Pending Review Newbie Suggestion

Discussion in 'Factions' started by Togal, Aug 5, 2019.

?

Protect the newb/noobs?

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Togal

Togal Combat Engineer

mzbhw3r8vk821.png
    These are 3 simple suggestions in order to protect the new players that decide to join Massivecraft UwU
    1. Dynmap timer - Massivecraft is a hostile environment for newbies that intend to go out into the wild, I suggest some sort of protection such as a timer on dynmap hide for an entire day until these noobs can settle into a save environment. Or hell even just make it so that players that in a faction only show up on dynmap.
    2. Starvation prevention - Add a melon farm at spawn or a little sign/NPC that will allow newbies to collect food every once in awhile (would suggest something like a stack of melons or a little bit of bread).
    3. Decrease the price to own a faction - there is already a rule regarding owning only 1 alternate faction, so there is no need to worry about people abusing it, if they do punish them swiftly. You could also implement a timer where a discount will be applied to the noobs (base of IP address for extra protection).
    I believe newer players shouldn't be forced into relying on power factions for shelter, food and protection at the start, sometimes just hopping on with your mates and screwing around and having some fun is important, could even possibly lead to more playtime. Thank you for reading this, y'all have a good time now.

• Like Like x 1
    #1 Togal, Aug 5, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2019
  2. ZiHAMMER

ZiHAMMER Violettee is a transgender

nice racism

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Togal

Togal Combat Engineer

Yes zi chicken

4. CnocBride

CnocBride Former leader of Enigma.

1. When we originally conceptualized /dynmap hide, there were calls for the introduction of a /dynmap hide access feature for newbies for about 1-4 weeks. This would need a Tech plugin I'd say.
    2. We could possibly implement this.
    3. This is being considered according to an offhanded comment made by Marty.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Violettee

Violettee Not Registered

Yeah Marty mentioned making factions cheaper or free, but in response staff need to tighten up on cleaning up the map, so stuff like random builds, griefing and factions that disband quickly and leave a mess behind.

In theory new players are supposed to be pushed into joining an existing Faction so they:
    1) have a safe place set up for them already so they can start gathering stuff and have a place to store them
    2) will have someone to guide them in their first few days with us so they don't get overwhelmed
    3)Will give the player time to see if they like the server, should they leave there won't be much to clean up after them.

But I guess in practice that just isn't happening. So I can't blame him for altering and making factions more accessible to new players upon joining. I just wish the theory worked.

• Informative Informative x 1