O' Cein Family

Discussion in 'Inactive Families & Guilds' started by TalkChat, Apr 27, 2017.

?

Should I add older characters?

1. Yes

7 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. TalkChat

TalkChat Thank you! And goodnight.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Nationality: Claith
    Homeland: Eriu-Innis isle region called Torrinloch
    Status: Controlling most of Thurso (Eriu-Innis), Wealthy Commoners.
    Patriarch: Mason O'Cein
    Sigil: Erinu-Innis Song Bird
    Trade: Mining emerald/Selling emerald
    Motto: "Work makes a man, not leisure"- Dougal O'Cein
    Faith: Strictly Unionism
    House Colors: Green, Brown, Silver

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

In a small community by the name Torrinloch on the Eriu-Innis isle three hundred and fifty-seven years ago came a miner who went by the name of Dougal O’Cein, most notable earliest ancestor to the name. Mining emerald was the occupation he chose, trading the valuable ore for petty things such as pelts and food. For generations, this is the way things were run unknowing of the value of the gemstone they sold. The only event that was relevant that did happen after this time and before the current patriarch is that the third patriarch who went by the name of Alban O’Cein led many protection rackets giving the family a fierce and intimidating name for many years as it was continued by his youngest son Gordon O’Cein.

The O’Cein had a rough time in poverty around the fourth patriarch due to a lack of effort and staff, the operation almost came to a complete halt. Only what was needed was getting done nothing more, but sometimes less. Workers were being paid very minimally and considering most of their workers were made up of cousins or some relative it caused a family feud. They started turning on each other and tearing the family apart. Until the father of the current patriarch Owen O’Cein put an end to this and re-started the business after some years, retiring old family members, and putting in the new generation of the family. The brothers kept a firm grip on the business, it was held with order and discipline for many years to come, there were rumors that the brothers would brand workers who misbehaved, but people stayed because they were being paid in generous amounts and feared what would happen if they did leave. This reign soon ended with two of the brothers being killed leaving only Owen, the oldest brother. Who had two children by the name of Mason and Oliver, Mason being the oldest by two years.

Mason was different from the rest of his family, spending all of his young childhood watching his father run the company he developed a distaste for it. He found his own interests in exploring Aloria and seeing the world around him. Even if his father disagreed and even one time burned his ship down. As Owen grew to be an elder he let go of the business. Leaving his younger brother Oliver to run it, who was indeed clueless on how to. As Mason explored Aloria he found the true worth of an emerald from jewelry in Ithanian shops and also Regalian trade. He made haste for home starting up his own jewelry shop in the Crown City of Regalia. As Mason came home; Oliver was almost pleading for Mason to take the company over as he had certainly almost run it into the ground. Putting many of his kin to learn about other cultures and create fine jewelry. And Mason complied very willingly taking the business back under his own management and if he was trained to do one thing, it was run this company. Though Mason can sometimes be seen as humorous, he keeps his brother in line and makes sure he runs the company with an iron grip and certainly doesn't let nothing stand in the way of him making money.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Thurso Manor: More like a larger country house, the Thurso manor was built by the O'Cein family in their claimed land. The surrounding is very bland and covered by mining projects and a few rolling hills. The manor itself is nothing special. It has been said to be bland and boring by the young O'Cein children.

O'Cein Gem Shop: The gem shop is a fine place full of emerald made jewelry, sold to noble families or high standing commoners. Anyone with the money can by the finely made jewelry. It is usually protected by the bodyguards of the family and some Bannerman.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Males
    Often time then not the males of the family are rather disciplined than most of the Claith folk. Meaning that they know how to act properly due to Mason’s time spent in Ithania, Mason ended up sending out rules for the family. They will almost always call someone by their title or any rank they own. But the Claith cousins are known to not really use this way instead of being more street smart than using their manners. Though in the right scenario they can rage and use anger instead of being calm and relaxed. Males are often sly and are known to work for Manson letting him know of any competition or interesting information they overhear if he trusts the person enough. Physically wise the ginger hair and emerald green eye’s are a necessity for most characters in the family, O’Cein’s have rather angular and long faces. Also only ever reaching up to a toned body influenced by what said O’Cein does this is changeable if you have a good reasoning and I trust said players roleplay ability.

Females
    Females are often very sarcastic not disciplined as much as the men are. They are humorous and intelligent seeing as most of them were sent off to school in the beginning of Mason’s reign. They also can be very sly and aggressive, even demanding. They look rather lean and slender like their male counterparts but little less muscle, but every O’Cein is different in his or her own way so anything is possible. They retain the ginger hair for the most part and the green eyes.

OOC Notice
    Keep in mind that anything is possible for your character and nothing here dictates what you can and can't do. If there is well thought out logical reasoning I will approve of the changes.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    What I Expect: To apply for this family you should have great knowledge and experience in the role play world of Regalia. I also expect a great knowledge of the servers lore across most subjects. Also, mature individuals who can keep on task and follow directions when needed is helpful. :)

Green = Playable
    Blue = Played
    Purple = Reserved
    Orange = Hard to Play
    Grey = NPC

Mainline:

Owen O’Cein (NPC): A hard working man with a demanding and strict attitude, he was also the former patriarch of the family.

Mason O’Cein 36 (Played by @WrongChat): A humorous man, and a strict (Current) Patriarch. He believes in having fun sometimes but when it comes down to work he is a totally different person.

Daniel O’Cein 19: The loud son of Manson, noted for his child like behavior and trouble he gets into, but he is almost a leader-like figure for the younger generation of the O'Cein's. Mother left him when he was at a very young. Slowly learning manners and how to act around nobles.

Benno O’Cein 17: The adopted Alt-Regalian child of Mason, enrolled in the School of Lancyon. Very loyal to his family, but not fond of his older brother Daniel.

Uncle/Cousins:
    Oliver O’Cein 34: A lovable man, and younger brother to the current Patriarch. He currently controls the family business, in control of the rest of the family as well as does his brother. He seeks to become once again close to a former friend (Mason).

James O’Cein 17: Bastard son of Oliver, ended up at Oliver’s doorstep as the mother was found dead shortly afterward. He has Ginger and brown eyes do to the Cerdian mother. Not very loved by Oliver but tries to fit in.

Malcolm O’Cein 16: The young man is very quiet unlike his father Oliver, he is an introvert and only really trusts Daniel as he grew up with him. Has some sort of hatred for his father as he is always out and never around.
    Alina O’Cein 14: A brat, but Malcom's twin. She is often jelous of the boys there for she tries to fit in with them, and match there ablilities to not be looked down upon.

1st Cousins

Calum O’Cein (Deceased):
    Calum was a man of strict rules, and a thirst for violence. He believed if you wanted someone to listen you had to beat it into them, which he often did.

Greer O’Cein 48: Greer is a strict man much taking after Calum. He believes in the family motto to the fullest and hates Mason for that reason. He believes that Mason has a bad worth ethic and he could do run it better.

Ivarr O’Cein 43: Ivarr is the young brother of Greer, usually bring Greer out of fights and covering for his brother. He himself is much like Greer but he isn't open about it. He seems to be the innocent one of the cousins.

Kenna O’Cein 36: Kenna has strayed from her line of the family, taking more in the family business of jewelry and is seen by her line of the family as a ‘traitor’ per say because she spends the most time around Mason.

Lenox O’Cein 20: If there were three words to describe Lenox it would be cocky, handsome and, dangerous. Lenox is the son of Greer which explains a lot since he killed a man back in Thruso at a local bar, he is the one Mason haan kept a eye on the street fighter ever since.

Bannerman Family:

Gregor O’Cein 53: One of the most loyal man to the O’Cein’s he was adopted to be the head of the Bannerman family line by Owen when Gregor was a teenager.

Annis O’Cein 26:
    Gregor’s only kin of his own blood, his daughter takes up after him and is very loyal and polite. She often is very busy and has little time for mingling, she also works for the main line of the family as a jewelry maker. Studying various cultures to make professional jewelry for everyone.

Grant O’Cein 23: A well trained young orphan was hired as staff, soon adopted by Gregor as his son. He his very well mannered and gets stressed out a lot.

Thamas O’Cein 20:
    A true fighting man, a Lancyon Warrior found in Regalia. Adopted from his family just two years ago.

Finlay O’Cein: 18: Young man who runs the gem shop beside the main family. Not very well mannered as he was on the streets for most of his life but respects the family. He’s often seen playing with Oliver and Mason’s kids.

(If you wish to create your own character say so in the application and I'll contact you in a PM!)
    I will be very Strict with choosing family members, don't be upset if I reject your application.
    ----------
    Also, everything in here can be changed in the application down below if you wish, make a logical in depth answer though.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I have any right to kick you for OOC and IC acts.
    I would like to play your character on a 50/50 ratio.
    I would like you to talk with me before you do anything game changing for your character as this can influence the family.
    I would like a character app to be made within the first month of acceptance.
    Please have fun, this is supposed to be a less strict family, we try to be chill as possible.
    [​IMG]
    Recruitment status: OPEN
    [​IMG]

IGN:
    Time on the server roleplaying:
    Do you have Skype? (Required):
    Any IG punishments? If so explain:
    Rate yourself 1-10 in roleplay and explain why (1 being horrible 10 being great):
    Why do you want to join the O'Cein family?:
    How active are you?:
    Timezone?:
    References (At least 2):
    Previous applications (Increases chance):
    -----------------------------------------------------

IC
    Character you wish to play:
    Mental characteristics:
    Physical description:
    Clothing:

[​IMG]
    (Any questions or concerns PM me instead of cluttering chat and I've put a lot of work into this.)​

• Winner Winner x 5
    #1 TalkChat, Apr 27, 2017
    Last edited: May 7, 2017
  2. TalkChat

[​IMG]

Opening day! Woot! 4/27/17

-Edited some dank music in there wika wika fresh
    -Added some more ladies, sorry for me being so prone to writing male stuff
    -Added faith in the "General Information" section
    -Formatting, deleting unneeded spaces stuff like that.

4/28/17
    -Added poll
    -Added recruitment status
    -Adding 1st cousins

#2 TalkChat, Apr 27, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
  3. SignoreScafuto

SignoreScafuto MassiveCraft's token ethnic

4. TalkChat

lol I am hearing that @Kelpsy had the same name once upon a time? I can change it if she wants.

5. AtticCat

AtticCat haeksen van regalia

hey look friends for Merina

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Jouster

Jouster stutterer

hey look friends for Bran

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. SignoreScafuto

SignoreScafuto MassiveCraft's token ethnic

Nah she just had a big ol' claith family too

8. SpinSpinDizzy

SpinSpinDizzy Ithanian, Candlehead, and Gold-Eye.

This is interesting. I look forward to seeing this full.

• Like Like x 1
  9. AtticCat

AtticCat haeksen van regalia

*All the Claith on Eriu-Innis hiss and throw stones.*

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. TalkChat

I have my reasons

11. Motherland

Motherland The forgotten ancient

TRIGGERED

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. TalkChat

Updated few things BLAH.

• Immersive Immersive x 1
  13. _Capitalx_

_Capitalx_ I Draw and Cry

IGN: _Capitalx_
    Time on the server roleplaying: 1 year and 6 months.
    Do you have Skype? (Required): Yas. It is _Capitalx_
    Any IG punishments? If so explain: None because I follow rules.
    Rate yourself 1-10 in roleplay and explain why (1 being horrible 10 being great): I would say 8 because I am still working on the advanced roleplaying like the Regalian lore roleplaying. I have been reading the wiki for Regalia lore and military and I have a firm grasp on it so far. I know who to use the different chats though and I use proper punctuation and grammar.
    Why do you want to join the O'Cein family?: I want to be in O'Cein because I read the lore and my mind was blown. Also, I heard that this family does Strict roleplaying and I LOVE strict roleplaying, but just a reminder I do have a sense of humor so watch out for my skills in the Sense of Humor competition.... I also want to join because I adore all the work that you put into this because It is detailed, it is strict, and it is definatly a wonderful family. Another reason is that, I have seen you roleplay, WrongChat as Mason, and I realized you take roleplaying serious and I really look for that when I am apping for families.
    How active are you?: I am usually on everyday for 1-5 hours. Sometimes, I can't be on during the weekdays because of school and homework, but I will try to get on.
    Timezone?: Eastern America.
    References (At least 2): @MableSyrup @Biggums9001 @Ghirko
    Previous applications (Increases chance): None, but the ones I am working on are WIP.
    -----------------------------------------------------
    IC
    Character you wish to play: Alina O’Cein
    Mental characteristics: Alina is a real brat and flatters herself. For example, when someone says she looks good today she says "Oh, Merci. I know I do". Also, she only has a little bit of manners. Like when someone is talking she would interrupt. She is working on improving her manners because her Uncle told her to. She is a very good listener though. When someone is talking about something important she listens. She also doesn't like her time to be wasted. For example, when a commoner comes up to her and starts looking for trouble, she just starts being rude because she doesn't want to deal with the commoner, but when it's a noble she doesn't because she knows that she can take the noble down, but only if the noble starts trouble first. She is also very mischievous, as it said in the caption at the top. She is /always/ causing trouble. she does stuff like pranks, breaking her parents rules. because she a rebel! She also acts very polite around boys her age because she is looking for love. She can also have a sense of humor. She loves making jokes and making people laugh. She is also very intelligent and demanding, she went to a wonderful school and graduated with a Masters degree at the age of 16. She is demanding because she gets what she wants when she wants it. She also doesn't care what other people think of her, she likes people because they like her for who she is. She can also be very aggressive, but not in a way that people are scared of her. She cares about others feelings and she cares about others. Just because she is a brat doesn't mean she doesn't have a heart.
    Physical description: Alina is a ginger haired, green eyed woan, who usually puts her hair is curls. She has soft, flawless skin, and always wears blushed colored lipstick. Her hair is usually out of her face which means she does not have bangs. She has very average body, with skinny arms. She love taking walks in the park so her legs are perfect from all the walking. She still has some fat in her thigh. She doesn't care what people think of her body, she just wants to keep in shape. She is also the average height for a female. She is 5 foot 5 inches.
    Clothing: Alina wears very fancy clothing she gets from a designer. She always wears the family's colors no matter what because she wants to represent her family and a independent individual. She doesn't enjoy giant poofy gowns, but she sometimes wears them. On special occasions, she likes to wear poofy gowns because she thinks they are very fancy.

14. TalkChat

Sorry, but going to have to Reject this application. I am not confident with your roleplay so far, and I'd like you to stick with a family and really enjoy and play out the character to its fullest extent.

15. TalkChat

Still looking for members!

• Like Like x 1