Character Application: Malek Moon-born

Discussion in 'Character Sheets' started by Yavz, May 17, 2021.

1. Yavz

Yavz Certified Moon Admirer

Basic Information
    • Full Name: Malek Moon-Born
    • Race: Zolathar Kathar
    • Sexuality: Heterosexual
    Skill Information

Total Skill Points:
    15 points in Talent Group Proficiencies + 13 points in Core Group Proficiencies + 12 points in Sorcery Spells + 6 points in Roguery= 46 Total Skill Points Spent

Total Hobby Proficiency Points:
    5 Points in Musical Art + 5 points in Nature Art = 10 Total Hobby Proficiency Points Spent

• Strength Training - 5 points
    • Perception Training - 5 points
    • Bodycare Training - 5 points
    • Dagger Combat - 10 points +5 racial boost
    • Fist Combat - 3 points
    • Vocal Art - 3 points
    • Instrument Art - 2 points
    • Pathfinding Art - 5 points
    Sorcery Abilities:
    • Element Control 3 (3 points)
    • Magic Bolt 1 (3 points)
    • Light Mend 3 (3 points)
    • Rogue Gift 4 (3 points)
    • Wall Climb 3 (3 points)
    • Arcane Mastery 1 (3 points)
    Body Shape
    • Physical Stat calculation:
      (5 points "Bodycare Training" x 0.5 )+ (10 points "Dagger Combat" + 5 points "Fist Combat" + 5 points "Strength Training" + 5 points "Racial Boost- Dagger Combat") = 2.5 + 10 + 5 + 5 +5 = 22.5 Physical Stat
    • Athletic Body Shape
    • Low Body Fat
    Special Traits/Spells/Mutations
    • Common Kathar Abilities
    • Zolathar Kathar tribal abilities: Void Storage 1 and Flux Shift 5
    • Two Abilities from the Kathar Ability Pool: World Shift 1 and Body Scripture 1
    • Bodycare Training 5 Ability: Skin Purge 1
    • Strength Training 5 Ability: Great Force 1
    • Mutations:
      • Void Horns: 3 red horns (2 big and 1 small) on the head.
      • Void Ocular: Red eye colour.
      • Pagan Kin: Right-arm and hand are covered in red feathers.
      • Void Claws: Hand nails and Foot nails are exposed through clothing and blackened, not much longer than average long human nails.
      • Exist Crown: Red Feathered Wings on the back. (aesthetic only. for the wall climb 3 spell)
    • Von Kerle Vampirism (inactive)
      • Abilities: Von Kerle Base Kit Abilities + Von Kerle Bloodline Kit
      • Vampire Form Visual Description:
      • A creature in full snow-white clothing, with a cloak and a hood that covers most of his face. His eye sockets have been darkened intensely and his eyes are glowing an intense and bloodthirsty red. Points of his fingers and toes have been darkened. His hair has turned pitch-black. Skin is snow-white as well. His wings seem to be snowing, his feet leave footprints as if he was walking on snow (both of these effects are just aesthetic, the snow disappears after a few seconds).
    Visual Information
    • Eye Color: Red
    • Hair Color: White
    • Hair Style: Long Hair with a small samurai bun at the top
    • Skin Color: Hawkes Blue (mildly whiter)
    • Clothing: A robe that doesn't cover the left shoulder and arm. The top part of the robe is mainly red. The lower part is black. The belt is also black. No shoes.
    • Height: 6'8"
    Personality
    Option One: The Question List

• How would your character express Happiness and Contentedness?
      • My character would express his happiness and contentedness by either laughing or smiling openly if he is around others. If he is alone or with strangers, he hesitates and keeps a straight face almost all the time.
    • How would your character respond to experiencing Fear?
      • My character would respond to experiencing fear by trying to stay as calm as possible and/or trying to move away from the things that make him scared slowly, watching each step in order to not make a mistake and fail in his fight against fear.
    • How would your character respond to experiencing Stress?
      • My character would respond to experiencing stress by moving away from the things or situations that stress him if possible. If moving away is not a choice, my character will endure the stress as much as he can until the point where he might lose his mind to the Void and go berserk.
    • How does your character view Law and Authorities?
      • My character only respects Law and Authorities if they respect him back. If the Law or the Authorities treat my character badly or ignore his actions, he will be mad at the Law or the Authorities and he might even go as far as conspiring against them secretly.
    • How does your character feel about Races other than their own?
      • My character is neutral to most Races but that doesn't mean he wouldn't hate anyone who behaves badly around him, he would go as far as killing someone of his own kind if he hates them. One exception is the Velheim(Northerners). My character doesn't like the Velheim because of the racism and bullying he has endured from them for years.
    • How does your character feel about Religion for themselves, and other faiths?
      • My character believes in the Ancient Worship of the Zolathar and siphons his magical powers from the void. He also never hesitates to discuss with other Kathar races about whose interpretation of the Ancient Worship is better.
    • How does your character feel about the Arcane and Magical in the world?
      • My character is a sorcerer that is still in training so he is mostly respecting toward other mages or fully-trained sorcerers he comes across.
    • How does your character feel towards their family?
      • My character hasn't met his family. He was found and raised by a Void mage who saw the potential inside him. The Void mage has long since passed, but he is still looking for a mentor in order to become a full-fledged sorcerer or a Void mage himself.
    • What is your character the most proud of about themselves?
      • My character is most proud of his current progress with fire elemental magic and how he can light up any torches, candles, etc. with his bare hands.
    • What motivates your character to move forward and better their life?
      • My character is motivated by seeing other mages and full-fledged sorcerers live their lives however they want. He seeks to become better and train more to master his Void magic.
    • What is your character's biggest insecurity?
      • My character's biggest insecurity is the fact that he might not ever be able to master his Void magic as well as the Void mage who parented him in his childhood.
    • What is your character's biggest fear?
      • My character's biggest fear is that he used to be afraid of rats. Now that he has become an adult and improved his abilities/skills, he only gets scared of rats if he doesn't expect/suspect that the rat(s) is near him.
    Life Story (Required)
    Malek was born to a pure-blooded Zolathar Kathar family (This was discovered by the void mage who parented him while he was experimenting on Malek). A few years after he was born, his family disappeared in an unknown accident. He was left in the streets in a dark alley as a baby and right at the brink of his life, a Kathar mage approached him and sensed his abilities and potential which lead to the mage picking him up and taking him to his shack to feed him and have him sleep. The mage found a name knitted on the child's clothes "Malek" and he decided to keep that name for the child. He noticed a red moon tattoo on the child's exposed left shoulder which later gave him the idea of having the child's last name be "Moon-Born." During his childhood, he naturally acquired his abilities through age and training with the Void mage. Other than his magical abilities and spells that he learnt from the Void Mage, he has also grown his hair long to his liking and has built-up enough muscle strength to handle daggers with ease and strike his opponents on mostly accurate killing points, handle himself in a fist fight against above-average people. His body has become what would be described as an athletic body shape. His horns have grown longer and have become a darker red color. He has kept his low body fat throughout his childhood. He got taller than the Void mage as the old man was nearing his death. The old man helped him find out his true Zolathar-specific and Kathar-standard abilities. And throughout his life, he witnessed many Kathar people get disrespected by the Velheim, and he has also seen many Kathar people- including the Void mage who parented him- use their abilities to hurt the Velheim people back, some even killing their targets. The Void mage trained him to be able to kill at his will. He spent his whole life climbing his way to the top, achieving bigger goals every year until his biggest goal: becoming a full-fledged mage/sorcerer. After his master's death, he has come to Regalia seeking for another master/parent while also seeking experience in crime and the underworld.​

#1 Yavz, May 17, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2021
  2. Lizmun

Lizmun yeah Staff Member Lore2

@Yavz claimed for review!

3. Lizmun

@Yavz Here is my review:
    Basic Information
    - No issues!​
    Skill Information
    - Please include a calculation for your physical stat
    - Please put all your proficiencies in one place, include the total cost of all your sorcery spells with the rest of your proficiencies
    - Put the name of the mutations your character has (mutations can be found here) then describe what it looks like, rather than just the description​
    Visual Information
    - I think 'Hawkes Blue' is fine, so long as you keep the not that says it's a bit more whiter/grayish than it is 'blue'.​
    Personality
    - No issues​
    Life Story
    - No issues​

Please make the requested changes then tag me!

4. Yavz

Hello @Lizmun
    I hope these changes are alright.

Skill Information
    - Physical Stat calculation:
    (10 points "Bodycare Training" x 0.5 )+ (10 points "Dagger Combat" + 5 points "Fist Combat" + 5 points "Strength Training" + 5 points "Racial Boost- Dagger Combat") = 5 + 10 + 5 + 5 +5 = 25 Physical Stat

- Total Cost:
    20 points in Talent Group Proficiencies + 15 points in Core Group Proficiencies + 9 points in Sorcery Spells = 44 Total Cost
    • Strength Training - 5 points
    • Perception Training - 5 points
    • Bodycare Training - 10 points
    • Dagger Combat - 10 points +5 racial boost
    • Alchemy Science - 5 points
    • Fist Combat - 5 points
    • Element Control 3 (3 points)
    • Magic Bolt 1 (3 points)
    • Element Brand 3 (3 points)
    - Mutations:
    • Void Horns: 3 red horns (2 big and 1 small) on the head.
    • Void Ocular: Red eye colour.
    • Pagan Kin: Right-arm and hand are covered in red feathers.
    • (Edit:) Void Claws: Hand nails and Foot nails are exposed through clothing and blackened, not much longer than average long human nails.

5. Lizmun

@Yavz Could you make the edits on your original post? All you need to do is click this button:
    upload_2021-5-16_23-19-30.png
    At the bottom of your initial post!

6. Yavz

@Lizmun Done.

7. Lizmun

8. Yavz

@Lizmun Would it be fine if I add some spells later? Or do I not have to put it in the character application?

9. Lizmun

Any spells you gain you have to add to the application!

10. Yavz

@Lizmun
    Hello, I need a Re-Review! Mainly because of the Kathar Racial Ability changes. I also made small changes to my sorcery spells and edited out some wrong proficiency calculations.

11. Yavz

@Lizmun I am once again, asking for your re-review.

12. Yavz

@Lizmun I am once again, asking for your re-review. And also, I just got infected with vampirism, could you tell me what exactly I have to add to the character page?

13. Lizmun

@Yavz For vampirism I will need:
    What vampirism line you go with
    What abilities the affliction gives you
    What your vampire form looks like

I am sorry review has been slow, but I see every response to this thread and I keep track of what threads I need to re-review readily. I have work off tomorrow, I plan to hit all my re-reviews then, including yours.

14. Yavz

No worries, thank you for the help as always, much love, much cool. Hope I haven't been a burden.
    The edits have been made.

15. Lizmun

@Yavz Apologies for the delay, but, I am going to tentatively mark you as approve, with a mild warning.

You have a lot of combat abilities. Please don't add any more.

Also, mark your sorcery as inactive due to vampirism

16. Yavz

I'm confused. Are my normal sorcery abilities unavailable to me for the duration of being a vampire?
    I didn't see anything about that in the vampirism page.

17. Lizmun

@Yavz Any sorcery, magic, or faith manifest abilities are unusable to vampires as dictated by their base kit:
    upload_2021-7-6_18-53-1.png

18. Yavz

@Lizmun Ah. Well thanks for the heads up, I will keep it in mind from now on. I won't use Sorcery abilities until I'm cured.

19. Yavz

@Lizmun I accidently put it on re-review again lol. My bad.

20. Yavz

@Lizmun Hi I made a few changes,
    Spent the base 10 Hobby Points,
    Removed a combat spell,
    Also not a vampire anymore so I changed that.

21. Lizmun

@Yavz When not infected, don't completely delete vampirism from the app. Just not somewhere that your character has been infected with a certain bloodline before, but mark it as 'inactive'. This just lets any future reviewers know that your character has been infected before, just in case that information is relevant.

22. Yavz

@Lizmun where exactly should I add that? I mean just so the app is tidy.

23. Yavz

@Lizmun I added back the vampirism section and marked it inactive.

24. Lizmun