Palace Chronicles 2: Melancholy

Discussion in 'Progression Events' started by MonMarty, Jan 31, 2022.

1. MonMarty

MonMarty Thotdodger Staff Member Server Owner

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 18
    • Powerful Powerful x 1
  2. Luxus07

Luxus07 Draconic Mercenary

Sakara read over the news with some skepticism on her face, scrunching her face every now and then as the author switched from the layman's common to a more eloquent courtly language.

"The Duchess rightfully called the discussion over the Regalian pessimism; many of the causes there discussed are ripe to criticise again, specifically the matter of conquest. In the original pessimism, our reaction was delayed by a question of succession - now is the question whether any of the other realms will pounce at the opportunity to take a bite from the gargantuan mango that has all ripened into a sweet scent."

The Songaskia leant back, her eyes tracing in the direction of the city though futile with the distance and mountains inbetween.

"The author rightfully compares that new colossus to the towers of the Allorn Empire, albeit I never saw them. I did, however, saw the spires of Korbamakora and our pearl cities, not all too different to this newcomer to the cityscape. Bar the moments of the civil war and the damage suffered during the Regalian invasion, the pearl cities stand unharmed and as testaments to our might and supremacy."

She shifted into a more sombre tone, folding the paper up by the spine and offering it out to the next one who'd read it.

"Yet the cause is different; while our reach for the skies was prompted by the soaring dragons that fathered our legacy the Ailor instead reflect the Masaya before the war and strife we inflicted upon them. Everywhere I go or turn in Regalia, I meet a fascination with infinity. The counterstepped mirrors of the courtly halls, the endlessly rising crescento of their orchestras and now their towers that cradle the skies. Perhaps a symptom of the pessimism alike; where Ailor fails to stretch across continents wide they will seek to reach and grasp anything they perceive endless."

A faint smile soon followed and a shake of her head.

"A childish curiosity and thirst for the unknown, fearless and remorseless. But one that - even in my own heart - re-kindles a flame of youth and ambition. I can only imagine what profound effect this thirst can have on those cursed with a stunted, shorter lifespan. Maybe it's already rubbed on me, and it's why I'm poking around smithies and alchemy stores."

"I might find the Duchess and ask her opinion on this."

@Aurelian30k @RaggedyGrace @Road2Kapalua

3. Battlebrawn

Battlebrawn Life needs things to live.

Ewan Howlester woke up late as usual, reading over the Palace Chronicles during his brunch after finding it on the dining table. Whilst not politically minded in the slightest, he expressed both his intrigue and confusion at the princes returning from the frontlines to anyone else that passed through the room. Perhaps this means the campaigns have ended at last, hopefully with results soon to follow, he thought aloud. The rest seemed to pass him by, except for a pang of regret for the fate of the Typhonus family he spent much of his youth with. Things were certainly different now in many regards.

Scrunching his nose up at the image of the new apartments ruining the city skyline, the lord then left the table to prepare for another day of hunting as if to escape these topics for the time being. On the bright side, the talk of princes had reminded him to acquire a spot on one of Duncan 's hunting parties upon returning to Gallovia, usually sharing opinions with him due to their similiar characteristics.

4. DrFong

DrFong The Knave of Rats

Knave, when asked about the new edifice, muttered something that could have been interpreted as:

"A waalworth of a skyerscape of most eyeful hoyth entowerly, erigenating from next to nothing and celescalating the himals
    and all, hierarchitectitiptitoploftical, with a burning bush abob off its baubletop and with larrons o'toolers clittering up and tombles a'buckets clottering down."

5. Halsi

Halsi Ithanophile Supremium

Fabien Cadieux du Lierre chimed Lord Penbroke's writings word for word over the pearly white rooftops of Ithanian styled estates in the new Noble District, entertaining his company and any curious onlookers by conveying the author's news with the theatrical flair one would naturally come to expect from the man. It was no secret that the Marquis was uncritically fond of the Lord Penbroke's chronicles, even after being the subject of ridicule a few weeks prior by several courtiers of the Imperial Court. It was a merely a guilty pleasure he couldn't quite get enough from.

"Conspiracy! Intrigue! A rapidly thickening plot! Add a tale of infidelity and I'd say you have the beginnings of a beautiful novel.
    Oh Duchess! Share me your thoughts-- What do you make of this?"

@canaaa

6. KrakenLord01

KrakenLord01 That Guy

Ortoak stared at the skyscraper that had consumed the Allar District, glancing it over silently as his tail swished about. His fingers anxiously tapped at the side of his waist, with the Scaled Url left wondering if this is what progress truly looked like.

It didn't look like home.

• Powerful Powerful x 4
    #6 KrakenLord01, Jan 31, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2022
  7. Road2Kapalua

Road2Kapalua

Valorie di Civita took the paper from Sakara's hand to flip the pages back open, loosely holding it between her index, middle finger, and thumb. Her eyes darted from word to word as she slowly sat down on a lounge chairs to curl her legs up to the side. Her brows furrowed as she continued to read. It seemed to her that she lacked the knowledge or context for that matter to properly form an opinion on the matters of the imperial court, unlike her company.

"How interesting....You know, I wonder who exactly it is who writes about this..."

Her brows furrowed once more and she squinted at the flowery language to then spot the picture of the skyscraper. She blinked, and then blinked again, widening her eyes as she placed the papers down on the table to then stand up.

"So that's what that was? They demolished a beautiful district for- this.....?"

Bright blue eyes gazed down at the pages as she thought in silence for long moments, pacing back and forth.

"I suppose it's...not...horrible to view...Though I would have liked to see something of a little more...flashy design in terms of the exterior section of the architechture."

In her house coat and fluffy slippers, she walked off to find something to eat.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  8. Lutowski

Lutowski дверь запили блять Staff Member World1

It was often quiet in the Isldar’s dimly lit boutique. It rarely lent to excessive noise, except for one. The skrunklehog bit and rustled at the edges of the Palace Chronicles copy out of the stacks of freshly delivered paper he thought a quick snack. Fortunately, Medea was quick to confiscate it before the spiked critter could leave lasting damage on it.

Frostbitten hands attentively straightened out the crumpled paper on top of the busy counter, and she began reading to gain in on her fair share of gossip.

Medea leaned back to daydream of higher places.

9. Lizmun

Lizmun yeah Staff Member Lore2

Two dwarves sat hunched by a campfire, just in front of a squatter's tent that clung to the walls of Crookback. One of the dwarves, Brollo Breadfist, unfolded a paper he'd picked up as litter in the streets earlier that day, intent to use it as fuel for the fire that cooked their soupy dinner. Before tossing the paper into the flames, however, a picture caught his eye. After stopping to squint, then read, he gave his companion, Nikkidroth Bristlemaille, a nudge and shoved the newsletter his way.

"Oye. Look'it this, Nick."

Brollo gruffed with a scratch of his short beard.

"G'wan, look. I'm no fan of the Ailor politics, but you seen that drawin'? Looks like built a new building. Apartments, they call it."

It was then the Breadfist looked away, leaving Nikkidroth to do what he wished with the newspaper as he stirred their broth with a ladle. He spoke shortly after taste-testing and adding in a pinch of spices to their soup.

"That Jarless gave me decent pay. Think we could afford somethin' like they talk 'bout in that paper? Beats campin' in the woods with yer ugly mug."

A joke and a coarse laugh was afforded as Brollo prepared soup and handed the first bowl to his fellow dwarf. The paper had been saved from its fiery fate. For now.

@Magivore

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. NoctisUmbra

NoctisUmbra Stunning Orc

The Eronidas sat outside on his balcony in Plantburg, reading the Chronicle as he offered a few clicks of his tongue before setting it down. A plump Batthogg resting near him with a large bone in its mouth.
    "My beautiful beast. It seems an unlikely alliance between Hiltfront and Homeland is formed. I wonder what shall occur cause of this."

Silence fills the star-filled sky as the Batthogg yawns as he gets up from its own couch to stretch.

"I do hope though Prince Raymond's whispers cause the most effect. His faction has a honorable objective behind it."

Akurgal picks it up once again as his eyes draws towards the strange picture of a building. A district replaced with a Regalian style building, it would look better in the Eronidas architecture with large arches and domes made of glass. It would be the most magnificent building by far."

The Eronidas finshes the cigar before stamping it out in a ashtry as he heads back inside his estate to sleep.

11. Magivore

Magivore No Rest For The Wicked

Tilting his head closer to the paper, Nikkidroth gave a steep, half-assed glance past the mushroom stew that was too important to let sit. Once the stew burned his tongue however, he huffed away the heat and finally brought his attention to the paper Brollo held forward.

"Aye, not so bad an idea! A low floor hall level with the roads, makin' milk deliveries and sight seein' share a window instead of a bush," imagined Nikkidroth out loud. Deciding not to test if his stew was still hostile yet, the supper waddled his way across the tent's tiny courtyard to rifle through his belongings with one hand while the other kept his cuisine a stable distance off the ground. "Hope they don't mind us messing about with the boiler. They always crank the damn things up too high thinkin' it's better than being outside."

A testing sip of the soup occurred again with similar results as the first while Nikkidroth read the first pages. "If'n you ask me, which I hope dare not, this city is in a pessimism because they don't know how t'wage a damn war and keep becomin' more 'inclusive' just so them stupid people can count as a vote for their next cause. Oughta have a tight grip on a few generals instead of numerous fools who need to grant you permission just to wipe th'shnoz."

@Lizmun