Archived [modpack] Massivecraft Modpack

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

XxXYaJrAbXxX

Kingdoms Baby!
Reaction score
Faction
Jaholdril
Hey I was thinking of maybe a modpack recomended by massivecraft that includes a load of Clientside enhancers like Rei's minimap and GLSL Shaders. Was wondering your thoughts if I make it and any mods you would like to include.

(Sorry I did not make the poll clear.
Options:

1. Yes just as a download to manually install
2. Yes just added as a custom modpack on the technicpack website
3. Both of the above
4. No I do not want this to happen/will not use it

These are a detailed descriptions of what I mean by the options in order of the poll.)

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
This is a good idea but it would limit the players because if they had trouble downloading mods they cannot play. Though I would like to see heaps of good mods if this happens like
- Rei's minimap (Like you said)
- Optifine
- Mo' Creatures
- Some sort of Shaders mod
- better weapons mod
-Other shtuff
But other than that, great idea!

This is a good idea but it would limit the players because if they had trouble downloading mods they cannot play. Though I would like to see heaps of good mods if this happens like
- Rei's minimap (Like you said)
- Optifine
- Mo' Creatures
- Some sort of Shaders mod
- better weapons mod
-Other shtuff
But other than that, great idea!

Some of these will not be implimented such as Mo' creatures as that needs to be installed on the server and as ulumulu1510 said, CayOrion will not install anything on the server that means the client needs mods. This, what I am putting together is purely to improve what the client sees.

A big mayority of our players used the vanilla client when we had spout. We are excpecting to loose a lot of players if we forced a client on them.

It would be fun and we would be able to do many awesome stuff thought :)

A big mayority of our players used the vanilla client when we had spout. We are excpecting to loose a lot of players if we forced a client on them.

It would be fun and we would be able to do many awesome stuff thought :)

This is not forcing a client on them, this is to make a better experience for the client and is up to them whether they use it or not.

Maybe people could help Cayorion make some mods to improve bandwidth usage and some other things...

It would be nice to have a white list (list of mods pre-approved to be OK to use).

One difficulty with mods is that some programmers are faster at getting mods updated than others. These mods often don't work until upgraded, and can even crash minecraft. So having some "official" set of mods would be asking to take over the update checks for these mods, and it is a lot of work. Think about the questions about the texture pack update and multiply it by the number of mods in the "official" set.

I am happy to put the mods together but most of the mods I have chosen are to do with the graphics of the game different from normal minecraft.[DOUBLEPOST=1364059348,1364058954][/DOUBLEPOST]What I might do is see if I can get any coders in the community like Cowboys1919 and Illogicalleaf314 and see if they want to code anything for this.[DOUBLEPOST=1364059443][/DOUBLEPOST]My list so far:

Optifine
Better Animations mod
GLSL Shaders (When it updates)
Rei's Minimap
Water Shaders (Needs updating)
More player models (Needs updating)
Cape mod

This is a cool idea. I think once the official Minecraft plugin api comes out this undertaking would be much easier to maintain and initially setup, and also this would allow GUIs for commands or even custom blocks and mobs, since the new plugin api will do sort of what Spout does. A magic system with mana and spells, anyone? If Massivecraft can get server sharding done and other major improvements, then this would be amazing for the coding team to work on, since it would further increase RP and the uniqueness of Massivecraft, since there are SO MANY servers that are hardcore pvp servers with factions, mcmmo, and an economy.

This is a cool idea. I think once the official Minecraft plugin api comes out this undertaking would be much easier to maintain and initially setup, and also this would allow GUIs for commands or even custom blocks and mobs, since the new plugin api will do sort of what Spout does. A magic system with mana and spells, anyone? If Massivecraft can get server sharding done and other major improvements, then this would be amazing for the coding team to work on, since it would further increase RP and the uniqueness of Massivecraft, since there are SO MANY servers that are hardcore pvp servers with factions, mcmmo, and an economy.
Mana? We call that Hunger. But spells would be cool (and colored particles to match people's aura: http://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/guidelines-on-magic-forum-roleplaying.2409/ )

If someone is working on this one mod that I think should be added is "More Player Models".
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1122495-147-more-player-models/ [DOUBLEPOST=1364061692,1364061471][/DOUBLEPOST]Actually even if this doesn't get made I suggest that everyone get and use "More Player Models". Especially if your gameplay is more role play focused.

This does actually look awesome but before I add it, there needs to be confirmation of the plugin being added by CayOrion. Also it needs an update.

It is completely client side, the server doesn't have to add anything.

The bukkit plugin is there so that everyone can see the gestures.

Scroll down to the download part which is just above the videos and there will be 3 links.

There is one problem that I am having. I cannot install modloader as this modpack I am using is 1.5 and I cannot find Risugami's modloader that is compatable without giving an error for Minecapes. :'(

There is one problem that I am having. I cannot install modloader as this modpack I am using is 1.5 and I cannot find Risugami's modloader that is compatable without giving an error for Minecapes. ;(
That's the difficulty of a modpack. Sometimes mods take a certain order for installation, sometimes they need extra coding for compatibility.

yeah to be honest though I need to try and find modloader for 1.5 as it is for 1.5.1 at the moment.

But once the mod api comes out, I am sure Massivecraft will make some mods since it will auto install and download them as Mojang has said. It will be sweet. I want them to flesh out the medieval universe with more mobs, weapons, blocks... pretty much everything.

At the moment I am looking for some sort of belt mod where the player sheaths his weapon from a belt. :)[DOUBLEPOST=1364370675,1364248492][/DOUBLEPOST]Prerelease is out. It will only be a mod that you have to install which is really easy as I have modded for you. All you need to do is replace your minecraft.jar and add a txt file to the .minecraft directory. It does work but I have fond tha it gave some people a black screen but I know it works because I am using it.

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/?4hmpmnc4tcy7y5o

;)

This idea is amazing the divine rpg mod would be useful as it has armor durability arrow amount and. Damage done indacators

This idea is amazing the divine rpg mod would be useful as it has armor durability arrow amount and. Damage done indacators

Yeah I was looking for the damage indicator mod but it says that it needs a bukkit plugin in order for it to work.[DOUBLEPOST=1364400142,1364399884][/DOUBLEPOST]Ah just looked up the mod but it has new mobs meaning it will need client install and server install. This modpack is not forced on a player but this divineRPG mod means it will be forced on the player to come on the server. So unfortunatly it will not be added.

Yeah I was looking for the damage indicator mod but it says that it needs a bukkit plugin in order for it to work.[DOUBLEPOST=1364400142,1364399884][/DOUBLEPOST]Ah just looked up the mod but it has new mobs meaning it will need client install and server install. This modpack is not forced on a player but this divineRPG mod means it will be forced on the player to come on the server. So unfortunatly it will not be added.
divineRPG is not a good mod for this server since it doesn't fit our RPG style very well in my opinion.

the more player modeels mod did update :D Do it!

I found 1 problem "It may not be compatable with better animations mod" and also I am trying to sort out the cape mod too.[DOUBLEPOST=1364459208,1364459155][/DOUBLEPOST]I might release 2 versions. 1 with better animations and the other with more player models.[DOUBLEPOST=1364460221][/DOUBLEPOST]Sorry ulu it seems there is a bit of a bug as I went to go into third person and my BIOs got an error and the commands for the dance and stuff does not work.[DOUBLEPOST=1364462769][/DOUBLEPOST]
divineRPG is not a good mod for this server since it doesn't fit our RPG style very well in my opinion.

I was looking more for the damage indicator mod but it means I am going to have to get it specially modded so that it does work with the server without the bukkit plugin being installed.

Have you tried to set it to local only (dance and things) ? If not, you should .;) (press f6)
It is a bit buggy, though it works fine for me now :P

ok I will try and if it works i'll upload a link.[DOUBLEPOST=1364469767,1364468123][/DOUBLEPOST]
Have you tried to set it to local only (dance and things) ? If not, you should .;) (press f6)
It is a bit buggy, though it works fine for me now :P

Thanks ulumulu it works. :) Here is the link to anyone who wants to use it. It is still in development:

http://www.mediafire.com/?ux4x2glito0h2ra

I will add a thread to the forums on getting the plugin. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.