Archived New Way To Use Swords!

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aidan

Isaac Patterson
Reaction score
Faction
Igneous
Roleplay Guilds
2nd Street Adventurer Guild
As many of my friends on massivecraft have been telling me, they plan on making blocking with swords leas OP. This is not saying they should not but more of an idea of what they could do to make it leas OP.

First of all, they would need disable the blocking in the mcmmo pluging (Stats) and replace it with some thing leas OP. I think they should add some thing like this
( <--- Video form SethBling) I think this would help the server for a few reasons

1. It would stop the OP blocking
2. It would make PvP more fun for sword users (Witch most top fighters tend to use Axes)
3. Could help get more sword fighters
4. It is just a cool idea! I think that this could make a 1v1 with some one a little more then hit and hit then block when low on health. It would make it so you need to know when to block and not just hold it down all the time.

as this is my first time posting on this part of the forums please don't insult me for it being a bad idea or some thing, I'm just trying to help the server I love so much become even better!

note: I have tested this on a server with a few friends and it seems to work well and not glitch at all

Last edited:
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
It would make swords more difficult to use...
It would stop the amount of Sword "Turtles" in PVP fights...

I think I'd like this to see this be implemented...or at least tested somewhere.

Hasn't this already been posted before?

Weird... I remember someone else posting about the same exact plugin...

This idea and even the video was actually posted start of this week I believe by my friend @LeafMC by no means did you copy this and the thread hasn't seen much interest recently but again I do like the idea but I'm no pvper so I don't know to much

Yes, I DEFIANTLY SUPPORT THIS. This would make PVPing a lot more fun, and interesting.

Seems cool. It would have to be tested of course, but it may be a good idea. Or a crap one, but that's the joy of testing, nothing is hurt. Good job finding this, it looks excellent!

Counters was nerfed a bit the other day already.

Counters was nerfed a bit the other day already.
I know this but I think it would be better if they just replaced it with this, its more skill based then stat based and I think it will make the server's sword PvP much better then befor

Just a thought- what about axes?

If you're going to nerf swords like this, it has big implications for the use of axes as a replacement. McMMO makes the two pretty much equal, so you definitely need to consider axes if you plan on changing swords greatly.

Also, I suggest you either refine this thread into a new and separate idea, or remove it; as already pointed out, a thread has already been made about the BlingCombat plugin.

Finally, and I hate to say this, because it's said on every single idea thread: have you thought about the time required for the staff to code it? Or if not, then edit BlingCombat to be compatible with McMMO? (The latter would probably take longer, frankly). What makes this idea so needed? The staff already have a pretty long list of things to code, most notably the magic and traits plugins.

Just some things to think about, thanks for reading!

Just a thought- what about axes?

If you're going to nerf swords like this, it has big implications for the use of axes as a replacement. McMMO makes the two pretty much equal, so you definitely need to consider axes if you plan on changing swords greatly.

Also, I suggest you either refine this thread into a new and separate idea, or remove it; as already pointed out, a thread has already been made about the BlingCombat plugin.

Finally, and I hate to say this, because it's said on every single idea thread: have you thought about the time required for the staff to code it? Or if not, then edit BlingCombat to be compatible with McMMO? (The latter would probably take longer, frankly). What makes this idea so needed? The staff already have a pretty long list of things to code, most notably the magic and traits plugins.

Just some things to think about, thanks for reading!

first of all yes I know it would take time to code I'm not an idiot, but they have done much larger plugins, and 2nd of all Axes are very good as it is, if they wanted to they could try to make blocking for Axes but I think that most people would like Axes too stay the way they are for now. and last of all, I know some one else has made a thread about this and I did not know when I made this, and I will not remove this because I think it is helping get this idea more known even if not by that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.