Archived More Regalian Boats & World Spawn Points

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mecharic

I'm tempermental, deal with it.
Reaction score
Faction
Al'Darub
Roleplay Guilds
Emerald Alliance
So, this idea would need work from staff but *should* have a fairly good result (one would hope). The simple part of the idea is that there would be more boats and more spawn points in worlds. I shall now explain how these would work and help.

How it Works:
Regalia is a city with what, 6-7 boats in the harbor? As pointed out by others (Kirby12352) 6-7 boats would not be able to supply a city the size of Regalia. So, naturally, more would be needed. Now, why bother having more boats if they just go to the same place eh? Well, make em go to different places. Namely, more world spawns.

This idea uses currenlty existing mechanisms but just makes more of them, and alters one of them. Build 3-4 different "Regalian Trade Ports" (basically, small areas with a mine, farms, or some other resource nearby) in different regions of a world. Each one would get it's own unique ship (not unique as in appearance, but rather unique in warps) and it's own dock at Regalia.

This would probably require an expansion of the Regalian Harbor, and would possibly allow for Harbor Shops to be set up with high rents but also higher traffic than the current layout.

How it Helps:
The first thing it does is make it easier to travel to a specific part of a world. Trying to get to an ally on the other side of the map? Now you can use Regalia as the Hub it's supposed to be and grab a ship to the nearest Trading Port. This encourages inter-faction travel on ROADS to and from the Trading Ports.

It also disperses the initial noob waves between 3-4 different locations. This will slow the rate of grief and make it easier for factions to repair (they can take care of the bits near them). The noobs will also not be building on top of each other, and will thus be able to experience Massive with more enjoyment.

This will also add both size and importance to Regalia as an easy travel hub. It will turn the harbor there into a bustling mess of activity as people travel to various parts of the world via ship, and will make it easier to explain how the greatest empire in the world supplies its capitol city on an island.

Lastly, it makes it harder to camp a spawn due to the fact that there are now 3-4 spawns in each world. The spawns will not just sit in the center of the map being pretty towns surrounded by grief, but will instead be sitting on the edges so that the center can become wild and/or war torn.

So, ideas/thoughts?

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Two things:
One i agree with you 100% There should be more areas which prevents noob floods and perhaps a new center of rp.
Two, When i looked at the last three words, i immediatly looked at your profile picture. Those two fit well

Seems like a good idea. The question is where would the new spawns go within each world. Maybe people with ideas can post dynmap images of the location they want to suggest.

I'm thinking that there needs to be spawns at the edge of each world, with ships and such. Then, in the middle, a PvP warzone. Like, a huge citadel with lots of opportunities of an awesome parkour battle between many factions.

Supported with flying colors

I think this is a great idea.
Why?
More opportunities for different spawn points on numerous continents are good for both RP and PVP aspects. RPers would have the opportunity to roleplay in different places of the continent (obviously) and they might stop crowding in Regalia and go to the other safepoints created by new boats and small cities or towns. If Massivecraft players are something - it's that they are curious and love exploring things. I personally waited for a solid twenty minutes on the New Ceardia dock, waiting for the ship to finally be released.
Speaking of, consider that incident when New Ceardia just opened, when every single person sat crowded on the docks in their god armor and all. For PVP aspects, access to different points on a continent allow for more serious raiding, easier gathering of resources and MCMMO leveling. When there is only a singular safe place in a world and the rest is surrounded by wilderness, all of the god-armored players just sit outside in the wilderness of that one singular protected area and wait for people to just walk out and be plucked off, one by one. A bunch of new opportunities to spawn in different places makes for a more tactical and easier way to avoid getting lynched by others right off the bat - especially for new players who just got to a new continent. Also, grief outside of a singular area would be much less (have you looked outside of the New Ceardia spawn lately? It's ruined) since there would be more places to spawn on the continent and therefore a more evenly distributed depletion of resources.

Supported.
Also something that could take us to different parts of regalia would be cool. Like the T.A.M.I.T.S. or whatever it was called.

This sounds like a good idea. You can mark the boats like 'To Daendroc North' or east and you can have 4 spawn points for each world.

I really miss some of the old regalia districts such as the eleven district. Now it just seems to be the same houses throughout. I'd like dictrics for each race with a spawn point for that race.

Mech. I've been musing over this... in the context of my Anarcadia proposition and how we can get both ideas up the flagpole.

I think it was Kirbz who said it first that my "one boat out of Regalia" idea was pretty naff - and I agree. That left me with a quandary: how do we have a stack of boats in the harbour but still install a buffer where Noobs are channeled through the one 'dispensable' world before they realise Daendroc, Fendarfall, Ithania etc even exist?

I've arrived at a possible solution with a Role Playing slant (always gotta love a backstory) - bare with me this will take some telling:

The island location for Regalia was chosen because it is protected by a surrounding ring of treacherous rocks about 100 to 200 meters offshore. [[NOTE: This would require the clever genius who created the treacherous rocks in Ellador's Far North to now add some more to surround Regalia... but I don't think that's too much to ask?]] This ring makes Regalia a more easily defensible empire but at the same time many otherworld sea captains regard taking their ships into Regalia as an unnecessary risk.

With that said there is a way though the 'Regalian Ring' to the West. A treacherous pass called the Widowmaker. Over the years a brave band of privateer sea captains have learned a route for safe passage through this treacherous pass... a closely guarded secret passed down from father to son.

Over the millennia those same families of mariners have formed a close knit community with their own flotilla of smaller ships they use to ferry goods and passengers through the Widowmaker out to the large island of Anarcadia (or Tortuga?) to the South West where a bustling docklands sees otherworld Captains loading and unloading without fear of losing their ships to the Widowmaker.

These brave privateer captains (and their respective crews) love nothing more than to gather at The Golden Willow Tavern and brag about how much quicker they can sail the Widowmaker than the other crews... or regale normal folk with tales of close calls and sea monsters alike.

Each family has it's own crest and and colour scheme for the sails and flags on their boats:

The Cayorian Express flotilla is Green and Gold.

Baverlines' flotilla is Purple and Gold

Thunder Ocean's flotilla is dark Blue and Black

and so on

This way we can still have heaps of boats at Regalia harbour but they can all have the one destination: Anarcadia

As previously discussed Anarcadia can have a small protected area on the East where the small clippers dock (and players spawn) and a larger protected dock elsewhere on the island. In an ideal world the dock for the larger boats and the small clippers would be at the same place but we need to use a bit of license here because we are trying to encourage Noobs into the 'dispensable' wilderness of Anarcadia before they realise there are other 'griefable' worlds like Daendroc, Ellador etc available from the larger docks.

The larger docks contain the boats that currently reside at Regalia docks (e.g. the boat to Daendroc, boat to Ithania, Ellador etc)

From a gameplay perspective it would be like the old days where the docks are at /warp docks and we'd keep the markets at Regalia so that it doesn't become a ghost town. /uspawn would still be Regalia.

What do you reckon?

So, like the blimps in ellador, but different travel method/path(from regalia) and more official?

So, like the blimps in ellador, but different travel method/path(from regalia) and more official?

Yep, that was where the thought originally came from - Except there would be no central spawn point. When you die I propose that you spawn at the nearest spawn point rather than a central point.

aw yea now i remember that name... a friend was talking about dr.Who latley and i just didn't understind the first minuts that Who was the name of that wat was he again? timelord?

I think it would be a great idea. In this situation, Regalia will be more crowded in other parts of the city. Players now just go to the tavern and the boats. That's it.
If you can spawn in other parts of continents it would be indeed more fun.

From what I've read in the past the severs goal currently is to get as much people in Regalia as possible. I agree there should be more spawn points around the worlds but perhaps this should wait until the sever has more population.

Status
Not open for further replies.