Novorra: The Age Of Refinement

Discussion in 'Faction Announcements' started by Daddy_Bill, Mar 15, 2021.

1. Daddy_Bill

Daddy_Bill Professional Amateur

[​IMG]

Hi everyone. Just thought I’d take some time out of my day today and post an update on what Novorra’s been up to over the last several weeks or so. Although it is clear that we have not been as active lately as we would normally like to be and that our member count has decreased considerably since our all time high of 180-ish in late January, I would like to put to rest the growing concern amongst some of our allies that our apparent decline has been happening without good reason.

At the instruction of both the Emperor and his Council, Novorra has entered a new period of development dubbed the Age of Refinement, a period characterized by a substantial decrease in recruitment efforts but a correspondingly larger focus on city building, architectural redesign, and internal reorganization. This shift in direction has been made to better facilitate Novorra’s ongoing construction efforts in Essa, a series of projects that will ultimately culminate in the founding of a brand new capital city for the Empire. Whereas previously much of our time had to be directed towards the management of our player base with the cities, facilities, and resources that we were already working with, the majority of our efforts can now go into the reconstruction and refinement of these critical components themselves. Additionally, an overhaul of our internal structure will allow us the opportunity to redefine our goals, our character, and our methods of achieving success. Although a quick look at our claims in Essa may give the impression that not much progress has so far been made in our redevelopment at all, this conclusion would in fact be the wrong one to make given the substantial development that has been done entirely underground.

In the photos below I offer the Factions community a sneak peek at the sort of projects that have been worked on in the face of Novorra’s most recent recession, as well as a preview of what can be expected to come from our upcoming work in the more visible portions of our claims in Essa. Anybody previously familiar with Novorran architecture will surely recognize the great leaps forward in both status and luxury that have been made in these projects relative to our preexisting constructions. With any luck, these images will demonstrate that Novorra’s standards for public faction facilities have risen considerably, and so too will its standards for full-fledged city building. Included in the shots below are our new faction home, raid room, and tutorial room for newer players of the server. With some still minor edits to make, all of these builds and plenty others like them will find themselves in heavy use as the next great peak of Novorra comes closer and closer to fruition.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In any case, I hope this short update and its accompanying images have helped to clarify the position that Novorra now finds itself in as well as illuminate a few of the outcomes that we expect to see as a result of our most recent change in direction. I am excited to see what all will result from this new age of development for Novorra, and I suspect that many others—both Novorrans and non-Novorrans alike—will be equally intrigued as well!

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    #1 Daddy_Bill, Mar 15, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2021
  2. Jalapeno690

Jalapeno690 Doge of Helvetica

Glory to Novorra!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. 5headgang

5headgang

Stupid roleplay factions smh

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. LittleHamster1

LittleHamster1

It's good to see some people striving towards refinement, towards perfection. A taste and appreciation of refinement is exactly what Ham needs in this much displeasing world unfit for my beauty.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1