Archived Mod Suggestion: Mpm's Near Cousin

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.

quadgamer

Mowan, A.K.A. Nobody
Reaction score
Faction
Morthion
Some time before I joined MassiveCraft, I found a really nice mod that I feel could be useful/fun to those who like to mod here; especially after its update that adds more than the name suggests.

This is Kihira's Tails Mod.
B0FNLefCIAAL4n9.jpg:large

2014-08-20_21.png

(screenshots taken by mod author)

It's mostly clientside, and is mostly compatible with MPM.
The reason I say "mostly" is because it takes up a 6x3 space where custom MPM textures are placed if you save the color combination to your skin file for others' viewing.
Other than that, it works really well- even Kihira, the author, has acknowledged MPM and stated that the two mods work well together.

The tails in the mod are programmed to move on their own, and the author is working on different animations for different actions as well.

The reason I think this mod would be great for this server is because some of the features are already perfect for some of the races- the Dargon and most of the Naylar, specifically- with recolor options for all the tails, ears, and wings, as well as fox, cat, and lizard tails. If used correctly, these capabilities could be a great fit for the already amazing community.

For those of you who are interested, here's a link to the mod page:
http://minecraft.curseforge.com/mc-mods/223584-tails

Last edited:
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Looks amazing. Now if only I could figure how to download both MPM and this mod, then I'll be set. +1 support :3

g8 b8 m8 r8 8/8 +1 Supported. Would really add a lot of value to RP

Oh man that's cool. +1

This looks adorable, and I bet it would be super cute to use with tigrans and kleinfolk.

+1 support.

I'm a failuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeee
(+1 Support)

A few things came up about this, some I just found out and some I forgot to mention.
-You have to use the "export" option and apply the resulting skin to Minecraft for others to see.
-As such, they don't reload instantly when options are changed, unlike MPM.
-Also heads stare at you or something, but that's a dependency mod thing.

A few things came up about this, some I just found out and some I forgot to mention.
-You have to use the "export" option and apply the resulting skin to Minecraft for others to see.
-As such, they don't reload instantly when options are changed, unlike MPM.
-Also heads stare at you or something, but that's a dependency mod thing.
I was wondering what was going on with that. Oh god... I can only imagine @DrFong 's mask shop with this mod...

THE CUPCAKES AND APPLES WILL STARE AT YOUR SOUL

1+

Does it have a server setting?

For example, MPM is both a mod and a server plugin. The mod (client-side) allows you to see your own model, and the plugin (server-side) allows others to see your model.

tumblr_na0fr2rIsf1s207suo8_250.gif

Apart from MPM almost already having all of what this mod has to offer, I hardly see this being 'beneficial' in all aspects. It is overwhelmed with cons rather than pros. Not only that, but it is just going to cause people to abuse it and it just doesn't seem that 'lore friendly' with the multiple tails and all that people will no doubt attempt to use.

MPM offers and boasts a plethora of options, you just need to look into it more if you're feeling it's missing anything. As it continues to update more will be offered. Nonetheless, this mod seems unbeneficial and more so just a 'cute addition' that will cause problems rather than a needed one.
-1 Support

Apart from MPM almost already having all of what this mod has to offer, I hardly see this being 'beneficial' in all aspects. It is overwhelmed with cons rather than pros. Not only that, but it is just going to cause people to abuse it and it just doesn't seem that 'lore friendly' with the multiple tails and all that people will no doubt attempt to use.

MPM offers and boasts a plethora of options, you just need to look into it more if you're feeling it's missing anything. As it continues to update more will be offered. Nonetheless, this mod seems unbeneficial and more so just a 'cute addition' that will cause problems rather than a needed one.
-1 Support
This mod adds a wider variety of tails for kleinfolk, naga, dakkar, tigrans, and thylans. It allows the tails to match the patterns on their fur/ scales. It is very realistic in terms of animation, and looks very realistic (as realistic as Minecraft can be). And as for the concern of people abusing it, I need only point to MPM. The same concern existed for MPM. Many of the options in that mod aren't lore frienbly. Wings? Horse body? The ability to become a mob? The solution? Give warnings. If they do nothing? Jail them. Overall, while this only benefits a select for races, it makes them look so much nicer. In the end, isn't that the same purpose as MPM? To make things look nicer? All this mod would require is others to use it. Plain and simple. So long as Massivecraft recommends it, people will use it.

-1 Support
Actually, the mod has fewer settings to abuse, most of those settings being tails, three types of ears, and two types of wings. Coming from someone who uses the mod, the tails are much more pleasing to the eyes rather then the MPM tails. They have great animations, and better models, and you are able to customize it colour wise. The ears wouldn't be very easy to abuse, given that they're so small, and the wings just look horrible.
And MPM is abused at times, but it's rather rare. We could have the same punishments for those who abuse this mod, along with MPM.
MPM actually has more abusable features [and might gain some with those 'updates']. Might I ask how deep you looked into this?
I'm not trying to be rude. ;v;
200_s.gif

Posting to say I have read the concerns addressed and points made, I will answer questions and all that whenever I have access to an actual computer.

The mod looks pretty cool, I wouldn't have a problem with the server using it.

All right, time to address some things.

@Ryciera While the mod can be installed server-side, it is not a plugin like MPM has. However, the clientside feature works, even though it can't be edited on the spot like MPM settings can.

On what Rose brought up, I agree with indyfan and suzzie in that the same can be said for MPM.

Also, keep in mind that the mod has not advanced as much as MPM has, what with it only being in 1.2.3. We may have to wait until it's easier to use before everyone can agree on this, but it's fairly solid for its progression so far.

I am willing to address any other questions or concerns anyone might have.

-1 Support
Also, here is the worst I could abuse MPM:
2014-12-08_20.34.01.png
Here is the worst I could abuse the tails mod:
2014-12-08_20.40.14.png
Which is worse? My point exactly.

I hardly find it necessary after you had made your rebuttal to post another response.
Nonetheless, it has given me time to think about the mod.

Does it permit such things such as the immediate skin changing, sitting/standing/dancing/sleeping/crawling/bowing/waving animations?

Last edited:
I hardly find it necessary after you had made your rebuttal to post another response.
Nonetheless, it has given me time to think about the mod.

Does it permit such things such as the immediate skin changing, sitting/standing/dancing/sleeping/crawling/bowing/waving animations?

It's fully compatible with MPM, so yes.
The only thing that doesn't work is /wag, since it animates the MPM tail.