Mister Shadowman Please Don't Break My Fingers

Discussion in 'Regalian Roleplay' started by Ocularum, Aug 27, 2020.

1. Ocularum

Ocularum Scott Staff Member PR3

A letter would be tacked to noticeboards throughout the city.
    It was hastily copied and written on Arcanum letterhead, but the hand that wrote it wasn't a guard's.

[​IMG]

‎‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎The subject of this open letter is serious, and I shouldn't have to write this, and I actually don't but I already had it mostly written so here goes. Mister Shadowman, please don't break my fingers. Whatever beef you have with the guards in this city is fine and dandy, but I don't want any part in it, and I didn't ask for it, just like I didn't ask to be associated with the person you are actually mad at. (It just happens naturally, like crime in poor areas or overzealous punishments for petty thievery like hand chopping, which is the whole purpose of this letter.)

I mean, sure the guards took your wife's (I think she's your wife, I never actually looked into that) ear tips, but that was the act of one person who I'll call out by name because I especially don't like him. Avaineiral. You suck. You had some nice philosophy and you didn't try to do that thing adults do where they try to mold you in their image so they can live vicariously through their younger counterparts like some people do (sort of, but if I'm going to give you half a point I might as well give you the whole thing), but you still kind of suck.

What I really want to say is, this is all Avaineiral's fault because he started it months ago and you should take it up with him. Also if you get paid any time after you see this, that was planned, but I think all of this needed to be said anyway. On the off chance flattery will get me anywhere, I think your hat is cool and I like the purple ensemble you've got going on.

Thanks,‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎

Tommy

• Winner Winner x 21
    • Powerful Powerful x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. GoodDreamer

GoodDreamer The Regalian Nuke

"Wait- Shadowman is back??!"
    "..."
    ".. NERISSA GOT HER EARS CUT??!"

A furious Fansho storms off, muttering foul words in Sofaal.

3. studsonsc

studsonsc the only son.

".. Aha. That's an Arcanum document -- TOMMY?"

• Powerful Powerful x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  4. bwmwags3

bwmwags3 Refugee

Scoffs “Such cowardice, your are supposed to be a guard boy. Disgusting to disavow your comrades like a cowering Pup. Go down and beg like a coward if you are so weak.” The Url turns toward the entrance of the sewer off in the distance. “Yet I can’t entirely blame him, I know fully what you can do shadow. I’ve seen what lies behind the jokes, the whimsy, and even the Greed. It is darkness but a darkness you shape around Her.”

the Url sighs “least I will not have to participate when you learn the real person you should be pleading your case to Tom. Nerissa is much worse then the Creature and far more Cruel when she wants to be.”

a small smile peeks out from the Urls exhaustion. “Its going to be quite the show, Just don’t burn it all down when you return the Arcanum’s Love Notes Requisition.”

He grins to his daughter, “Maybe you’ll get to see that Top Hat Water snake after all Pup.”

5. GRIST_

GRIST_ The Antagonist Premium

"The Kids got style. I'll give 'em that." Muttered the slightly concerned Url as they looked over the notice.

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  6. studsonsc

studsonsc the only son.

Overhearing the nearby Url whilst she too crowded to read the flyer, the Est'alorn.. Ever so slowly deadpanned to put it simply, "He's not a guard? -- Why would I hire a sixteen year old?" @bwmwags3

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  7. bwmwags3

bwmwags3 Refugee

He laughs “Really from how you were yelling at him. I could swear he was one of yours. Well that just makes this Sad, dear gods he isn’t even arcanum and he is throwing Avaineiral under the cart right out.” @Katiesc

he would also note the mention of the Top Hat “Hooray he’s got that back just isn’t the same without it.”

8. mochha

mochha yolo Supremium

"WOOOOOOO. GET 'EM!"

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  9. ThePear

ThePear Pear

Jimmy looks at this and says "Well, This is surely interesting... "
    As he reads over the flyer

10. Vegemiite

Vegemiite monty appreciator Supremium

Avaineiral eyed the Url as he condemned a child, a strong glare being pointed towards the man for just a moment before he focused back on the post at hand. "He is a child, he is frightened. Both the Shadowman and Nerissa clearly know it was myself who did the act some months ago. For whatever reason, two grown adults are deciding to threaten a boy who has done nothing. It does him or myself no help for you to speak down at him."

The Archblood shook his head, yet soon shrugged. "At least it is clear now why they both have warrants out for their name. And a shame that it has come to this. One would've thought that they were both smarter than that."
    @bwmwags3

• Powerful Powerful x 4
  11. bwmwags3

bwmwags3 Refugee

“Then I stand corrected Avainerial but from where I come 15 is when one is expected to be a adult. A lad must grow somewhat of a ability to take fear, even of dark monsters. Yet doubt they would go as far as to harm him ...yet one never knows. Do be careful there is a reason they’ve survived so long in this city.“

#11 bwmwags3, Aug 27, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2020
  12. FlossyBerryRene

FlossyBerryRene Meow!

13. ArtisticPlanet

ArtisticPlanet Sigrid Sterke-enn

The steel eyed woman looked over it with an amused chuff before she handed it towards a familiar red head “Is Shadow really breaking fingers? Gods we should have him over for dinner.”

@DiabloDonut @CRASHIR

• Powerful Powerful x 3
  14. NightLight12

NightLight12 TheRiceFieldman

"Its amazing how fast people sell out"

@Katiesc