Shelved Character Nyllazza Jhessu

Discussion in 'Character Sheets' started by Sujitation, Jul 24, 2017.

1. Sujitation

Sujitation Big ORC

Basic Information
    Full Name: Nyllazza Jhessu or ‘Nyl’
    Race: Yanar
    Main Ambition: Keeping a stable life and partially gaining wealth.
    Special Permission: Expert Alchemist

Describe your character’s position in Regalia. Why are they there? How long have they been there? What is their occupation and living situation?

Nyllazza lives in a house that looks just like a normal regalian house on the outside but within was a rather large tree. The house was owned by an older pair of yanar couples, don’t think they ever had children seeing they were both yanar, who left the house rather messy. The flooring weaved around the large tree in the middle with various spots filled with equipment and the needed materials for living along with alchemy. Nyl lived there for now 5 months and is doing quite well.

Describe your character’s upbringing. Where were they born, to whom? How many siblings do they have? What about their extended family/noble family?

Born in Ithania, her parents are Flójes Con'jo'lloía Sol'cessóne and Quessal Jhessu, a yanar and Allar couple. Having only two other known younger siblings, the family was quite spacious.

Describe any secondary ambitions your character may have. Short term ambitions, or ambitions that may not be related to your character’s main goal in life.

Another small, secondary ambition is to find a lover more specifically, a female lover. Since she has always had a small indication that she does in fact take to woman, it would be no surprise that she desires a love of the same gender. This can be difficult seeing as being interested in the same gender is shunned, though Nyl still has hope of meeting her true love some day.

Skill Information
    Proficiency points = 55 - 10 (School of Alchemy) = 45
    +40 Alchemy (+10 from School of Alchemy, +30 Proficiency Points)
    +35 Horticulture (+10 from School of Alchemy, +20 Racial Bonus, +5 Proficiency Points)
    +15 Quick Fingers (+10 from School of Alchemy, +5 Proficiency Points)
    +5 Dagger (+5 Proficiency points)

Cultural Points = 55
    +15 Animal Husbandry
    +13 Weaving
    +12 Pottery
    +10 Drawing
    +5 Cuisine Cooking

Languages
    Common (10/10 First Language to know)
    Ithanian (10/10 Fluent in from teachings of parent)
    Daendroquin (10/10 From Studies)
    Modern Elven (10/10 From Studies)

Visual Information
    Eye Color: Bright yellow with purple eye whites and a halo ring around the iris
    Hair Color: None
    Hair Style: It wasn't much hair, but there was longer grown leaves going from the top of her face and down her back, on her shoulders and a small bit going onto her tail.
    Skin Color: Her skin is a hunter green, along with bark running along on her arms and legs in seeming random places.
    Clothing: Her clothing would be normal commoners wear, with added leather straps to attach pouches, pockets, and vials, that are fitted to her abnormal body structure. Adding to that, Nyl prefers not to wear dresses or anything that is considered above common clothing unless on special occasions.
    Height: 5’6
    Body Type: Skinny
    Weapon of Choice: She would have a small dagger, beneath her leather tunic, but would rather edge away from using it if the conflict could be avoided.

IMG_1699.JPG
    IMG_1851.PNG

Personality and Abilities
    First Paragraph:
    Nyl would be seen by others as a kind of distant, nature-loving, freak. This being for a multitude of reasons, mostly because of her looks and her disliking of crowds or large amounts of people, how she loves Nature and its beauty, and how she tends to fear what others thinking of her. She may have just grown used to being alone but it's what has been with her the entirety of her life and it would take time getting used to being with others.
    Second Paragraph: Nyllazza has always thought herself as a lesser person, though she might have accomplished what most wouldn't even attempt to do, because of the bullying that happened within her lifetime. She constantly doubts herself in her mind when doing something which makes her work twice as hard than she should. Nyl also pushes herself to work because she doesn't want to get started on thinking about how she could mess up in life, how easily she can be replaced and much of the sort. Most of this isn't shown through her actions however.
    Third Paragraph: Nyl has had a constant thought of family in the back of her mind so she can continue into her work. To her family members, she's just a hard-working member of the family and is someone to look up to, even if Nyl doesn't think so, they always loved her and she will always love them. Friends are something Nyl desperately lacks because making friends has never been natural to her since her main focus is working. She often busies herself so that she doesn't feel to lonely.
    Fourth Paragraph: Nyllazza’s morality is a kind of good-neutral. She would try to help people but not at the risk of herself. Usually helping people that are hurt if the people who had done harm has left or Nyl would wait until they leave. It's not that Nyl thinks she's better than them, it's that she is to weak to fight them off. Though, for the people who have done harm, Nyl thinks they deserves any kind of beating to torture but certainly not death unless they have killed others.

Weaknesses
    Strength Nyl’s biggest weakness would be her strength, or more so the lack of it. Seeing as her race is a mix of some of the weakest races in Aloria, it's to no surprise that she is without much strength. With this hindering much of her daily duties, she would need help from others to achieve lifting, carrying, and even help picking stuff of her tallest shelf.
    Lack of Self-Defense Another weakness to Nyl would be little to no knowledge of self-defense. Her main focus being alchemy and work, she would have no time to train in the art of defense or combat. Along with her weakened strength, she wouldn't have been able to ether if she did try to train.

Quirks & Skills
    Clicking
    One thing people might know, if they are close friends with Nyl, is that when she is in deep thought, she tends to click her tongue. It's a weird habit that Nyl has not realized she has been doing and when asked of the habit, she will simply become confused. It might get annoying to others around her over time and she has been threatened for it.
    Early-Bird Normal people would find it weird, but Nyl loves waking up very early in the morning to start her day. Even being up before the sun rose. It was mostly a schedule change that soon developed into a kind of habit. In the morning, little to no action or activity happens and Nyl can feel more at ease when not running into many crowds of people or even bumping into a few muggers when she is out alone.
    Glassblowing Nyl can glassblow, seeing as one of her jobs required her to learn it and even learning the skill from a fellow Allar on the job. She kept this ability ever since by using it from time to time, whether it was for her own needs or to use it for others to gain money, she will most likely keep the skill.
    Cooking Nyl has always been a good cook. She was never the best but she was quite a decent cook. Having a kind of part-time job as a waitress/cook, she learned a few things on cooking and used the skill many times while going from job to job. Though now her cooking has lacked behind as years past, Nyl can still cook up some pretty nice dishes.

Nyl has always been a loner-type of person usually keeping out of larger crowds and avoid being the center of attention. It just comes as a discomfort to be around to many people at once, like 8 or more friends, and she would choose a quiet day of working alone over going out. Along with having to constantly travel and not being able to stop to enjoy her time when trying to learn at the schools, Nyl has never really gotten used to being with friends at all.
    Woman Love is a sensitive subject to Nyl seeing as she is actually kind of a lesbian. She has always been interested in woman but would keep to herself about it mostly, fearing she would be shamed in public for such a despicable way of thinking. You may find her taking peeks of woman or just the obvious smile towards one. This train of thought has always ruled her love interest ever since she started to care about love.
    Nature Being an alchemist and a yanar, there's no doubt Nyl would have fallen in love with the outdoors. Loving everything about how plants look in different biomes, how the animals interact, and just how gorgeous the sights of nature can be. Not to mention how many different species there can be all over aloria.

Dislikes
    Blood
    It always pains Nyl to see those hurt and she would do her best to help but she hates the sight, smell and taste of blood. Even talking about the subject of blood makes Nyl kind of nauseous. It's developed ever since she has came to regalia and had the misfortune of wandering to the sewers, even though she rarely goes there alone, Nyl has experienced bad people first-hand down there.
    Fire It may just be common sense, but Nyl would prefer not to be close to fire. She doesn't despise it as some would think her to be, it's just that she's cautious. When there is fire near her or when someone is lighting one, some would notice her shift back or away from it but besides that she is thankful for the heat it gives off.
    Vanilla Nyl has, oddly enough, despised the smell or flavor of vanilla. Whether it be a candle or made into some sort of dish, she has developed a disliking towards the smell and taste of anything Vanilla-like. Some might think she's crazy but it's just purely a quirk in her as a being

Life Story
    Before Birth
    Nylazza’s father, being the Allar, would be visiting Ithania at the time before bumping into Flójes. They formally introduced themselves and soon became a situated with each other. The Allar, a local scholar, then slowly started to fall in love with the yanar, who was more towards the look of a normal humanoid shape. The couple soon coming into marriage and later, decide that they should ready themselves for a child. Though, the yanar being skeptical at first seeing as her emotions from that year were just her being quite distant, shy, and enveloped in her work before coming across Quessal.
    Birth Nyllazza was born in 251, in Ithania, from a lovely yanar mother and into the family with her, soon to be known, Allar father. The allar questioning the mother about everything on the birthing process.
    Childhood She spent most of her childhood with her small family in Ithania where she would slowly grow up with a sense of self-consciousness. Later on, Nyl started taking interested in the Allar race through her father as she continued to grow, not noticing how much the parents would soon grow apart. Nonetheless, finding out about alchemy and instantly took to it by seeming nature.
    Teen Years Nyl would be the age of 15 before she comes across an alchemy school close in ithania.Though she has found the school she would need to attend, Nyl knows that she needs money and much of it to go to it. Money that she nor her family could afford at the time and she will spend 8 years of her life to gather enough money to be in the Academy. Her parents would hesitate letting her work at the age of 15, so they agreed to let her start working around the age of 17 were she would be more readied for the world.
    Middle age Nyl would have worked from age 17 to 25 to accomplish gathering such money. During this time, she would finally part with her family, who later on, had broken apart. Her jobs, varying on how much money payed, during the time would leave her with a few skills and allowed her to gain much money to be able to attend the school. Which she did in 276 A.C, where she would begin her study for the knowledge of Alchemy. All the while, being made fun of for the way she looked, this constant teasing has always haunted her though she tries not to let it get to her, she feels like she needs to prove herself more and more to make up for what race she is. Nyllazza finds herself leaning towards the Allars yet again, feeling that same interest long ago when she finds a young Allar female that catches her eye. Properly bringing up to her if she could be allowed to use her as a basis for the yanar ovulating process. The Allar soon agreed after further convincing it came with no harm, and soon, Nyl was able to completely change her form to that of the Allar after eight sessions of this process. At first, Nyl couldn't have been more wary but as she continued, it wasn't so bad. The Allar in return got to learn about the process and was able to record them for later usage in her life.
    Middle age Part 2 Becoming Expert in the school of Alchemy proved to be difficult, spending 14 years studying with top precaution since the school seemed to put safety at its highest priority there. Even with the school's safety, she found herself completely forgetting to put out her fire and had the tip of her tail ignited. Though the fire didn't get far as she realized this, it left a rather bad burn scar on her tail and left her with a horrible memory to recall. With her education finished at the age of 39 in 290 A.C, Nyllazza finds herself in a tough situation of what else to do with her new found knowledge.
    Learning the languages It was quite interesting how she came acrossed the idea, it started when she had just finished her schooling. She was about to return back to her temporary home until she came across two of her colleagues, speaking quite oddly to one another, picking up a few words. Nyl asks them what it was and they replied with how it was Daendroquin, a language they had recently learned. This caught her interest, not as much as alchemy did, deciding to try learning the language. It takes her 3 years, though she already knew Ithanian, she was having difficulties switching between the two though was able to smooth it out with the two added years which makes Nyllazza 42 years old, in 293 A.C. Her studying was done until coming across yet another language that sparked a new desire in her, Modern Elven. Yet another language that relates to those she knows of, though it was harder to grasp and took her quite some time to fully learn the language and speak it fluently among her other known languages. Taking her around 10 years, 303 A.C, to finally understand and speak it with minor difficulties.
    Continuing on Being 52 and now knowing 4 languages, along with her lovely alchemy skills that she has always used in aiding to have money for all the materials needed in analyzing such information, the languages coming in hand once and awhile in her jobs. Now finishing up her self quest for knowledge and was left with the hard decision on what to do next. Before soon getting word of her mother's remarriage, so late on time as she then finds out her mother had two more children during her absence. Nyl knew from a standpoint that her parents grew apart, but the news was a shock either way. The last information she could get of their were about was at regalia, where she soon went after two more years of work to meet her new ‘father’ which was a regular Ailor man.
    Present Nyl would be spending quality time with her new family and have a stable job of selling alchemy products. Finally settling on a house, that she bought of a lovely yanar couple, and starting to becoming settled in.

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    #1 Sujitation, Jul 24, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
  2. Wumpatron

Wumpatron Das Wump

Claimed for Aspirant Review. Expect a Review within 24 hours @Wolfiecat940

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. Wumpatron

Wumpatron Das Wump

Review
    • Place your Expansions in a Spoiler, that way it saves from cluttering up your sheet.
    • For your first paragraph for your Personality and Abilities you use the term outcast. I am curious as to why. Nyllazza feels like a dedicated alchemist and generally well received. I would advise removing that term unless you can justify it to me.
    • For your second paragraph for your Personality and Abilities you state that Nyllazza feels herself lesser. I was hoping you can expand on this because given your life story she is very accomplished and driven. Perhaps it was a life occurrence that makes her feel this way? I leave it up to you, but I'm curious why she feels this way.
    • Now for the third paragraph, why does Nyllazza push back the thought of her family? Do they distract her from her work? Just a simple explanation of it.
    • I thoroughly enjoyed reading the life story, not really any point of edit, just a kudos.
    Besides some minor grammatical errors throughout I don't see much else to address. Make the changes above and mark them in a colour of your choosing and tag me once completed. @Wolfiecat940

@LumosJared

4. Sujitation

Sujitation Big ORC

@Wumpatron
    I have made corrected most of the edits needed, I have added spoilers, and reworded a little here and there. And thank you! I try to make my life stories more story based instead of just bullet points.

5. Wumpatron

Wumpatron Das Wump

I like the bullying explanation, it definitely adds a nice dynamic that should prove very interesting and practical given the IC role play environment she is currently in. With the edits being satisfied I am pleased to say this application is Approved

Keep up the nice work. @Wolfiecat940

6. Wumpatron

Wumpatron Das Wump

@Wolfiecat940 it appears that I had missed this when I had reviewed your application previously and had been brought to my attention. You have Nyllazza as an expert in both Alchemic Theory and History and Alchemic Philosophy. If you wish to have both disciplines they will both have to be decreased to a Scholar/Learned or Scholar/Scholar. You may be Expert level but only if you remove one of the disciplines entirely, only focusing on one. Make any of the listed changes I have for you and tag me once completed, apologies for the oversight on my part.

7. Sujitation

Sujitation Big ORC

Alright, but as the Alchemy rewrite is coming closer, I want to take this as an opportunity to redo the character sheet completely instead of just making the edits to have it approved then have to change it yet again for that. Could I request for this character sheet to be on hold? Or just until the release? But as for now, can I stick to her being an Expert in Alchemic Theory and History?
    @Wumpatron

8. Wumpatron

Wumpatron Das Wump

You may leave her as an Expert in Alchemic Theory and History so long as you remove the Alchemic Philosophy entirely and acknowledge the combat inefficiencies by being an expert in an intellect school. If you do so I see no other issues. @Wolfiecat940

9. Sujitation

Sujitation Big ORC

@Wumpatron
    With the new Alchemy rewrite, I have made changes to my character sheet. I have marked, most, of my changes in orange though I might have missed some and if so I apologize. Within the changes I've made, I have added her knowledge of 4 languages. I thought it was to much but I wanted to make sure she stayed the same age, if this needs to be changed then I will do so. As for any errors made, please correct me, I may have rushed it a bit.

10. Sujitation

Sujitation Big ORC

11. Wumpatron

Wumpatron Das Wump

Oh, my apologies, seems I had missed this between studies. So sorry.

Approved

12. Sujitation

Sujitation Big ORC

@Wumpatron
    Since the yanar rewrite had finally come into play, I wanted to update my character sheet, but reading over the page gave me some confusion. If it's possible, could you point out changes I need to make along with any additional or removal of some information? I can, of course, go and continue to read until I've made much of the edits myself but I just wanted some specific points needing change.

13. Wumpatron

Wumpatron Das Wump

So with the Yanar rewrite, the birthing process is different. Yanar produce asexually which means a Yanar reproduces by itself. It takes all of the emotions and characteristics it has experienced in the last 12 months and makes a 'child' or has the option to not make it if it doesn't feel like it had experienced the best emotions and so on. So that is how Nyl would have been born.

For characteristics like an Allar, Nyl would have to undergo the Ovalyte process. How that works in the simplest terms is a Yanar touches another individual and then shapes themselves to the physical traits of that person. If they use it on an Orc they become muscular and have tusks, for the case of an Allar, the long snout. But read the details on the page as I am speaking very loosely on the process.

If this changes the characters perspectives, etc. Make those changes and then I can review it. But all that really stands out for change is the birth process and the Ovalyte process. @Wolfiecat940

14. Sujitation

Sujitation Big ORC

@Wumpatron
    I have made the changes, which includes different story points, though I kept some the same as the previous character sheet, most of the differences are mixed into the life story. I'm sorry I wasn't able to color coat them since some was the same and how docs doesn't let you transfer well to forums. Please point out any changes since I am still rough with the yanar lore.

15. Sujitation

Sujitation Big ORC

@Wumpatron And, yet another Character sheet.. this one I just have to fix up but I got the points down.

16. Wumpatron

Wumpatron Das Wump