Archived New Rules Concerning Land Claiming.

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitchell421

Refugee
Reaction score
the other day, my friend was looking around for new faction places for some outposts we were going to make and he came across a dock that would be perfect for our shipping themed faction. But even though the persons that had owned it have not played the game in longer than 12 months, we are not allowed to claim it. the building is not on faction land and is at least 20 chunks away from any other faction. Since valid faction land in Massivecraft is going to become increasingly rare as more players join the server, i was wondering if it would be possible to implement a new rule, so that if a player quits Massivecraft and doesn't play again any land used by him should be able to be claimed by another faction. Or maybe it could be given to Regalia (Faction) for others to buy.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Who said you were not allowed to claim it?

As far as I know, if the land is not used you may claim it. So long as you don't grief the buildings that are there.

I am aware i cannot grief the buildings but that is kinda the definition of owning it...

Ahh well I tagged some Staffmembers that should be familiar with the topics so they can give you a clear anwser ;)

Also what did you ask the Staffmember exactly ?
I am pretty sure it is allowed to tear down unused buildings in Wilderness (No Deadbolts/Signs stating the area is actively used) and build another building there.

I was on a ticket the other day involving a dock town of sorts, perhaps it was you? I sent a mail as the land was in fact being actively used and there were active deadbolts in the area which got claimed over. The person actively using the area sent in a ticket about it.

the other day, my friend was looking around for new faction places for some outposts we were going to make and he came across a dock that would be perfect for our shipping themed faction. But even though the persons that had owned it have not played the game in longer than 12 months, we are not allowed to claim it. the building is not on faction land and is at least 20 chunks away from any other faction. Since valid faction land in Massivecraft is going to become increasingly rare as more players join the server, i was wondering if it would be possible to implement a new rule, so that if a player quits Massivecraft and doesn't play again any land used by him should be able to be claimed by another faction. Or maybe it could be given to Regalia (Faction) for others to buy.

Then you should realize the same rules apply...
But Omnomivore has stated (if it was you) that the land is actively used.

Omnomivore i haven't yet claimed the land so that couldn't have been me. i had a moderator check the area and see if there were any deadbolts and he said there were not any and there was no claimed land within 16 chunks

Omnomivore i haven't yet claimed the land so that couldn't have been me. i had a moderator check the area and see if there were any deadbolts and he said there were not any and there was no claimed land within 16 chunks

You're poll if basically pointless as this thread post. If the land isn't claimed and is inactive, then the rules state you are in your right to claim/use it. The rules don't need changing, because this is already the rule.

Is the land near another faction land?
- No
Is the land ACTIVELY used?
- No

In this case there is nothing keeping you from just claiming it. By abandoning a land (claim wise) and not using it (actively) all rights to it are forfeited (as far as I know).

To cover any confusion if they were not clear enough, when a structure is considered "active" it means that is has no locked doors or chests with an active deadbolt.

To cover any confusion if they were not clear enough, when a structure is considered "active" it means that is has no locked doors or chests with an active deadbolt.

That sentence does not make sense. I think you mean the reverse. You seem to be saying is a building is active when it has no active deadbolts.

That sentence does not make sense. I think you mean the reverse. You seem to be saying is a building is active when it has no active deadbolts.
Yes thats what I meant sorry, it was 3 am when I typed that >.< thank you for catching that.

Status
Not open for further replies.