Mountain Chain Civil War: Prologue

Discussion in 'Progression Events' started by MonMarty, Aug 20, 2014.

1. MonMarty

MonMarty Thotdodger Staff Member Server Owner

Following the speeches of the Coen's to their people, a couple of days of complete silence ruled in the Duchy of the Mountain Chain. On the 20th of August however, the worst violence not seen since Mad Freya's usurping attempt on the throne exploded across the Mountain Chain. Simultaneously, sailors in the South of the Mountain Chain mutineered against their captains, while in the center towns threw out the Coen bailiffs en masse. In the north, pro-Coen bailiffs quickly seized the violence in the south to organize Pro-Coen militia's and retain control over the islands of Nordbergen and northern Hartzbergen. The small island of Lindes in a defiant move, resisted rebel momentum and remained loyal, though woefully surrounded and im immediate danger.

Four large Coen war vessels managed to escape from Lauenburg before rebels seized the ships, escaping further north to Kade harbors, as Lauenburg and Bergen, The Mountain Chain's southern only port cities, were under Rebel control. Small military units sprang up across the Mountain Chain, fortifying Rebel and Coen control in their respective areas. The Coen's retained control over their capital, Coennia, but lost Warrenord and Warrensud. What soldiers were able to be mobilized quickly mobilized, maintaining control over Warrenmid, but the atmosphere in the capital was tense at best. Following the Coen's statements of sentencing rebels to the mines for a decade, the Rebels started blowing up the mines all across their rebel held areas, denouncing them as tools of Coen tyranny, crippling the local Iron trade and shutting down the forges.

What areas were retained by the Coens became bitterly divided. Their encouragements of loyalty to the family caused a severe "snitch" atmosphere, where neighbors were betraying each other, often falsely, in return for favors from the ruling family. Elsewhere, the price of coal plummeted in the Lamperouge lands as the demand for Coal crashed. The forges were now no longer producing weapons on the Coen lands, resulting in local petty noble outcries across the Daendroque Sardini and Daendroquin lands further south. There were small protests across the Anahera, Ivrae, Kade and Dusablon estates. The State Council summoned an emergency meeting to discuss the nature of the revolt.

The revolt leaders made it apparant in an open letter to the Crown Prince that they did not rebel against his divine authority or his rule, but that they wished to depose the tyrannical Coen family and undo their changes. The Crown Prince remained silent as he had been for the past months, relying instead on the State Council to formulate a response on his behalf.

Any would be ally of the Coens would not be direly needed to crush the rebel sentiment. The first objective for any assistance, would be the capture of Risor and Krago. Risor held the important cross bridge jump to the smaller islands, defensive coastal citadels that would otherwise have to be besieged for months. Additionally Kargo would have to be captured immediately to allow supplies and reinforcements to be shipped in, and to alleviate the surrounded capital Island Warrenmid.

In Regalia already, many flocked to the local mercenary institutions, willing to fight the rebels to stake their claim of glory on the battlefield, in the hopes of being noticed by the Crown Prince, or to gather fame and fortune for themselves. The outcome of this Civil War, would determine much.

[​IMG]
    OOC funsies: So, we have ourselves another war conflict happening. This one is slightly different however. As long as the State Council has not declared the Rebels outlawed yet, any Regalian citizen may fight on the Rebel's side in an attempt to crown themselves new Dukes of the Mountain Chain should they be able to win. Character /may/ die if they get captured by the Coen's, but hey, everything has risks. As long as the State Council does not place any particular judgement on this event, nothing is illegal yet, on either side, as long as it remains within the Regalian war laws.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  2. BillyTheScruffy

BillyTheScruffy Massive's Resident Law Enthusiast

Yes. I like this.

• Creative Creative x 1
  3. D3RPOSAURUS

D3RPOSAURUS Lady Milahme Cone!

[[Damn... fun... ]]

4. Billy_Rage

Billy_Rage The heart of a lover, the soul of a writer

How dare those plebs rebel against the scruffy demi-god!

5. Johto_Jo

Johto_Jo Irresponsible Father

(( I do not liek! ; ^; Conflicttttttt... Wonderfully written, though. ou o ))

6. BillyTheScruffy

William would look at the Chaos in the Mountain chain, turning to his sister with a tear rolling down his cheek, a sickening feeling building up in the pit of his stomach as he begins to mutter.

"I am so sorry, sister... I have failed you, I have failed this land, and I have failed our family." He ponders for a few more moments, bringing his index finger and thumb to his nasal as he closed his eyes, a pushed a hand through his dark brown locks of hair.
    "I am nothing but a blacksmith, after this last push, this last struggle... This is yours. I no longer posses the ability to give these people what they want. I hope that you can, Duchess."

William clutched his sword, the last of the tears trailing down his facial scar, dripping onto the blade as he examined it infront of himself.

@Adventurecait8 @Thorodax @SupremeCripple @Volkmarus @Whoeverelsereadsit.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Phon_Senajan

Phon_Senajan Out there ON the sun

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  8. BillyTheScruffy

Its not just Milahme, William will assist, but with my current situation both in game, and with my real life, I cannot keep up noble roleplay. So, If the Coens manage to retake the Mountain Chain, Milahme will be given the role as family head.

9. krios41

krios41 Privjet

-looks at map-
    -starts making plans in his head-
    but for wich side...?
    -stops thinking and crawls back in his dark corner to finish his writing-

10. G0atfather

G0atfather The G0atfather

Damon let out a small sigh before writing a letter to the Coen family

Dear Noble House Coen
    I recently heard of the rebellion going through your lands. I would like to assist in any way i can. Can not let commoners get cocky, thinking they can take land that is not theirs, now can we?

Sincerely
    Damon Sig.png
    @BillyA835 @Adventurecait8

• Thank You! Thank You! x 4
  11. AccursedRadiance

AccursedRadiance White People at a Cookout: It needs more salt

[[How many troops would you geusstimate are I Lindes, Because ummmm ya know, Blockades And sieges are fun....]]

12. AccursedRadiance

-reserved for later usage-

13. Bensonio

Bensonio Nordskag Enthusiast

(( Oh Valds gonna enjoy twerkin... I mean, kicking rebel ass in this))

14. Xskill

Xskill I'm a Hoax now.

Hmm. It would appear that while the Coen is most obviously outnumbered in terms of standard army size, they have more defensible islands, two of the larger cities and more warships. Interesting...

Pushing in and capturing Risor might not be very good though considering those guerrilla forces, hmm...

#14 Xskill, Aug 20, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2014
  15. Billy_Rage

Billy_Rage The heart of a lover, the soul of a writer

I'm interested to see who will join the rebels for their chance of gaining power.

16. DipliPsychi

DipliPsychi your server farmboy

Dwarves! Band together and let us take this puny Kingdom!

17. OldManJ98

OldManJ98 I Like Boxes

How does one join the rebels? I have a character who already hates Regalia who would love to join

18. indyfan98

indyfan98 I'm not narcissistic. I'm just better than you.

Proudhammer Clan's army needs to start moving in. Time to bring back dwarven nobility!

19. DipliPsychi

DipliPsychi your server farmboy

I be backin' the entire Military of the Proudhammer clan aswell as serving under the king.

20. indyfan98

This should totally be a game of Risk. Custom board and armies.

21. AccursedRadiance

((@MonMarty Is there a more detailed description of Lindes out there? So I can draw up a more close up map of the area? For everyones usage?))

22. indyfan98

Oi, Wolfryk! I say 'ere be what we do. I say we best try attack in' Billun. Destroy on o the two bridges to the south n' bring in teh rebel forces from the north n' south. Take the ci'y fer Proud'ammer Clan!

23. BadladBarbas

BadladBarbas Meme Connoisseur

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  24. TheFinitePeach

TheFinitePeach The World's First Sentient Fruit

How would we join le rebels?

25. _Nick__

_Nick__ Nicholas Ceadon

I think you contact Marty.

26. Johto_Jo

Johto_Jo Irresponsible Father

(( -Slaps- ))

• Funny Funny x 1
  27. PaulaDeen

PaulaDeen qt pie

@BillyA835 @Adventurecait8 @whoeverelse

A small ship arrived at Mithril's harbor, bearing cyan and orange flags. After docking, a man climbed out of the ship, and hauled about ten boxes out. The boxes were addressed to the king of Mithril and all seemed to be quite heavy, as if they were filled with weights. Upon opening the largest box, one would find three sets of steel armor, appearing as if they had recently been made. The combined contents of the boxes are as follows:

Fifteen shortswords
    Fifteen longswords
    Twenty suits of armor

All the items were made out of a strong steel, the material looking strangely familiar. Resting on top of one of the sets of armor was a small envelope, addressed to William Coen himself, bearing an odd seal. Inside the envelope, the following note could be found:

Take back what is yours
    ~The Deephome Trading Company

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
    • Generous Generous x 2
  28. HigherAltidude

HigherAltidude The Youngest Gun

@BillyA835 ((Let us Paloins get in on this, our Alt-Regalich mercs/warriors make good soldiers))

29. BillyTheScruffy

make a conversation on the forums with me and we can discuss it :)

30. HigherAltidude

HigherAltidude The Youngest Gun

Ok, and mind if I add Barbas too? I'm kinda new at being patriarch, and doing rp war, heh

31. A'mika

A'mika Going to approve my char A'mika and then do this,

(Hoping for the sake of all those Rebels that Regalia doesn't make the Rebels illegal or, well, I think we can all predict the result.)