Archived My Take On /fix

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.

BenRekt

Chopper Gunner
Reaction score
Faction
Magnanimus
/fix was good when it was first implemented on the server, but it has lead to an economy where tools, weapons and armor rarely, if ever, leave circulation as well as significantly devaluing diamonds and other crafting materials as a whole.

My preferred solution to this issue would be to simply make repairing items with /fix require diamonds in order to repair items. For example, a sword would require 2 diamonds in addition to the already needed fix power.

There are only benefits to this solution because it a) Nerfs /fix b) Potentially increases the price of diamonds, armor and tools and c) Lessens the disparities between premium and non-premium players.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Fix should have been that little boost you needed at the end to finish repairing an item after you've grinded XP in the darkroom and repaired most of the item. Instead, it became the go to for repairing anything and everything.

In short, a game breaking, aspect removing feature.

In all honesty I think it should be removed entirely and be forced to use either mcmmo or vanilla anvils, at least for a long enough to time that the god armor supply goes down. Personally, I think shooting to get a set of God armor back up to around 6 or 700 regals would be pretty reasonable, but would likely take quite a while.

That being said, I fully support this as a compromise between the two extremes.

In all honesty I think it should be removed entirely and be forced to use either mcmmo or vanilla anvils, at least for a long enough to time that the god armor supply goes down. Personally, I think shooting to get a set of God armor back up to around 6 or 700 regals would be pretty reasonable, but would likely take quite a while.

But with lore items and stuff I use /fix because it guarantees nothing will screw up with the enchants.

But with lore items and stuff I use /fix because it guarantees nothing will screw up with the enchants.
Vanilla anvils won't screw enchants, but it will become too expensive at some point - which is why /fix is super useful but also keeps items in circulation for much too long.

Honestly, I'd suggest changing the durability of diamond armor down a bit. Since it hardly ever breaks, more just flood into the economy

What they REAAAALLLY need to do is remove x3 durability. I raid a lot, and never once has my armor broken. It's the same for majority of the pvpers, well at least that I know. If no armor is breaking, nothing is going to change. People just gather more and more sets everyday and if it actually breaks they won't have to keep using the same set.

Honestly, I'd suggest changing the durability of diamond armor down a bit. Since it hardly ever breaks, more just flood into the economy

What they REAAAALLLY need to do is remove x3 durability. I raid a lot, and never once has my armor broken. It's the same for majority of the pvpers, well at least that I know. If no armor is breaking, nothing is going to change. People just gather more and more sets everyday and if it actually breaks they won't have to keep using the same set.
I think this is a good alternative.

Exactly! Wise man.

Honestly that would be a bad idea if nothing was changed with Axes mcmmo. As it is now I can destroy someones helm in less than 30 seconds (from max dura) if I get a couple of good combos if you remove the extra durability I'll be able to do it in likely less than 10 seconds.

I mean being OP because of my stats would be nice but not really fair for other players.

Removing /fix though I am all for. My axe hungers for armor!

Honestly that would be a bad idea if nothing was changed with Axes mcmmo. As it is now I can destroy someones helm in less than 30 seconds (from max dura) if I get a couple of good combos if you remove the extra durability I'll be able to do it in likely less than 10 seconds.

I mean being OP because of my stats would be nice but not really fair for other players.

Removing /fix though I am all for. My axe hungers for armor!
@ulumulu1510 Is there any way as of yet to configure McMMO to get axes to do less armor damage?

@ulumulu1510 Is there any way as of yet to configure McMMO to get axes to do less armor damage?
I took a swift look at MCMMO configurationa and the answer is "somewhat":
https://github.com/mcMMO-Dev/mcMMO/blob/master/src/main/resources/advanced.yml#L130

You can set three things: At how many levels the armordamage increases, at how many percent damage this caps (if that was 20% a piece of armor could never be destroyed in under five hits) and the chance to when this can happen. Tweaking could be difficult, but it's possibly.

I am no PvPer and I am not saying anything like this gets done, but if it would, I would leave that up to the PvP department to juggle around with.

Staff are currently watching the market and money situation to evaluate if we need to make more changes.

At this time, Fix cost has been decreased to 0.5 regals for 1% fix.

If it is deemed fix needs an additional cost of items, we will keep this suggestion in mind.