without handing down leadership to anyone in the party.

• /party color <color code> : This could make the @:] Chat any color of the color format codes, making it easier and a little funner to add variation to parties.
I've been thinking of this idea, and hopefully some staff will consider something like this.

Sorry if it's too short!
I believe that there is a party feature with similar features as stated in mcMMO itself.

I believe that there is a party feature with similar features as stated in mcMMO itself.
That feature is not currently enabled on MassiveCraft.

I CANNOT SAY WHETHER THIS GETS IMPLEMENTED OR NOT.
But an alternative could be TeamSpeak. I know it requires a microphone. But if you have a microphone TeamSpeak is really convenient for speaking in groups, furthermore it doesn't occupy your hands, so you can still play the game while speaking.
I just wanted to remind people that TeamSpeak exist and that it can be really convenient. I do know that not everyone has a microphone and not everyone can use TeamSpeak.

That feature is not currently enabled on MassiveCraft.

I CANNOT SAY WHETHER THIS GETS IMPLEMENTED OR NOT.
But an alternative could be TeamSpeak. I know it requires a microphone. But if you have a microphone TeamSpeak is really convenient for speaking in groups, furthermore it doesn't occupy your hands, so you can still play the game while speaking.
I just wanted to remind people that TeamSpeak exist and that it can be really convenient. I do know that not everyone has a microphone and not everyone can use TeamSpeak.
While this is true, I am suggesting and/or letting the OP know that such a feature /already/ exists, it is simply just not implemented or it is disabled. I recall that there was a party tp feature, and that is probably one of the biggest problems for enabling mcMMO's Party feature.

EDIT: On the subject of TeamSpeak, many people prefer not to use it as it can place a strain on lower end computers because of ram usage, or that the quality of TeamSpeak is relatively low for certain users.

Thank you!!! You have no idea how hard it is to talk to 7 people at once in Direct! You are my savior!

Such a Feature would be convenient when dealing with people (Nooblets) who have just Joined the server and are not yet comfortable with revealing their Voice or even downloading software primarily for use on the server. Such examples would be when recruiting bulk groups of newbies for a faction and giving them tours of your city!

+1 Hug and support