Archived On Food And Drink

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.

grizenator

Citizen
Reaction score
So I got this idea while eating one of those sugar rush cookies where you receive a buff and also a debuff. Lore beverages also deliver a similar effect, with a buff paired with a debuff. Now what would be cool was if you would be able to make a variety of food stuffs through unique crafting recipes using a variety of ingredients obtainable from mob drops, i.e cuts of meat, herbs, spices, vegetables and fruits. A few crafting recipes would be made known to the general player base but most would have to be discovered using player intuition and persistence. Alcoholic beverages could also be crafted in a similar manner. Now another cool feature that could be added alongside this is aging, giving food the ability to rot, it would take a week after the initial crafting for the food to go off, the buff will be replaced with a hunger and poison effect and no hunger bars would be filled. There would be ways to preserve food/ingredients. Salting meat, pickling vegetables, jamming fruit and grinding wheat into flour. This process would extend the foods lifetime to about 2 months. Alcoholic beverages would also be effected by age but in a more positive manner, the longer the beverage is given to distilled the longer the buff will last and also increase the level of the buff. Hopefully these changes would encourage more people to farm and give people the opportunity to discover/invent new food stuffs to further 'flavour' massivecraft.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
You basically want a cooking mod and a rot mod, then? Well I'm not entirely against that. Cooking mods are pretty fun. It only depends on whether it creates lag, then. While this isn't what you wanted, you can also rename objects to a certain name, and then make a new image for the "new item", which, without any other mod than Optifine, you could turn the chicken icon into pizza.

Well.. you used to be able to purchase IC food items via an NPC at the Golden Willow/sewer taverns.. But yeah. Aside from this looking like it'd take a lot of time to produce.. nice.

Even just adding lore foods that give buffs would be cool. But yeah, it would take some time to develop.