Notice Of Intent

Discussion in 'Regalian Roleplay' started by Lizehrd, Oct 10, 2022.

1. Lizehrd

Lizehrd Lizard and Chill

Hand-penned notices would find their way across a great majority of the notice boards of Crookback, each one stamped with a painted blue insignia of a curling wolf emblem.
    ༺═──────────────═༻
    NOTICE OF INTENT

It has become increasingly apparent, both in the new Imperial Decree and the constant war of announcements and letters across the city, that we have all been placed into a time of great upheaval and chaos. We all know that the current mayorship of Crookback has taken a very strange and pointed direction with which to progress, and we all have our own responses: discontentment, celebration, delight, criticism, critique, and dissent, to name a few.

Where once Crookback was a place without regulation or the watchful eyes of military powers, it is transforming into a machine of production right before our eyes. Where once it had been referred to as an “economic sinkhole,” it is now being lashed to produce as much money as possible. With this in mind, I think it prudent to make clear my own intentions, so that my actions do not become lost or misconstrued in a time of division:

I will personally continue forward with my plans of development.
    The change in power, as far as I see it, does not disrupt my intentions of creating an educational program and school for Crookback. To any willing donors, teachers, tutors, or administrators, I would be more than happy to accept any help given.

I reaffirm my dream of making a Crookback that is healthy.
    I wholeheartedly support Quentin Lockwood as the current and only-recognizable owner of the Crookback Clinic, as I know that he believes in a day when Crookback’s streets are not soaked in blood. Part of that dream means keeping the Crookback Clinic open and free for all who need it.

I extend my hand and support to anybody who feels discontent with the current Crookback regulations.
    Change does not come overnight, and it is by community that we can cause true development. You are not alone in feeling uncertain. With numbers, that uncertainty dissipates.

With those points written down for the public to see, I believe I feel satisfied knowing now that anybody who can read this can be certain of just what I am doing at any given time. I am certain that the Bralona mayorship may agree with me on the points of development and health, as just last night I was hired to help inspect the old Crookback auditorium behind the Emporium, and instead I wound up being required to help theorize about how to transform it into a “defensible location.”

That is all I have to write on the matter. Change is coming up, and uncertainty is the only certainty in such a time. But it is never impossible to find sanctity in like-minded people. I love Crookback, as it was, and as it will be. And for all those in Crookback who are still struggling to read, I invite you to instead read between the lines.

Signed,
    Aldon Adeliason
    ༺═──────────────═༻

Local Asha lists his “reasons why I’m totally not dissenting haha don’t defund me” and talks about wanting to make progress in both development and health in Crookback.

• Winner Winner x 3