Archived No Minors Allowed

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ethaned

Everyday Pineapple Man
Reaction score
Can the guards start enforcing a little age restriction in the tavern? I mean I understand that age cut off would be lower then present day... but seeing small child in the tavern is kinda of an rp killer. 2014-02-23_20.02.28.png

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Can you explain why if you see a small child, that it would cut off the RP?

In all honesty... they had no standards back in Medieval times except that the parents could decide. You could be a toddler getting drunk and they didn't give a damn if the parent's didn't give a damn. Indeed, gender was more influential than age I think.

Pretty much, age restriction wasnt really a thing. It was "'ARE YOU A MAN?!!, YOU'RE NOT? GET THE FUCK BACK IN THE KITCHEN"

If parents didnt care, everyone else didnt back then getting married at 12 was a thing <3

Can the guards start enforcing a little age restriction in the tavern? I mean I understand that age cut off would be lower then present day... but seeing small child in the tavern is kinda of an rp killer.View attachment 22772
๖ۣۜNot really. Of all things it can make it rather interesting. As my older character Paul Beauveret, I approached the desk for a drink. I managed to get away by purchasing heavy 10 ales because there was no Regalian laws about age restriction.
Actually, in some regions of medieval times, it was so hard to get water, they actually got it in the form of beer because it would contain the lovely alcohol, but also bits of water. Sometimes it actually was VERY logical for kids to get ales...

Sees small child Shoo kid I m trynsh to gesh drunk and gesh shome tail Proceeds failing attempts to pick up the barmaid

Disallowing vampire characters makes sense (they're hated for good reason), and they should already know that the Golden Willow is off-limits for them when they turn. But prohibiting someone playing a human character who happens to be a minor, that's just unfair to the players using them.

Also, having children in the tavern doesn't kill RP. Their skins may possibly be a distraction, but I've seen plenty of adult characters with eye-catching skins as well. You simply choose to pretend they aren't there, and move on.

I once role-played as a four year old in the tavern. I must admit, I did not go around that size, it was much more of a realistic sizing. I had lots of fun role-playing as the innocent girl that clung to her mother's skirt and never left her side within the walls of the tavern. There isn't anything wrong with children standing in a tavern. Most everyone goes there to role-play because its filled with excitement. Even Maiars sit in a pool to see what sort of role-play they can run into. I don't think there should be an age restriction in the tavern.

Status
Not open for further replies.