Archived Overclaimed = Warclaim

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Redsunfight

ghost
Reaction score
If the 3x power claim rule is still in effect, factions that are over this limit should be susceptible to warclaiming from another faction. Factions that follow this rule need never to worry about it.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I'm going to go with a hesitant ABSOLUTELY NO! If this is implemented I will be a very angry Mecharic indeed...

Well, on one hand it allows griefing, yet on the other, you would have to have 3x power claim, which is pretty difficult to get unless a lot of your members die a lot of times or your faction is REALLY inactive. It would add some more strategy into battles, and I think as long as there's a rule that says "no griefing the area you warclaim", it could work OK. However, the staff may not be big enough to manage this, but we did get a large amount of applications for game staff lately. Overall I think with a little more planning, this could work out.

Hur, all my members could be wiped out with a single jerk with high axes and some armor... none of them are too good at pvp yet, and even if they were we all have low pvp mcmmo skills. This would be horrible for peaceful factions.

Actually Mecharic, your members would have to die A LOT to actually have your land claim 3x the amount of power you have. It's unlikely that a single guy could kill your members that many times. Heck, its unlikely you'll have enough members online for that to even happen.

Let me clarify a bit. I'm talking about 3x the Max Power. Forget the power loss part.

Land/Power/MaxPower
This faction, 413/442/660, would be no where near getting warclaimed. Even if this faction's members died repeatedly and their power dropped significantly, no warclaiming.

However, this faction, 894/10/10, needs a whoopin' and some lootin' going on.

If warclaiming is enabled, then People would stop building realistic and beutiful cities. Instead, they would go for a strategic box.

Let me clarify a bit. I'm talking about 3x the Max Power. Forget the power loss part.

Land/Power/MaxPower
This faction, 413/442/660, would be no where near getting warclaimed. Even if this faction's members died repeatedly and their power dropped significantly, no warclaiming.

However, this faction, 894/10/10, needs a whoopin' and some lootin' going on.
While I agree that a faction with nearly 90 times the land it has power for does need to have its land unclaimed perhaps a better solution would be for players to be able to report factions with to much land to the staff who would then tell the faction owner to get more members or unclaim some land or it will be unclaimed for them until they are below the 3x limit. I know the staff do this already but I am sure it takes time that could be better used else where so allowing players to report factions would help fix the problem

If you already can report overclaimed factions then my mistake.

I've been here long enough to see warclaiming in action and I know the general idea has been brought up a lot since then and shot down a lot. The headaches it would take to get it going and the headaches that would follow for the staff would be insane, probably.

And Roos is right, but it sure would add some excitement. A map where warclaiming is allowed would be interesting to play on, too.

If you already can report overclaimed factions then my mistake.
Ya, you can report. I was thinking that leaving it to the players themselves to police it would be one less thing off the staff's plate, perhaps. Because, you know, when left to the players, gameplay never gets out of hand :^)

Ah warclaiming, fun times fun times. I'm with red, it would be fun to have a "war map" that allows warclaiming and looting. I miss the days of waiting for a faction to time out then going to loot the goods.

384.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.